claude

Perm weapons only cost JT?

Adding all these permanent unlockable weapons was a great opportunity to add more APB$ sinks into the game. Many players are sitting on millions of APB$ with nothing to spend it on, besides exclusive player created content, and the occasional weapon lease. Weapon leases take money out of the game, but they practically pay for themselves, since you can make that $2k-$25k back within a few hours. The only reliable thing in APB that takes money out of the game are tariffs placed on marketplace transactions between players, which is great and all, but with the new trading system, you can work around it entirely.

All permanent secondaries on the Joker Store are fairly cheap JT-wise... and some primaries (csg, wisp, etc) are quite inexpensive, why not slap a $250k pricetag on them too? Have the APB$ price scale from 3k JT to 10k JT, maybe with the minimum cost being $250k, and max being $1m? With the amount of money you will make while playing FC for JT, these prices shouldn't be too bad.

Edited by claude
  • Like 3

players without premium don't make as much as u think. the current system is better.

4 minutes ago, Pedroxin said:

players without premium don't make as much as u think

Exactly this. 

Sure leasing one weapon is an easy loss to make up, but if you are leasing 1 maybe 2 weapons per class? Yeah you aren't going to have much left afterwards.

28 minutes ago, Pedroxin said:

players without premium don't make as much as u think. the current system is better.

22 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Exactly this. 

Sure leasing one weapon is an easy loss to make up, but if you are leasing 1 maybe 2 weapons per class? Yeah you aren't going to have much left afterwards.

The entire point of premium is to make progression less grindy, along with expanding player customization. F2P progression was built to be inefficient and slow, adding $ prices to these weapons would make the grind more tedious. This would entice players to purchase premium, just as much as the cash and standing bonus would.

Adding these weapons to the Joker store ultimately adds a route for players to take to unlock content that was previously locked behind paywalls. For a free to play game, there has to be some sort of steady monetization, and I feel like pushing players to purchase premium (which by the way, is dirt cheap nowadays,) is harmless and appropriate.

However, I do see your point about weapon leases.

• Like 2

JT grinding has a limited cap, do we really need cash sinks too?

players will always have large amounts of cash when making money is as easy as duplicating a trendy anime symbol 100 times

13 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

JT grinding has a limited cap, do we really need cash sinks too?

Yes, because there's plenty of cash, and nothing to spend it on that permanently removes it from the game, and if you're a player with all the themes/symbols/vehicles/weapons that you've ever wanted, you have nothing to spend it on and no reason to keep making more.

15 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

players will always have large amounts of cash when making money is as easy as duplicating a trendy anime symbol 100 times

The cash gained through market/trade transactions is money that has already been made, practically recycled, and isn't new money added to the game. 

Exactly what OP says.

Trade system allows to bypass market tax sink, perm jt in long term removes weapon lease sink, nekrova merge will add A LOT of cash in the Citadel pile.

With every step they make, they slowly kill gold sink. There should be new ways of spending money, otherwise we'll have Zimbabwe dollars as ingame cash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, claude said:

The entire point of premium is to make progression less grindy

Less grindy is one thing, impossible is another. 

If need be, LO would make changes I think. 

Edited by CookiePuss

Legendaries, high-tiered vehicles and even modifications/leased weapons are plenty good money sinks. 

Just because a few dozen spent thousands on JMBs and have millions to spare doesn't mean that your average Joe needs to pay for that (or could).

• Like 1

I do agree that we should have more money sinks, but Perm 'free' weapons work better on the joker ticket system.

Better allow trade JT weapons on the market.

6 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Legendaries, high-tiered vehicles and even modifications/leased weapons are plenty good money sinks. 

Just because a few dozen spent thousands on JMBs and have millions to spare doesn't mean that your average Joe needs to pay for that (or could).

Legendaries are added to the game when a JMB is opened for IRL $. If a player buys one off another player, the money has already been generated through missions/FC/etc, so legendaries dont put money into the game, and they also dont take money out. 

You are correct, ANY purchase through contacts will take money out of the game. We need more ways to do this.

2 minutes ago, claude said:

Legendaries are added to the game when a JMB is opened for IRL $. If a player buys one off another player, the money has already been generated through missions/FC/etc, so legendaries dont put money into the game, and they also dont take money out. 

You are correct, ANY purchase through contacts will take money out of the game. We need more ways to do this.

Taxes do... and the point I tried to make was that for any non JMB buying player money inflation isn't actually a thing because they have plenty of things to buy.

