Paladon

Joker Ticket Store Weapon Price, Permanence, and Name Changes

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Since those 20m extra are largely useless, I think it'd be fine to drop them if the silencer becomes a purple mod with the same effect. 

No reason for SMG Silencer to be purple since people only use CJ on SMGs for the most part.  It's a fair trade.

Just now, SkittyM said:

No reason for SMG Silencer to be purple since people only use CJ on SMGs for the most part.  It's a fair trade.

What's a fair trade?

What's a fair trade?

Reduced recoil, for one thing.

6 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Reduced recoil, for one thing.

Reduced recoil for reduced ttk. 

Do we keep the pmg crouch modifier?

TTK is not reduce with the SMG silencer.

1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

he's saying the whisper gets reduced recoil in exchange for the reduced ttk that using cj3 allows

edit: i think

Edited by Glaciers
edit

Sorry it's not letting me edit. 

Increase not decrease. 

35 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yes, that is what is known as a sidegrade. It is the ideal balance state when comparing two items that fill the same role, in this case two red mods.

35 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

That... has nothing to do with this discussion. Also yes, we should keep that. It gives the PMG some extra flavor in line with its niche (slower, but longer range than OCA).

Edited by Hexerin

This is actually crazy. I can't believe you guys are pushing efforts to get money AWAY.

Merged.

Wait we can buy a 3 slot osmaw, what have you guys done??

On 8/1/2019 at 10:23 PM, SkittyM said:

If you read that sentence slower, there's a preset mod ALONG WITH the silencer.  so basically something like Mag Pull 3, Integrated Rifle Suppressor, and an open slot.  So it would include SD and PR because it has both.  So STAR 556 SD R&D I PR1 would be correct, but a mouthful.  The order of the tags can be whatever but the point is to reflect how the gun is setup.

Technically that would be a R&D II then, because it has two mod-slots.

9 hours ago, SkittyM said:

God damn they really should revert the PDW 57 back to being an ACES Rifle, or an ACES.  Way more fitting.

They really should. Turning it into an OCA was a nonsense move.

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Yes, that is what is known as a sidegrade. It is the ideal balance state when comparing two items that fill the same role, in this case two red mods.

That... has nothing to do with this discussion. Also yes, we should keep that. It gives the PMG some extra flavor in line with its niche (slower, but longer range than OCA).

Keep the silencer, disallow cj, keep the crouch modifier, and keep reduced hard damage?

Not the end of the world, but I'd still prefer a purple silencer. 

This is a tight slap to anybody who thinks apb is pay to win. If this is not free to win then i have no idea what is.

this will make the project even more unprofitable, you can’t invest in it forever. you kill the game. stop it, remove the weapon

41 minutes ago, darok70 said:

This is a tight slap to anybody who thinks apb is pay to win. If this is not free to win then i have no idea what is.

APB will always be p2w for new players. 

Starting with only the STAR vs starting with a locker full of armas guns. 

Starting with any vehicle you want vs starting with the shitty starter car. 

Hitting r40 and being able to buy a locker full of premodded guns vs grinding for lease unlocks and trying to afford more than 1 or 2 leases at a time. 

These new players are the ones most vocal about p2w, and it's also a contributing factor in APB's poor new player retention. 

Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Keep the silencer, disallow cj, keep the crouch modifier, and keep reduced hard damage?

Not the end of the world, but I'd still prefer a purple silencer. 

why would you make the smg silencer purple?

that effectively just gives a passive buff to the whisper

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

why would you make the smg silencer purple?

that effectively just gives a passive buff to the whisper

Only because without it you have two downsides, no CJ and reduced hard damage in exchange for less recoil on a gun with little recoil to begin with 

5 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

With the current system.  I never quite understood how something was a 3 slot weapon despite 1 slot already being taken.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Only because without it you have two downsides, no CJ and reduced hard damage in exchange for less recoil on a gun with little recoil to begin with 

Nobody really counts the reduced hard damage as a factor for silencer, especially since SMGs do pea shooter levels of hard damage to begin with.

