Sign in to follow this  
Giodra

Little Orbit APB Revival and Crossplay

Hello , first off i really want to say that i'm glad that someone finally saw the potential of APB and started the mission to resurrect it. I really hope this goes well , but i know it will be hard work. I understand the complexity of the game's code and the effort needed to take it out of the dust and make it a real competitive game in the market. Lately i've been playing Fortnite ,not cause i really enjoy it that much (even tho after many hours i started to get in its mood) but mostly beacause of the crossplatform feature which permitted to all my real life friends ,which have some ps4 or xbox, to play with me from the PC rather than playing alone or having to meet new people online. I really think that something that could be very helpful for this game would be the same : maybe not completly crossplatform but maybe allowing some servers to be so , it could exponancially increase the playerbase. What do you think? 

I know most of apb community could hate it , but if it's well done i dont think people would mind if there's a crossplatform server.

4 minutes ago, Giodra said:

Hello , first off i really want to say that i'm glad that someone finally saw the potential of APB and started the mission to resurrect it. I really hope this goes well , but i know it will be hard work. I understand the complexity of the game's code and the effort needed to take it out of the dust and make it a real competitive game in the market. Lately i've been playing Fortnite ,not cause i really enjoy it that much (even tho after many hours i started to get in its mood) but mostly beacause of the crossplatform feature which permitted to all my real life friends ,which have some ps4 or xbox, to play with me from the PC rather than playing alone or having to meet new people online. I really think that something that could be very helpful for this game would be the same : maybe not completly crossplatform but maybe allowing some servers to be so , it could exponancially increase the playerbase. What do you think? 

I know most of apb community could hate it , but if it's well done i dont think people would mind if there's a crossplatform server.

Would give a nice boost to bronze district pop if this happened.

xgrJvA0.gif

• Like 2

I don't think cross-platform PVP is something that will ever be possible in APB, and probably shouldn't be either. Fortnite is completely different and was designed with cross-platform gameplay in mind. I'm sure if you watched a console player and then compared their gameplay to some of APB's top streamers then you'd see a HUGE difference in skill, gameplay and freedom of movement. 

Edited by Kiida
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Would give a nice boost to bronze district pop if this happened.

xgrJvA0.gif

oof

OT: not sure how sony or microsoft would deal with crossplay tbh, it might mean that the pc playerbse would be restricted to console rules and regulations which is something i wouldnt be a fan of 

Edited by BXNNXD

1 minute ago, Kiida said:

I don't think cross-platform PVP is something that will ever be possible in APB, and probably shouldn't be either. Fortnite is completely different and was designed with cross-platform gameplay in mind. I'm sure if you watched a console player and then compared their gameplay to some of APB's top streamers then you'd see a HUGE difference in skill, gameplay and freedom of movement. 

What he said. Movement is key in APB and when you don't have it as much on console then you can expect a huge gap between the platforms skill-wise.

It would be a non competitive mod , just for the sake of fun and being able to play with friends, it is obvious that in every game a player with a controller would be in disadvantage against a keyboard mouse player , anyways i saw people playing with keyboard and mouse from consoles.

5 minutes ago, Giodra said:

It would be a non competitive mod , just for the sake of fun and being able to play with friends, it is obvious that in every game a player with a controller would be in disadvantage against a keyboard mouse player , anyways i saw people playing with keyboard and mouse from consoles.

...What do you mean a non competitive mod just for the sake of fun?

APB is a PVP game, It's not like there is a casual and ranked mode.

I suppose one could stretch to allow cross platform on Fightclub as end game results do not impact standing or threat.

Sorry but I just disagree with cross platform PVP games as the cultures of different platforms are different from each other. In theory it's nice to play with friends and more people but PC players are competitive and fairly serious and fairly mature, Play Station I'd say are a also fairly mature with the obvious disadvantage of controllers compared to a mouse and keyboard... then there is xbox!

That's all I'm going to say!

With the Engine Upgrade, you get a unified codebase. This can enable cross-play support; however, console doesn't have all the features PC have. These would have to either be added to console or removed from PC.

If they do support that endeavor, they could to have specific Cross-play Districts (pretty much open-conflict rules) and/or have a unique mode that is different and somewhat balanced (think Fortnite where there is just one objective and focus). In addition, while you can cross platform Xbox and PC and PS4 and PC...the problem starts between PS4 and Xbox: Microsoft is open to cross-console, but Sony is hesitant.

I don't think it will happen anytime soon, but could be worth a shot later.

Edited by LUST
  • Like 1

It is an interesting thought, but I can't imagine this happening anytime soon.

So feeding time for any PC player? Especially when a gold console player is the equivalent of a bronze pc player.

Sign in to follow this