So there is no need for additional money sinks just because some people "cheated" the market by buying everything for $$$.

1 hour ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Taxes do... and the point I tried to make was that for any non JMB buying player money inflation isn't actually a thing because they have plenty of things to buy.

So there is no need for additional money sinks just because some people "cheated" the market by buying everything for $$$.

Trades dont have tariffs, and many people prefer to trade now since it's much easier and nobody gets a chunk of their money taken out of the game for every trade. I understand you're looking at it as a player who may be free to play, or just a player who doesn't buy JMBs, but most people who play APB have been playing for years and im sure they have accumulated enough money to buy what they've always wanted quite some time ago. What do they do now? Players who've had millions since 2013/2014/2015, they have nothing to spend their money on, they just wait for the next legendary to come out and spend the majority of their money on that. There's nothing in APB that a player could throw a huge chunk of their money away for, beyond vehicle purchases off contacts (average player would typically buy the pio/espacio, probably go for the 4x4s on the joker store) and then that's all. 

If your slick enough you can buy A legendary for 600k do some trading end up with a lend worth 4 million and sell that Tax free.

(did it this morning)

Edited by Zolerox

40 minutes ago, claude said:

Trades dont have tariffs, and many people prefer to trade now since it's much easier and nobody gets a chunk of their money taken out of the game for every trade. I understand you're looking at it as a player who may be free to play, or just a player who doesn't buy JMBs, but most people who play APB have been playing for years and im sure they have accumulated enough money to buy what they've always wanted quite some time ago. What do they do now? Players who've had millions since 2013/2014/2015, they have nothing to spend their money on, they just wait for the next legendary to come out and spend the majority of their money on that. There's nothing in APB that a player could throw a huge chunk of their money away for, beyond vehicle purchases off contacts (average player would typically buy the pio/espacio, probably go for the 4x4s on the joker store) and then that's all. 

You realize those players also have pretty much every weapon permanent account bound? You need to decide what you're trying to get to. What is your point?

All you bring to the table is true but it doesn't change the impact of your suggested money sink in a good way. It just punishes the casual/new players that aren't filthy rich.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

You realize those players also have pretty much every weapon permanent account bound? You need to decide what you're trying to get to. What is your point?

All you bring to the table is true but it doesn't change the impact of your suggested money sink in a good way. It just punishes the casual/new players that aren't filthy rich.

OP has no idea it seems. Vets have all the money and weapons and no matter how many money sinks you put, they will still be rich. Vets and rich players are the minority. Majority of the players are newbs/casuals. They dont have a lot of money at all. I remember back in the day checking out streams of different people and 10k to 100k seemed to be the norm. So before you start claiming majority of the players have millions, do some research. 

8 hours ago, killerskull said:

OP has no idea it seems. Vets have all the money and weapons and no matter how many money sinks you put, they will still be rich. Vets and rich players are the minority. Majority of the players are newbs/casuals. They dont have a lot of money at all. I remember back in the day checking out streams of different people and 10k to 100k seemed to be the norm. So before you start claiming majority of the players have millions, do some research. 

Im a jericho player. everyone on Jericho (who still play) have been playing for 5+ years and they have everything unlocked. We have more things to unlock, but the cash accumulated over years of playing is practically useless. We need more cash sinks, allow players to spend $1m on a mod to unlock it account wide so that we dont have to buy a shit ton of the same mod over and over again. If I could spend $10m on perm 3ps3, IR3, CJ3, RS3, HS3, Tagger, MS, CA3, MP3 and Hard Landings, I would in a heartbeat. That $10m would be taken out of the game, and I would be granted ease of access to my weapon/character/vehicle mods. This is just an example of a desirable late-game money sink that wealthy players could throw their money away for, while players who are new can worry about the late-game content implemented years ago, that most veteran players gave already finished.

Merged.

8 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

But that's my point, casual players who are almost strictly F2P should be at a disadvantage for the permanent weapon unlocks through the Joker store, while premium players or players who purchased permanent weapons off armas should have a much easier time. It's a free to play game, and by showing new/poor players that they can skip the grind or make it easier by buying the weapons through armas or by buying premium to gain more cash, they'd buy the weapon off armas, or buy premium to gain money faster. 

