Xantia

LO broke guns only

i'm bored of this topic already, learn how to use a different gun and move on.

HVR is still broken as the main issue with it was always the damage output and the range to it compared to every other weapon, not quickswitching. The current "solution" to quickswitching is terrible, counter-intuitive and does not fall in line with the rest of the weapons as it's extremely unrealistic, beyond APB's boundries of unrealistic as it's still supposed to be an urban shooter and not a sci-fi shooter with wind up sniper rifle mechanics. It's absolutely stupid.

In fact, there are still plenty of players (at least on Citadel's silver districts) who still do quickswitch with the current version of the HVR but they simply hide behind corners and aim down the sights to get a full hit on target and it can still be viable if played correctly. It's slower, sure, but it's not "fixed".

They could instead just increase the stock equip time so that once you equip 3PS3 it would turn it to what the current stock is (or maybe just a liiitle tiny bit faster) and also lower the damage to ~750 and voila, quickswitching is no longer an issue as it's not so "quick" anymore and not nearly as dependable. HVR is back to being intuitive to new players as it doesn't have this rarted accuracy wind up stupid crap mechanic and it makes it so that you need to know how to position yourself and when to pull it out if you play it as a long range sniper from actual long range. It balances out the incredible range and damage output it has if played as a proper long range sniper as you are not 1-shot away from death from virtually any weapon in the game. Jump shooting with it will not be nearly as viable anymore due to the longer equip time as you'll likely be dead by the time you equip it and fire it (not counting the RNG to jump shots with that massive crosshair).

Edit: You can still jump shoot with Scout at a decent enough range and it's more viable than you'd think.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Flaws said:

HVR is still broken as the main issue with it was always the damage output and the range to it compared to every other weapon, not quickswitching. The current "solution" to quickswitching is terrible, counter-intuitive and does not fall in line with the rest of the weapons as it's extremely unrealistic, beyond APB's boundries of unrealistic as it's still supposed to be an urban shooter and not a sci-fi shooter with wind up sniper rifle mechanics. It's absolutely stupid.

In fact, there are still plenty of players (at least on Citadel's silver districts) who still do quickswitch with the current version of the HVR but they simply hide behind corners and aim down the sights to get a full hit on target and it can still be viable if played correctly. It's slower, sure, but it's not "fixed".

They could instead just increase the stock equip time so that once you equip 3PS3 it would turn it to what the current stock is (or maybe just a liiitle tiny bit faster) and also lower the damage to ~750 and voila, quickswitching is no longer an issue as it's not so "quick" anymore and not nearly as dependable. HVR is back to being intuitive to new players as it doesn't have this rarted accuracy wind up stupid crap mechanic and it makes it so that you need to know how to position yourself and when to pull it out if you play it as a long range sniper from actual long range. It balances out the incredible range and damage output it has if played as a proper long range sniper as you are not 1-shot away from death from virtually any weapon in the game. Jump shooting with it will not be nearly as viable anymore due to the longer equip time as you'll likely be dead by the time you equip it and fire it (not counting the RNG to jump shots with that massive crosshair).

Edit: You can still jump shoot with Scout at a decent enough range and it's more viable than you'd think.

Most likely this.
I am not sure about the higher equip time since I think the damage nerf will be already enough.
But ye .. lets hope for the next weapon balance patch.

Edited by Sentaii

On 7/31/2019 at 6:25 PM, Xantia said:

But with scout is Jump shots still able? 

I highkey miss this feature, it made the scout like 10x as fun as it is right now. And i didn't really mind playing against it personally. But maybe I'm in the minority. (I just like fun features, ok?)

25 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

I highkey miss this feature, it made the scout like 10x as fun as it is right now. And i didn't really mind playing against it personally. But maybe I'm in the minority. (I just like fun features, ok?)

i agree with you, jumpshooting made for a very unique and fun playstyle 

at the time it might have been a bit unbalanced but nowadays with the sprintshooting "fix", bolt timers, and a slightly more competitive sniper category i think it would be pretty balanced

• Like 1