Hexerin

Disable the ready up button if gold threat in bronze district

Such a small change that would have a significant impact on the issue.

The biggest reason that dethreating is so prevalent is because of how incredibly easy it is to do. You simply dethreat to silver, join bronze district, and then viola you get an entire day of easy matches no matter how hard you win. This change would force people to dethreat every time they go back to gold, which would require them to change to silver district since they could no longer ready up in bronze. Alternatively, they would have to make estimated guesses on when they're about to threat up, and pre-emptively threat back down.

This new hassle to dethreating would most likely result in the majority of dethreaters simply ceasing to bother with it. Sure, there'd be plenty that keep doing it, but this would vastly improve the overall game experience for new players and veterans that actually belong in the bronze district.

Yeah nah. 

The only way to stop dethreating is to punish them. 

Penalties should be as severe as being caught cheating. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah nah. The only way to stop dethreating is to punish them. Penalties should be as severe as being caught cheating.

Won't see me arguing with that, but @MattScott clearly has no intention of combating the issue until years from now if/when the engine upgrade and everything else is implemented. This would be a smaller, easier to implement adjustment for the interim.

24 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Such a small change that would have a significant impact on the issue.

The biggest reason that dethreating is so prevalent is because of how incredibly easy it is to do. You simply dethreat to silver, join bronze district, and then viola you get an entire day of easy matches no matter how hard you win. This change would force people to dethreat every time they go back to gold, which would require them to change to silver district since they could no longer ready up in bronze. Alternatively, they would have to make estimated guesses on when they're about to threat up, and pre-emptively threat back down.

This new hassle to dethreating would most likely result in the majority of dethreaters simply ceasing to bother with it. Sure, there'd be plenty that keep doing it, but this would vastly improve the overall game experience for new players and veterans that actually belong in the bronze district.

I believe it's been suggested multiple times in the past to just kick the player once they hit gold. Seems more practical imo.

Regardless, I feel something like this would help at least a little bit, and it's pretty low effort to implement I would imagine.

I have moved this thread to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

~@mayii

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There should also be a midway threat between silver/bronze and silver/gold. Because some of these dethreaters are actually far too outclassed for gold, and far too overpowered for bronze. but legitimate good golds who intentionally DT for laughs should be punished/discouraged in some way. what do you think about separate instance hosting?

35 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Won't see me arguing with that, but @MattScott clearly has no intention of combating the issue until years from now if/when the engine upgrade and everything else is implemented. This would be a smaller, easier to implement adjustment for the interim.

Ahh... Fair enough. 

I think Matt listens to his employees though. Sure the final decision is his, but I don't get the impression he is a dictator. 

1 hour ago, KillerTurtle15 said:

There should also be a midway threat between silver/bronze and silver/gold. Because some of these dethreaters are actually far too outclassed for gold, and far too overpowered for bronze. but legitimate good golds who intentionally DT for laughs should be punished/discouraged in some way. what do you think about separate instance hosting?

Would accomplish nothing. There's already four threat levels and yet we're in this situation, further fragmenting doesn't change anything.

All this considered, before work picked up on the Engine upgrade we (the community) decided that we do not want matchmaking fixes, no new cars, not guns, etc. Just finish the engine.

We dont reserve the right to just blame LO for matters that have been affecting players since way before their time. Yes it is an issue, I believe Matt has even acknowledge so publicly.

Thirdly we (the public perspective) dont know how the engine and builds actually behave, Matt stated that "The engine runs on hacks", esentially meaning that the way things are implemented are Junky, this is why there are so many issues with the SCPT builds, assuming that changing features in the engine to compensate for such a simple idea is easy may not be the case at all.

Be patient, ignore it. Learn from your deaths and become a better player.

That's all that I have to share.

• Like 1

Be silver player

Not very good at game but still okay

Not good enough to play against golds

Hit gold in bronze district

move to silver district

lose against golds

hit silver

move to bronze district

move to silver district

lose against golds

hit silver

move to bronze district

move to silver district

lose against golds

hit silver

move to bronze district

move to silver district

lose against golds

hit silver

move to bronze district

move to silver district

lose against golds

hit silver

move to bronze district

move to silver district

lose against golds

hit silver

move to bronze district

move to silver district

lose against golds

hit silver

move to bronze district

Repeat

20 hours ago, KillerTurtle15 said:

There's a threat value behind the colors. You can go up or down a color while barely changing the hidden value. Adding another color wouldn't really solve anything, it would just further segregate players.

Dethreating wouldn't be a big issue if districts weren't segregated by threat to begin with.