The way its set up now, f2p players and premium players obtain JT at the same rate. Why does this matter? Premium is meant to give you an advantage while ranking up and making money, and the premium benefits do not help players with unlocking these weapons, but the benefits do help premium players when it comes to other joker store purchases, like the Firebomb, since you need to spend JT and a large amount of cash to unlock it. Why should permanent weapons be any different, when they're just as desireable? The money sink part of ths suggestion would just passively assist the economy, while increasing the difficulty of obtaining the permanent weapon, while also making the premium cash boost more beneficial to the player.

Cash is pretty much useless for the typical old player, we need more things to spend money on.

22 minutes ago, claude said:

But that's my point, casual players who are almost strictly F2P should be at a disadvantage for the permanent weapon unlocks through the Joker store, while premium players or players who purchased permanent weapons off armas should have a much easier time. It's a free to play game, and by showing new/poor players that they can skip the grind or make it easier by buying the weapons through armas or by buying premium to gain more cash, they'd buy the weapon off armas, or buy premium to gain money faster. 

The way its set up now, f2p players and premium players obtain JT at the same rate. Why does this matter? Premium is meant to give you an advantage while ranking up and making money, and the premium benefits do not help players with unlocking these weapons, but the benefits do help premium players when it comes to other joker store purchases, like the Firebomb, since you need to spend JT and a large amount of cash to unlock it. Why should permanent weapons be any different, when they're just as desireable? The money sink part of ths suggestion would just passively assist the economy, while increasing the difficulty of obtaining the permanent weapon, while also making the premium cash boost more beneficial to the player.

Cash is pretty much useless for the typical old player, we need more things to spend money on.

Okay, I see where you're coming from. I can understand it but still have to disagree. 

It's two very different things to talk about the absolute endgame money sink for the top% and then one that is the very first hurdle of new players (which we hope to attract in the future).

As the very first reply in this thread said. I think you underestimate the value of APB$ when starting out.

Yes, there needs to be some incentive to make Premium/Armas lucrative but it needs to be healthy.

However there could still be ways to balance the Joker Store more towards your means with the future expansions/changes on JTs that have been planned.

I could see that as a more approachable way without putting to much stress on the economy (of new players).

Edited by TheJellyGoo

52 minutes ago, claude said:

If I could spend $10m on perm 3ps3, IR3, CJ3, RS3, HS3, Tagger, MS, CA3, MP3 and Hard Landings, I would in a heartbeat.

you can not tax yourself into prosperity

the people who have common sense would walk away instead if they had to pay that much

most normal people cant imagine 10 mil in the game and some cant even imagine having 1 mil

there were posts how people cant make money to buy the temp weapons from contacts  so how would they pay 10 mil ?

Since I am a f2p player & have a character of 103 rating, I think I should throw my opinion in here as well. 

First of all, I have a tough time getting cash. I have to play a lot to get something as low as a 100k. I don't buy weapons with mod slots cod they will slow down my snail pace at grabbing money. I don't even have tier 3 character mods yet cos they cost 60k and I need to get a good vehicle which will cost around 320k for a

decent sports car. I share my bank with my friend to help me make ends meet. if JT guns get slapped 1 mil, I'd rather go buy a legendary than wasting my time on JT and then pay 1 mil on top of that.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

you can not tax yourself into prosperity

the people who have common sense would walk away instead if they had to pay that much

most normal people cant imagine 10 mil in the game and some cant even imagine having 1 mil

there were posts how people cant make money to buy the temp weapons from contacts  so how would they pay 10 mil ?

This suggestion was for veterans with a lot of money accumulated over the past few years. I don't expect new players to get $10m within a year easily or anything (although, trading in this game is really profitable, and you could get $10m if you played a lot.)

9 hours ago, claude said:

This suggestion was for veterans with a lot of money accumulated over the past few years. I don't expect new players to get $10m within a year easily or anything (although, trading in this game is really profitable, and you could get $10m if you played a lot.)

you cant have it for one without the other

it wouldnt be fair to all

29 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

you cant have it for one without the other

it wouldnt be fair to all

So you're saying content that is aimed towards older players with loads of playtime and money shouldn't be able to invest their almost worthless APB cash into a quality of life unlock with a ridiculously high price tag for the sake of being an efficient money sink, just because a new player can't afford it? It's not even gate keeping, it's just adding more content that costs a lot of money since a lot of players have nothing to spend it on. If every piece of content in the game had to be accessible to all players at any given time, then what would be the point in APBs progression in the first place?

Why add a gimmick that isn't fair to everyone?

not many could do that and it doesnt really serve any benefit that i see