Khakis

What do you miss the most about earlier times within APB?

2 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

Of course the thing i miss the most is population

besides that..like this game is always the same so idk what i can be missing

Edited by TheMessiah

The aliveness that was from the larger population. Everything was just more. More cool designs, outfits, players, larger and more clans, social stuff...etc

Nowadays people seem less creative with their outfits and stuff and everyone is making the same boring type of themes even.

Also that general excitement which has now turned to sort of a scepticism from all the disappointments over the years.

Another thing I miss: the real player names. Now everyone is named dictionary names: Acceptance, Sentimental, Contradict.... what kind of stupid names are those? 😆

woa... almost a rant there

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 2

From RTW: Beating up a quarter of an entire district in a single mission because matchmaking was a hilarious shitshow.

From G1 CBT/OBT: Amancia and Cheeball symbol/outfit designs and Breaking Bads.

Edited by Ohshii

I miss the days when there a large amount of mid-range skilled players. They have either all left the game, or gotten better over the years. Playing non-competitively (i.e. using weird guns, non-meta playstyles, etc) is just asking to get your patootie wiped off of the face of the earth, especially if god forbid you turn gold and need to play in silver districts for a dozen or so stompings

I used to have a blast using shotguns. Everytime I upgrade hardware, the game runs worse. Kinda counterintuitive... shotguns cause too much stutter for me now.

• Like 1

i miss the old rank system in apb wish they will bring it back 

ily6w1.png

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Donjae said:

i miss the old rank system in apb wish they will bring it back 

ily6w1.png

I think we are going the other way... no visible threat at all.

Might be controversial but no recoil and longer TTK. Also when people we're actually engaged into playing as enforcer/criminal so they make their character looking like an actual enforcer/criminal.

oh, and also Phoenix - 1901

almost forgot, also this

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

if its will go like this i think its will ruin alot of the game 

To be honest, I miss being a Silver and there was a very adventurous vibe to learning the game and calling Gold threat players "cheaters".

I miss APB looking pretty, and the old driving physics.  Also like everyone has said so far, the population.  I also miss the creativity of the time, back when there weren't any like, god tier designers.  Everyone was still learning how to use the tools and they made due, so their creations didn't look or sound amazing, but that was part of the charm of it back then I think.  It gave the kinda homemade feel like "Yes I made this".  Nowadays everyone is using the same 5 trap themes and not many creations really feel unique anymore.  A lot of it just feels manufactured now.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Why would any skilled player play the game then

4 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

Why would any skilled player play the game then

I mean if you only play for your displayed threat I dunno what to tell you.

The gulf between Gold 1 and Gold 10 is already so vast, I can't understand getting any kind of ego boost from being gold.

Not to mention APB is a rather casual, RNG based shooter in the first place. I'm not sure pushing for it to be more competitive is the answer to our population/popularity problems.

Then again, I'm not a game dev and have no say in what happens anyways.

Edited by CookiePuss

On 8/4/2019 at 5:35 PM, GhosT said:

Variation in gameplay.

I miss seeing different weapons and cars every mission.

I wonder at which point you might have experienced this.

At no point in APB history, which I can remember, were the N-HVR, N-Tec and JG/CSG not the most used/popular weapons, going all the way back to RTW beta times.

Unless you count short-lived outliers, when certain weapons became notably overpowered for a while (e.g. Obeya, Nano, Trouble Maker ...).

Arguably there was a little more car variety when the Pioneer was Enforcer exclusive, because Crims had to use the Espacio as their heavy duty vehicle. But besides that vehicle popularity hasn't really changed.

There were a few light-roleplaying clans who would almost exclusively use Broadwings, Moirais and Fresnos in "authentic" police cruiser fashion, but those were a fringe group. In the grand scheme of things it was always all about the Vegas, Bishada, Mikro, Jericho and Pioneer.

On 8/4/2019 at 7:44 PM, Mitne said:

That I actually enjoyed playing that game.

