Who don't know, this is mode almost without matchmaking, no threat level balancing, only number of people on mission. As result you don't get or lose your threat level. I know too much people worried about this, but i think, Open Conflict this is fun as is. I really want see this again. What you thinking?

• Like 5

Terrible mode that has no business ever returning.

22 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Terrible mode that has no business ever returning.

Sounds constructively.

Even if LO would add Open Conflict again (which they almost certainly won't in the foreseeable future), it will suffer from the same problem it did for literally years before LO removed it: Nobody plays on those districts. Open conflict is an awful mess, the only people who actually enjoyed it are the ones who liked preying on the unfortunate bronzes who stumbled into the district, no knowing what it really is.

• Like 2

I liked OC. Not knowing who I am playing againts, or who I am with was quite fun. But its not worth of implementing it back. We will get a new threat system where you wont see anybodys threat so would be a quite compromise.

And I liked open PVP test district too.

If only they worked on it a little bit more. I wish there was a 2-3 times/day event where all enfos went vs all crims doing one objective. I remember playing in my clan where we invited 30 peeps in the group and we got 30 opp for 11 stages mission. Was so epic! We lost but it was worth the experiece!

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I wish there was a 2-3 times/day event where all enfos went vs all crims doing one objective.

Dang that sounds actually fun, but I cant agree with "Not knowing who I am playing againts, or who I am with was quite fun" because like everyone is gold nowadays and I always matched up against any other tryhards on OC

4 hours ago, DanteDHunter said:

Who don't know, this is mode almost without matchmaking

Not almost, completely.

Missions in OC were set up completely without balance.

So Gold 10 vs Bronze 1 could happen.

There were reasons no one played OC, in my opinion one was the fact that the only thing worse than poor matchmaking was no matchmaking.

1 hour ago, asence said:

everyone is gold nowadays

The largest threat group is silver.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

[...]

The largest threat group is silver.

Got a source on that? Not saying it's wrong it's probably right but I'm interested in the actual numbers.

Its an ever inflating system and wouldn't be to surprised if gold is taking over (and no it's not a static percentage).

8 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Got a source on that? Not saying it's wrong it's probably right but I'm interested in the actual numbers.

Its an ever inflating system and wouldn't be to surprised if gold is taking over (and no it's not a static percentage).

Let me ask and see if LO will publish the numbers.

Im not sure if there is a trend towards a higher percentage of players becoming gold... as someone has to threat down for another person to threat up.

In the meantime here is a visual representation of threat distribution in APB.

yFIi3VG.jpg

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Im not sure if there is a trend towards a higher percentage of players becoming gold... as someone has to threat down for another person to threat up.

I actually only see golds and havent played against silvers for months except FC. I'd also be interested in official numbers but I dont think that'll look like your sinus-wave. Maybe a few silvers more than golds, but tbh for me it feels like only the veterans are still playing the game. Every mission of mine is full tryhard and not a single one is a little chill.

i liked oc bc you didn't have to tryhard

seeing any kind of mmr (even threat) makes me much more competitive

but it was empty as hell bc it had its flaws e.g. certain people just went there for easier opp...

Edited by neophobia

23 minutes ago, asence said:

I actually only see golds and havent played against silvers for months except FC. I'd also be interested in official numbers but I dont think that'll look like your sinus-wave. Maybe a few silvers more than golds, but tbh for me it feels like only the veterans are still playing the game. Every mission of mine is full tryhard and not a single one is a little chill.

Anecdotally speaking I can only comment on Jericho where even silver districts are silver heavy, bronze districts even more so.

Also, its a bell curve.

26 minutes ago, asence said:

sinus wave? how would that ever work (and even if you just took the [0;Pi/2] interval it would be an odd "distribution" to go for

did you mean normal/gauss distribution?

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Anecdotally speaking I can only comment on Jericho where even silver districts are silver heavy, bronze districts even more so.

Also, its a bell curve.

Alright, I've never played there but it feels kinda different on Citadel imo. 

1 minute ago, neophobia said:

sinus wave? how would that ever work (and even if you just took the [0;Pi/2] interval it would be an odd "distribution" to go for

did you mean normal/gauss distribution?

- dont wanna discuss what type of wave that is, for me it looks like a half sinus but this isnt correct. You're right, but I dont care, cheers

1 minute ago, asence said:

Alright, I've never played there but it feels kinda different on Citadel imo.

Fair enough. Poor routing gives me 250ms on Citadel so I haven't played there much recently.

On Jericho the debate over "why don't gold play in gold districts?" is answered by "there aren't enough golds to fill a district".

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

yFIi3VG.jpg

Yeah, no. This is not a visual representation... like that's some totally useless player made up perfect world imaginary.

Almost feeling insulted to be put off with that thing.

Also what needs to be discussed is the active part of the registered accounts where it is more than likely that the gold division is ever growing.

The "weapon testing districts" i'm guessing will have "no threat" so there's that coming up.

Bring back disabled out of bounds in open conflict. I miss jumping onto roofs.

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

as someone has to threat down for another person to threat up.

threat isnt dynamic like that and its easier to upthreat than dethreat, which means its entirely possible that a majority of the population is gold

On 8/1/2019 at 12:04 AM, DanteDHunter said:

Who don't know, this is mode almost without matchmaking, no threat level balancing, only number of people on mission. As result you don't get or lose your threat level. I know too much people worried about this, but i think, Open Conflict this is fun as is. I really want see this again. What you thinking?

some of us enjoyed it some of us didnt

but the "chaos" district to where everyone was red  24/7 was totally fun

7 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Bring back disabled out of bounds in open conflict. I miss jumping onto roofs.

i miss driving onto roofs

22 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I liked OC

Damn I really hate it, to hate you not xD

...but ye I also really miss the good old open conflict times. It was like a little community where everyone knew and hate each other 

which was really fun tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, let's spin up some districts that will go almost completely unused.

Better apply OC everywhere than use this dethreat/griefing festival.

MM now is sick cause player's threat is easy exploitable.