Khakis

What do you miss the most about earlier times within APB?

I personally will always miss it when social was capped with players and the second floor always had some low rank loudly arguing over mic with some veteran gold. Always had me crying of laughter each time.

Edited by Khakis
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Khakis said:

I personally will always miss it when social was capped with players and the second floor always had some low rank loudly arguing over mic with some veteran gold. Always had me crying of laughter each time.

I dont remember this but it sounds fun 😄

i miss population number

i mostly miss the fresh feeling the whole game had, but there’s no way to get that back without a lobotomy so

• Like 2

Variation in gameplay.

I miss seeing different weapons and cars every mission.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i mostly miss the fresh feeling the whole game had, but there’s no way to get that back without a lobotomy so

My first few times playing, I was amazed at how huge the maps would seem. Especially as I had no idea that opening the map existed for some reason. The maps are is still a cool size, but definitely not as how it felt the first time playing.

Edited by Khakis
typos

i miss being on ts with at least 3 possible groups to join at any time of day and having tons of fun :^(

Edited by iRawwwN
  • Like 1

Population. 

Friends that still played. 

That exciting feeling that somehow mellows over time. 

• Like 3

That I actually enjoyed playing that game.

And way less try-hard pop. Try-hards were small minority then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glaciers said:

I mean... even tho population is an issue once phasing is added they could always just merge Jericho and Citadel and then call it a legacy server then open a brand new server. I have a maxed out crim and enforcer but wouldnt mind everyone starting over and racing others to 255. *shrug* Would be a fun little test to see how many people come back for that Nostalgic feeling of a fresh APB.

Blue muzzle flashes were pretty cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Signarly said:

I mean... even tho population is an issue once phasing is added they could always just merge Jericho and Citadel and then call it a legacy server then open a brand new server. I have a maxed out crim and enforcer but wouldnt mind everyone starting over and racing others to 255. *shrug* Would be a fun little test to see how many people come back for that Nostalgic feeling of a fresh APB.

don’t really have any desire to run through the existing progression again, i already have ~25 characters at varying ranks

i more meant just the experience of playing apb for the first 100 or so hours; getting missions in areas you’ve never been, discovering mechanics, just exploring the map for the first time, etc

going to social to buy an outfit from a professional APB clothing or car designer that didn't look like crap compared to now a days

4 hours ago, Glaciers said:

25 characters

😱 holiday special events must be a pain

• Like 1

No cross faction shit.
Each faction had its own cars, clothing and feeling.
Now everything is the same ...

• Thanks 4

I miss the days when contact bases were faction-specific. Couldn't use any of the amenities at one unless you belonged to the faction of the contact.

37 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

No cross faction shit. Each faction had its own cars, clothing and feeling. Now everything is the same ...

I don't miss how that had so many imbalances that favored the Crim faction. Hell, the game still favors them now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I don't miss how that had so many imbalances that favored the Crim faction. Hell, the game still favors them now

the only thing i remember crims having are some easier low level missions (vandalize obj, 3 min timer bomb final stage) which are still in the game iirc

i don't miss enforcers having the better faction vehicles, altho u still have to pay for them as a crim

Edited by Glaciers
typo

I miss the thrill and pride of unlocking a cool new car part... 

New wheel on a Dolton Broadwing and then push bars, aerials and different light bars... 

Finishing off with City Soldiers enforcer light and Wingbolt light bar. 

All the effort making an unmarked police car was so cool seeing it come together!

Now new clothing items and vehicle parts come in packs and bundles... No sense of achievement.

Also I got practically everything unlocked including sabretooth helmet which was an accident. 

Not trying to flex but new kits and skins and I'm there like "oh, that nice...", I missed getting hyped and excited to get new stuff and sharing them with my friends. 

I miss the old fast-paced gameplay alongside with other things such as blue muzzle flashes, jump scouting, heavy item jumping and other things that G1 removed over the years. Lets hope the EMP brings us closer to what the game used to be, before it was all about sitting around your car that is basically just a 4 bedroom house.

• Like 4

Stable servers.

Reliable Registration.

I used to be able to reliably hit people standing still. Nowdays its a 50/50 chance.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog
  • Like 1

Of course the thing i miss the most is population

Back then you didn't have to spam to join a district every time you wanted to play the game and you could choose between a lot of districts. You could also play APB 24/7, every day of the week. Meeting and making friends was super easy, veteran players actually helped new players and there weren't so many try harding players. Every mission you played against different opponents who had their own style, so you saw a variety of cars, weapons, mods...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

no one said tracers yet?

Kinda pointless to bring up since it's already been confirmed since years ago that they're coming back with the engine upgrade.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

Kinda pointless to bring up since it's already been confirmed since years ago that they're coming back with the engine upgrade.

missing tracers is missing tracers still counts 😝