Sign in to follow this  
Iosono

Death themes

After all these years why the F*ck do we still not have the ability to disable death themes.

i seriously doubt it’s because ‘change one thing break another’

?!!

And I’m not messing with config files so... 

why is this not a thing?

Edited by Iosono
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iosono said:

After all these years why the F*ck do we still not have the ability to disable death themes.

?!!

why is this not a thing?

Just delete the instruments folder. 

You don't have to edit anything. 

I've not heard a theme in forever. 

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Would love it if that were a viable solution, but I create and enjoy others songs so....

1 hour ago, Iosono said:

Would love it if that were a viable solution, but I create and enjoy others songs so....

This is my dilemma. I want to create custom songs to play through my vehicle but I don't want to hear death themes. I don't even use a death theme myself.

They've got bigger probs to be worried abt. You have the ignore button for now.

19 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

This is my dilemma. I want to create custom songs to play through my vehicle but I don't want to hear death themes. I don't even use a death theme myself.

While the match starts ignore all enemy players, play the match, once its done undo it. 

2 hours ago, Iosono said:

Ahh... With any luck this will be an option come 3.5

I know it's been asked about for years. 

I agree, this option should be in the game..quality of life change and no i don't want to delete folders like it's a standard thing to do.

Make APB better, don't force people to do weird stuff after the installation. They just want to enjoy their game

Edited by Lato

2 hours ago, Lato said:

I agree, this option should be in the game..quality of life change and no i don't want to delete folders like it's a standard thing to do.

Make APB better, don't force people to do weird stuff after the installation. They just want to enjoy their game

Make APB Great... ... ...  

1 hour ago, Iosono said:

Make APB Great... ... ...  

exactly

no one is allowed to mute pogo themes thats why the devs cant code in a mute function

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

no one is allowed to mute pogo themes thats why the devs cant code in a mute function

Finally, it's been a while since I've had a reason to post this masterpiece. 

hit tab, click name, check ignore...

phew almost broke a sweat

On 8/2/2019 at 10:03 AM, CookiePuss said:

19 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

/ignore or delete the files. Ez done.

10 hours ago, swindIe said:

hit tab, click name, check ignore...

phew almost broke a sweat

These "solutions" are bad and you should all feel bad because either the action is after the damage has already been done or it is a temporary fix because now with the game crashing more than ever it loves to redownload those missing files every time you're forced to rescan the folder and not to mention missing out on a whole lot of good themes thanks to some fuckwits.

Even with the reporting tools players still use this as a form of abuse so either the punishments for this abuse it really small or proving other players have bad themes is difficult (my bad for not being some fatcat who can provide video evidence) or maybe my false reporting days have rendered my reports so useless that they now go straight to the trash. 

Either way the use of ear-no themes is so bad it shouldn't be tolerated even in a single instance, I say in my rant that they're designed to cause the player damage in real life - no other form of abuse comes close to that, and yet players are still allowed to do it and continue to do it. 

On 8/2/2019 at 9:55 AM, Iosono said:

?!!

why is this not a thing?

On 8/2/2019 at 11:26 AM, SquirrelFace said:

I feel your pain and went over this issue in detail in a little rant of mine and feel like it needs repeating - a mute would be nice but a separate volume slider would be even nicer. 

10 hours ago, gordIsMyName said:

can the ignore list be extended to 10,000?

Exactly. 

My ignore list is solely dedicated to muting people with ear-no themes and it filled up a long time ago.

42 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

These "solutions" are bad and you should all feel bad because either the action is after the damage has already been done or it is a temporary fix because now with the game crashing more than ever it loves to redownload those missing files every time you're forced to rescan the folder and not to mention missing out on a whole lot of good themes thanks to some fuckwits.

Even with the reporting tools players still use this as a form of abuse so either the punishments for this abuse it really small or proving other players have bad themes is difficult (my bad for not being some fatcat who can provide video evidence) or maybe my false reporting days have rendered my reports so useless that they now go straight to the trash. 

Either way the use of ear-no themes is so bad it shouldn't be tolerated even in a single instance, I say in my rant that they're designed to cause the player damage in real life - no other form of abuse comes close to that, and yet players are still allowed to do it and continue to do it. 

I feel your pain and went over this issue in detail in a little rant of mine and feel like it needs repeating - a mute would be nice but a separate volume slider would be even nicer. 

Exactly. 

My ignore list is solely dedicated to muting people with ear-no themes and it filled up a long time ago.

Just launch the game trough the apbprogram LOOOOOOOOOOOL. Also there are no good themes in Apb its just hipster themes all over the place or russian ear no rock music.

24 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yet I don't feel bad.

mockup-2cd008ab-600x600.jpg

7 minutes ago, Gateron said:

Just launch the game trough the apbprogram LOOOOOOOOOOOL. Also there are no good themes in Apb its just hipster themes all over the place or russian ear no rock music.

I heard a good theme once and I won't stop complaining until I get to hear it again but at a volume of my choosing!

3 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Ugh, don't I know it. And not just the instruments folder, but entire configs get undone. 

Also, there is no such thing as a good theme. 

Don't @ me. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Ugh, don't I know it. And not just the instruments folder, but entire configs get undone. 

Also, there is no such thing as a good theme. 

Don't @ me. 

battlefront-415536.jpg

How about replacing the sound files with .txt? It works for Vivox.

Sign in to follow this