Xantia

LO broke guns only

You guys Broke snipers only because some people cry about? But with scout is Jump shots still able? what LO rlly try? some people cry about and is even not sure if this people play this game or not? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Xantia said:

You guys Broke snipers only because some people cry about? But with scout is Jump shots still able? what LO rlly try? some people cry about and is even not sure if this people play this game or not? 

Do you have a time machine? Because in this timeline you can't jump scout anymore. aside from that quick switching was cancer and it's good that it's gone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Do you have a time machine? Because in this timeline you can't jump scout anymore. aside from that quick switching was cancer and it's good that it's gone.

Of course you can. It's just a 20 meter thing now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, GhosT said:

Of course you can. It's just a 20 meter thing now.

I mean if you're jump shooting at 20m you aren't likely to survive so I don't really see that as an issue :v

1 minute ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

I mean if you're jump shooting at 20m you aren't likely to survive so I don't really see that as an issue :v

Depends, it can save your patootie if you got a wall between you and the enemy.

• Thanks 1

Thank the insane SPCT Member(s) who said "damage isnt the problem" and came up with random stupid fancy ideas how to fix the HVR.
And here we are now.
HVR is more or less useless for good players and does still stupid amount of damage for bronze players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xantia said:

When did Little Orbit touch snipers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sentaii said:

Thank the insane SPCT Member(s) who said "damage isnt the problem" and came up with random stupid fancy ideas how to fix the HVR.

Whoa whoa whoa, dont blame us for that one. 

Edited by CookiePuss

5 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

When did Little Orbit touch snipers?

They made it so the HVR only does 250 damage if your crosshairs are not completely closed.

I still don't understand why they haven't just implemented a reverse damage drop-off for the HVR. It would fall in-line with how the rest of the weapons are balanced in regards to range, and we already know it's possible considering the DMR was given a two-shot range.

7 hours ago, Sentaii said:

And here we are now.
HVR is more or less useless for good players and does still stupid amount of damage for bronze players.

the current version of spct wasn't even formed back then iirc lmao

are we? i don't feel like it is this situation at all. way less threads filled with complaints in opposition to before.

1 hour ago, crusade said:

They made it so the HVR only does 250 damage if your crosshairs are not completely closed.

I still don't understand why they haven't just implemented a reverse damage drop-off for the HVR. It would fall in-line with how the rest of the weapons are balanced in regards to range, and we already know it's possible considering the DMR was given a two-shot range.

because we already have the dmr (which is not getting utilized much so obviously it's the wrong way - unless you'd agree that snipers should indeed be niche weapons - which i'd totally agree with but then we'd get even more threads like this with a guy complaining his crutch is not viable everywhere anymore)

8 hours ago, Xantia said:

nothing is broken, you just can't use it in broken ways anymore. very skilled qs'ing and nhvr cqc (with percs lmao) needed a nerf and they got it.

might as well nerf the damage additionally

Edited by neophobia

50 minutes ago, neophobia said:

because we already have the dmr (which is not getting utilized much so obviously it's the wrong way - unless you'd agree that snipers should indeed be niche weapons - which i'd totally agree with but then we'd get even more threads like this with a guy complaining his crutch is not viable everywhere anymore)

The problem with the DMR is that range at which you can two-shot is way too small to be worthwhile to run the weapon. Also, the two-shot range is more of a "power boost" seeing as how three-shotting with the weapon is it's standard STK.

What I would suggest for the HVR would be something a bit different. Remove the damage reduction while the crosshairs are expanded, and make the baseline damage 250. Have the drop-off start at say 40 meters with a minimum damage value of 300%. Have it hit "minimum" damage (750) at about 60 meters.

i miss the old HVR..... Tbh I feel if are good enough to land shots and use a sniper cqc why  bottle neck players who use it cqc, for players that cry and can't adapt or just out shot you up close

Edited by February
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crusade said:

The problem with the DMR is that range at which you can two-shot is way too small to be worthwhile to run the weapon. Also, the two-shot range is more of a "power boost" seeing as how three-shotting with the weapon is it's standard STK.

What I would suggest for the HVR would be something a bit different. Remove the damage reduction while the crosshairs are expanded, and make the baseline damage 250. Have the drop-off start at say 40 meters with a minimum damage value of 300%. Have it hit "minimum" damage (750) at about 60 meters.

you could've just said maximum there xd

so min dmg 250,

max dmg 750 starting at (min) 60m

i guess that would've been fine but i'm also fine with the current way

dmr is pretty garbage in comparison unless you go for LTL (or have the AV variant) - even after the nhvr fix

54 minutes ago, February said:

i miss the old HVR..... Tbh I feel if are good enough to land shots and use a sniper cqc why be bottle necked for players that cry and can't adapt or just out shot you up close

what's a bottleneck here? that word doesn't seem too sensical in this context.

also, hitting shots up close doesn't require (much) skill, no matter what you believe.

but even then this would've been fine - if you'd have two hit two shots with the nhvr up close - the issue that was mainly being addressed is qs'ing and nhvr + perc in cqc.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, crusade said:

so assuming you are correct ( I have no idea if they did or not)

then because you cant get full damage by shooting without aiming , is what people are complaining about?

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

so assuming you are correct ( I have no idea if they did or not)

then because you cant get full damage by shooting without aiming , is what people are complaining about?

You can be in marksman mode, but you have to remain still now when you take your shot. If you strafe while in marksman, your crosshair will expand a bit and it won't register full damage. It makes the weapon clunky to use even at sniper ranges. Especially considering you can't tell which amount of damage you did if you took the shot right as the crosshair finishes closing. But yeah, I suppose it has people upset. Rightfully so honestly. It's not very intuitive, and full CQC damage is still possible anyway.

I would have to disagree with rightfully so ,  because snipers were never meant to be hand guns and that did happen in the past.

having to plan out skillfully with a sniper seems the better choice to me

Dont try to find any sense in their weapon balancing, because theres none. All they did was plain bad, they are turning this game boring.

I will say, 2 shotting a kev3 at range and not getting a kill is quite frustrating. Might as well just use a scout at that point. 

On 8/1/2019 at 7:04 AM, neophobia said:

you could've just said maximum there xd

so min dmg 250,

max dmg 750 starting at (min) 60m

i guess that would've been fine but i'm also fine with the current way

dmr is pretty garbage in comparison unless you go for LTL (or have the AV variant) - even after the nhvr fix

what's a bottleneck here? that word doesn't seem too sensical in this context.

also, hitting shots up close doesn't require (much) skill, no matter what you believe.

but even then this would've been fine - if you'd have two hit two shots with the nhvr up close - the issue that was mainly being addressed is qs'ing and nhvr + perc in cqc.

Nerfing the hvr when it's something some players love to do and are good at, for people who cry and can't adapt 

I kinda wish we had damage markers when using the HVR, cuz I often have no clue how much damage I'm actually doing. 

Also, taking 3 shots to down a kev3 wearer at range is just silly. 

1 thing i know..people cry about almost all weapons dat need to be nerfd.In the same time everybody and i mean EVERYBODY throu nades like crazy tryn to get easy kills but hey dats not noob thing to do.Fkn hypocrites man..go ahead destroy all weapons u not gonna see a cent from me anyway

Should've been a range based damage instead... also, I think scouts without jump shooting are a downgrade from nhvr

3 hours ago, N66 said:

Should've been a range based damage instead

Yeah something like a more drastic version of the DMR-AV damage ramp.