Paladon

Joker Ticket Store Weapon Price, Permanence, and Name Changes

Will you do something about the way to earn joker tickets? I have been trying to farm them for the past month.

Around 2 hours of gameplay on Baylan i can get the 400 joker tickets, but from Asylum it takes multiple hours.
Also earning them in districts as Financial and Waterfront is almost meaningless, i complete the 5 activities i can do a day and i get about 40-50 jokertickets from that.

So after spending hours in fightclub and completing those in Financial and Waterfront over time, i can get about 1000 joker tickets a week. Which means i'd have to spend 10 weeks to get a 3 slotted weapon and that's with hours of playing in fightclub.

I'm just thinking, what if people don't want to play fightclub? Shouldn't there be an easier way to earn them in Financial and Waterfront?

I would like to see normal variants of legendary weapons offered in Joker Store or in general, like NCR-762, Colby Classic, OCSP, VBR, Obeya CAP40.

Also guns that got retired could come back via Joker Store.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Kingdom said:

Shouldn't there be an easier way to earn them in Financial and Waterfront?

As has been said before by myself and others, all they really need to do is add JT to the end-of-mission rewards alongside cash and standing.

If every completed mission gave 25 JT, it would take 400 missions to obtain 10,000 JT (which is the highest priced item in the Joker Store last I checked). This would be approximately a month of consistently playing 6 hours per day at 20 minutes per mission. The average player obviously isn't going to play that much (nor that consistently), so this would naturally extend to 2-3 months. Daily activities would reduce this timeframe by some amount, but I'm far too lazy to go that in-depth with the math on this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

As has been said before by myself and others, all they really need to do is add JT to the end-of-mission rewards alongside cash and standing.

Not a bad idea. 

Maybe add bonus jt for certain medals earned. 

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

If every completed mission gave 25 JT, it would take 400 missions to obtain 10,000 JT (which is the highest priced item in the Joker Store last I checked). This would be approximately a month of consistently playing 6 hours per day at 20 minutes per mission. The average player obviously isn't going to play that much (nor that consistently), so this would naturally extend to 2-3 months. Daily activities would reduce this timeframe by some amount, but I'm far too lazy to go that in-depth with the math on this.

Sound like a really good idea, hope they will implement something like that.

Just make JT currency and money account wide, then i could finally see a reason to use my 4 non-bought character slots to grind JT separately.

Edited by xHenryman90x

35 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Just make JT currency and money account wide, then i could finally see a reason to use my 4 non-bought character slots to grind JT separately.

That would be hella nice, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

That would be hella nice, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

What would be the issue in your opinion?

If they're planning to increase JT rewards anyway, it would be a good idea to implement this, you can pay for character slots to earn more tickets. There's no real replay value in this game, unless for example you just create different looking characters or make weapon role-specific characters.

32 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Currency devaluation.

This is paying off right now and will pay off in the future, when this game will have everything fixed and have a personality

I agree with that the new naming for open slots and occupied slots for weapons in the joker store is rather confusing as it is right now. 

I'd prefer weapons with occupied slots to have a nickname, like the premodded weapons you can get from contacts.

The JT(x) being affixed to a weapon with open slots is fine.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Currency devaluation.

APB is one of the few games tagged as MMO where you can't store any kind of currency or items in some sort of account central storage.

I would still prefer currency to be stored account wide. It's not like the game would enter an economic crisis if APB$ drop in value. 

Edited by Haganu
it's not like i have much apb$ to store anyways

7 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Currency devaluation.

It's actually not even currency devaluation that would be the reason they don't do this. Honestly, I don't think it would really affect the market to any significant degree anyways since it isn't introducing new currency to the game (and the increase to JT growth doesn't matter since JT stuff isn't tradeable).

The more likely reason is simply that it would require a ton of dev time for only minor quality of life gains.

2 hours ago, Haganu said:

IIt's not like the game would enter an economic crisis if APB$ drop in value. 

Not APB$, that's already largely worthless to vets, but rather Joker Tickets. Make them too easy to farm (or in this case, too quick to farm) and you create a situation where there would be little reason to purchase weapons from ARMAS rather than the Joker store. 

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

The more likely reason is simply that it would require a ton of dev time for only minor quality of life gains.

Yeah that too. 

Good point.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Make them too easy to farm (or in this case, too quick to farm) and you create a situation where there would be little reason to purchase weapons from ARMAS rather than the Joker store.

How is that bad thing for the players? Why would anyone purchase any specific item from ARMAS if they've decided to grind tickets instead?

There's plenty of weapons on ARMAS, they shouldn't add every 3 slotted weapon of course, only 1 or 2 slotted ones.

Edited by xHenryman90x

33 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

How is that bad thing for the players? Why would anyone purchase any specific item from ARMAS if they've decided to grind tickets instead?

There's plenty of weapons on ARMAS, they shouldn't add every 3 slotted weapon of course, only 1 or 2 slotted ones.

As is, there is a limit to the number of JT you can earn per week, per character.

If you make JT account bound, you are only limited in the number of JT you can farm per week by the total number of characters on your account. 

It's bad for the players because the game cannot survive without players making ARMAS purchases. 

Not to say JT shouldn't be easier to farm. Just that a balance must be struck. 

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Not APB$, that's already largely worthless to vets, but rather Joker Tickets. Make them too easy to farm (or in this case, too quick to farm) and you create a situation where there would be little reason to purchase weapons from ARMAS rather than the Joker store. 

There are plenty of ways to design around that. In most MMO's I've played basically every form of ingame currency is stored account wide,.

IMO ARMAS shouldn't be used for weapons in first place, but rather a place for cosmetics.

Let's be real here, the whole game deserves a good redesign, that includes ARMAS. The current way the game and business model is setup is pretty outdated and very vulnerable to being exploited, and if 'too easy to farm' is a substantial factor to not implement account wide currency storage, then there's something fundamentally wrong with game/business model.

I sure hope they completely redesign APB's spiritual successor in 20 years in UE4 (and please don't release it under the APB name).

Edited by Haganu

3 hours ago, Haganu said:

Let's be real here, the whole game deserves a good redesign, that includes ARMAS.

I agree, and more importantly, so does Little Orbit.

I wouldn't claim to know the correct path, but I am excited to see where LO takes things.

It's now harder to "try a gun" what with armas free trials never getting refreshed (once every 3 months "was" how it worked under g1)

5000 tickets To find out the "insert anything that isn't an ntec" wasn't good enough And you're stuck with it?

On 8/7/2019 at 9:18 PM, M4N!4C said:

I would like to see normal variants of legendary weapons offered in Joker Store or in general, like NCR-762, Colby Classic, OCSP, VBR, Obeya CAP40.

Also guns that got retired could come back via Joker Store.

IMO that would completely destroy legendaries

so obviously this means we can now buy that permanent 3 slot explosives weapon (role still required obviously) with JT to avoid the constant 35k re-upping fee?

cause if not, then you are literally the worst developers ever.

I like the ISSR-A JT3 (3 Slot Assault Rifle)!

Do you planing a 3 open Slot Pistole, like the ISSR-A ?