And way less try-hard pop. Try-hards were small minority then.

Try-hards were never a small minority. Intentionally losing to keep a low threat level or trying to reach TL15 using any given dirty trick were common in earliest days. With dwindling play numbers it merely became more likely to meet the same try-hards over and over, without a way to evade them.

Unless you were willing to play tough, but fair opponents when the population was healthy, you were bound to face try-hards in other districts.

These two issues really boil down to low population, which reduced the factual, but also the perceived variety in the game.

I miss large clans and their rivalries the most. Clans in particular could've been so much more, had the necessary tools existed in the game. I think they uesd some of them (e.g. WASP, Resistance) for game promotion before one of the larger shows (probably Gamescom)?

Also, because I just went on a minor tour through old APB stuff, it seems like players made sounds when getting hit, way back in the day. They should bring this back.

• Like 2

1) Population. (Remember when we had to queue to log in? Remember how there used to be multiple full or almost full instances of both mission districts going at any given time, even in the early morning?)

2) People not knowing everything. (All the ins and outs to various mission locations, camp spots, how and where from to counter those, how many hits weapon x is at y meters, what are stages for mission z and where they'll likely happen if 1st stage is at that specific location, etc...)

26 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

I wonder at which point you might have experienced this.

At no point in APB history, which I can remember, were the N-HVR, N-Tec and JG/CSG not the most used/popular weapons, going all the way back to RTW beta times.

Unless you count short-lived outliers, when certain weapons became notably overpowered for a while (e.g. Obeya, Nano, Trouble Maker ...).

Arguably there was a little more car variety when the Pioneer was Enforcer exclusive, because Crims had to use the Espacio as their heavy duty vehicle. But besides that vehicle popularity hasn't really changed.

There were a few light-roleplaying clans who would almost exclusively use Broadwings, Moirais and Fresnos in "authentic" police cruiser fashion, but those were a fringe group. In the grand scheme of things it was always all about the Vegas, Bishada, Mikro, Jericho and Pioneer.

Couple years ago, probably 2011 to 2015 or so, until people started discovering all the powerful metas like ntec, car gameplay or only driving pioneers/4x4s.

While broken guns were a thing then too, the bigger playerbase and lesser known meta loadouts made people use basically every gun and vehicles in the game.

58 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

personally glad they got rid of this tbh, getting ttk’d by any fast firing weapon and listening to your character go thru every single voice sample in half a second was irritating as hell

On 8/5/2019 at 4:05 AM, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

I miss the days when there a large amount of mid-range skilled players. They have either all left the game, or gotten better over the years. Playing non-competitively (i.e. using weird guns, non-meta playstyles, etc) is just asking to get your patootie wiped off of the face of the earth, especially if god forbid you turn gold and need to play in silver districts for a dozen or so stompings

A SPCT complaining about having to play in silver.... Ok.

I was feeling weirdly good when I was playing the game, I miss that feeling. Now I just shooting ppl and quit nothing special.

• Like 1

I remember downloading and playing the CBT, sitting there at like 3 AM on a school night designing my character for the first time. It's not really something that has changed over the years, but the nostalgia that comes with that memory is a drug like no other.

Edited by Similarities
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The gulf between Gold 1 and Gold 10 is already so vast, I can't understand getting any kind of ego boost from being gold.

Not to mention APB is a rather casual, RNG based shooter in the first place. I'm not sure pushing for it to be more competitive is the answer to our population/popularity problems.

To be Gold 10 gives me an ego boost irl.
I feel like I could achieve everything!

44 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

To be Gold 10 gives me an ego boost irl.
I feel like I could achieve everything!

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know.

rCKZ2oQ.jpg

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

nothing wrong with playing competitive imo plus people will always scum it up for the ego boost scoreboards regardless of visual threat

i think its more important to give players a concrete goal to work for skill wise whether it be leaderboards, threat levels, even something only visible to themselves