28 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Nobody really counts the reduced hard damage as a factor for silencer, especially since SMGs do pea shooter levels of hard damage to begin with.

That's a fair point, not that I've never fired on a vehicle with an SMG, but obviously I've never expected to disable it alone. 

Damnit... We SHOULD nerf the Whisper shouldn't we?

@Nitronik is going to love this. 😛

On 8/3/2019 at 3:29 PM, Fortune Runner said:

good point.

what is the current amount of JT available in a day and how to get them?

I believe it's 800 JTs a week from fight club and 400 JTs a week from contact activities

I got curious about how long it would take to buy something permanent from the joker store so I did some quick maths;

-A primary with two open slots costs 8k JTs (I chose 2 slots because I hear that's what most weapons in the joker store have)

-If you were to do both fightclubs only to gold tier every week, it would take you 10 weeks (or 2 months, 1 weeks and a bit) to be able to buy a 2 slot primary

-So potential you can buy 5 primaries with 2 open slots every year

-Alternatively, a secondary with no slots costs 3k JTs

-Some quick maths and it will take you 4 weeks, or a month, to buy a secondary (so potentially 13 secondaries in a year)

This is all hypothetical so don't take these as the average times someone would be able to buy something from the joker store

8 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Not in the new system, where each slot is individually labeled. That theoretical weapon with a silencer, premod, and open slot would be SD PR1 JT1 (replace JT1 with manufacturer label if not from the Joker Store, of course). Silencers are their own thing, which is why that weapon wouldn't just be PR2 JT1.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That's a fair point, not that I've never fired on a vehicle with an SMG, but obviously I've never expected to disable it alone. 

Damnit... We SHOULD nerf the Whisper shouldn't we?

@Nitronik is going to love this. 😛

oh god oh f-

Matt, because of this addition to the game I logged in yesterday and today and spent a few hours. Its been many years since Ive actually played for more than a few minutes per session. I bought the 10k rocket launcher and enjoyed so much. I still have 20k jt floating around. Thanks for making this, its been the best addition to the game yet.

I still have my g1c or whatever theyre called rotting for the past many years. Im just waiting for you guys to add a proper weapon thats not a reskin and that doesnt suck. Ive said it before, if u add the ccg Ill buy it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killerskull said:

Ive said it before, if u add the ccg Ill buy it. 

Same here, but for me it's the entire less than lethal armory. However, I have the stipulation that they have to be open slot, along with the ingame adjustments needed to make that fair to sell on ARMAS. In other words, stripping the preset LTL weapons out of the role progression and putting them into contacts, then adding open slot LTL weapons to the role progression. Mirror every other weapon-based progression in the game, instead of being this really fucked and arbitrary wonky-ness.

On 8/4/2019 at 5:47 PM, SkittyM said:

With the current system.  I never quite understood how something was a 3 slot weapon despite 1 slot already being taken.

Doesn't really matter how many slots are taken, the weapons were only (supposed to be) labeled for how many upgrades they could carry in total.

If the new system labels slots individually, as @Hexerin says, names would get more confusing.

Is a STAR R&D III better than a STAR SD R&D II? And where does a STAR JT2 PR1 stand, in comparison?

Is a STAR R&D II PR1 the same as a STAR JT2 PR1?

17 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

Doesn't really matter how many slots are taken, the weapons were only (supposed to be) labeled for how many upgrades they could carry in total.

If the new system labels slots individually, as @Hexerin says, names would get more confusing.

Is a STAR R&D III better than a STAR SD R&D II? And where does a STAR JT2 PR1 stand, in comparison?

Is a STAR R&D II PR1 the same as a STAR JT2 PR1?

I suppose but the thing about the system is that JT# would be going away.  So a JT STAR would still use R&D#.  So you only have either a R&DIII or an R&DII PR1.  Could probably just make the Joker Store weapons use a unique Joker Red color like the gold/purple armas or retail weapons use.