Paladon

Joker Ticket Store Weapon Price, Permanence, and Name Changes

3 hours ago, Tigrix said:

I'll copy my post here:

I think they've made a step in the right direction.

Profitability should not come from weaponry imo, but from clothing packs, services, premium, decals and other non-weaponry related merchandise/services.
Because even if veterans understand that most armas weapons are just duplicates of existing f2p guns, the general public and a new player or anyone looking into APB, won't understand that fact and will just see a game that sells P2W weaponry on it's website for $$.

I'd much rather that guns in general was all earned in-game. It gives incentives to play and it gives the game a better outlook.

No-one can be apphauled that they're selling clothes/design packs etc etc for $$, that's what every F2P game does (and should do in fairness).

Besides, I think in the long run, LO is planning to focus on premium, rather than filling armas with new content every few months to "earn".
I think they wanna find ways to make premium more useful and one way could definitely be the ability to earn more JT's and therefore access more guns sooner, than non-prem accounts. Indirectly, it's same as putting guns on armas for $$, but it's an organic way of doing it, that won't make the game look bad or give the taste of P2W for new players checking APB out.

Why can't we just have both please? I like buying guns off of ARMAS for a lot of reasons.

Also, as an aside, I really don't think locking aesthetics behind a paywall is any better than locking gameplay items, given that the gameplay items are not necessary to play the game well. I know not many people agree with me on this, but still, I hold this opinion rather strongly, and find APB's paymodel to be one of the better ones out there.

(Also, can the "most guns are just duplicates" thing die? That's not actually true I don't believe; there are a LOT of guns that were only on ARMAS. They aren't better than F2P guns, but they aren't duplicates either.)

2 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We are going to be soliciting feedback from players to rework the overall naming conventions across ARMAS, the Joker Store, and regular guns.

But why?

Edited by Kewlin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Why can't we just have both please? I like buying guns off of ARMAS for a lot of reasons.

Also, as an aside, I really don't think locking aesthetics behind a paywall is any better than locking gameplay items, given that the gameplay items are not necessary to play the game well. I know not many people agree with me on this, but still, I hold this opinion rather strongly, and find APB's paymodel to be one of the better ones out there.

(Also, can the "most guns are just duplicates" thing die? That's not actually true I don't believe; there are a LOT of guns that were only on ARMAS. They aren't better than F2P guns, but they aren't duplicates either.)

But why?

Why care about the name of the guns? lol 

It is fine the way they changed no big deal at all

They should focus on getting new ways of getting JT, especially reworking RIOT if that's the case...

Edited by Algoz

2 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

i respectfully disagree with this.

Although i  agree that the naming scheme is a bit of a mouthful to some weapons

Moving forward, even tho it loses some personality, it definitely makes it easier for everyone to understand.

Now honestly, about those colored weapon icons....

• Thanks 1

i was expecting a possible name wipe so we could get unmerged character names :^(

23 minutes ago, Algoz said:

Why care about the name of the guns? lol 

It is fine the way they changed no big deal at all

Huh? I mean, I get why you think it's no big deal, but if you think it's no big deal then you really don't have an opinion on the matter, so it's irrelevant.

I personally just like naming mostly the way it is, except the couple places G1 fucked up, and I've never heard anyone really complain about the way things are named, so at best it's a waste of LO's time.

21 hours ago, MattScott said:

We are going to be soliciting feedback from players to rework the overall naming conventions across ARMAS, the Joker Store, and regular guns.

I understand the JT - PR thing but it simply convolutes everything with how it is.
Misc labels:
PR = PReset, Basically everything but unique mods like Legendary weapons and Silencers.

JT = This is just to denote the weapon is from the Joker store and how many slots.  Personally i think the JT tag should have the number removed and tacked onto items sold via the JT store to denote its a JT item.

SD = This denotes the weapon has a preset silencer mod.  The Exception to this is the DMR SD for balancing reasons.

Slot counts:

R&D I-III = Somatic and Agrotech slot naming convention.

Nol/Adeen/ Dvah = Nekrova slot naming convention.

NFCP 1-3 = Obeya slot naming convention.

Mk 1-3 = Colby slot naming convention.

940/1040/1140 = Is Joker Gun Works slot naming convention.  It changes per gun but the idea is either an addition number that scales with slots (Carbine SR 115-415) or the first number scaling up with slot counts.

The slot count naming conventions should appear on any weapon with an open slot(s).  So for example a STAR 556 with a preset mod, a silencer, and an open mod slot should read as STAR 556 SD R&D I PR1 or similar.   In my opinion weapon names are a part of lore and not having a weapon names be consistent with each other just makes things look strange as well as adding confusion.

Would also be nice if all weapons had proper names, like N-HCSMG 9 'Norsemen' Adeen or N-HC 9 Adeen 'Hoenir',  Colby RSG 10 'Showstopper'.  Stuff like that.

I get its not as important as stuff like the Engine upgrade but it would definitely spice up how things look.

Edited by SkittyM
TYPOS!!!!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

~snip~

Agreed on all accounts TBH.

And apparently they think it's important if they want to change all of the names. . . so. . .

Edited by Kewlin

Nice big FU to those of us who have supported the game since day 1 basically having spent actual 

money to get guns like Last Stand etc. only for the exclusivity of them all tossed out the window for what?

How about offering out the RAF rewards to those of us who got shafted the first time around if this is going

to be a "thing" to keep ppl playing or drag new ppl in.....

• Like 2

Biggest news since the addition of EasyAntiCheat.
GG Matt & Team, you just made me log into the game.

Still held back by the 125 slots in the weapon locker though.

For ARMAS purchases, would it be possible to get unlocks (to purchase from contacts with APB$) instead of the item? That would bypass the locker limitation.

Edited by Talla
  • Like 1

Riot's still broken

just had a match on jericho (1 man/woman teams)

D677840085D8CFBA6269898FABC68DD21D010B39

I won got 0 standing. (also we need riot to start with 4 on jericho 8 was painfull to wait for THEN there's a 3 min timer.)

45 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Where are VBR 'Temptress' and Obeya CAP40-C NFCP 2?

Again, you should and will never get them.
They are exlusive!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

They are exlusive!

So was the Last Stand, whats your point?

Just now, Sentaii said:

They are exlusive!

Phew! RAF program was a failure to begin with, which was also heavily exploited, so most players never obtained these items fairly by actually bringing in real new players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talla said:

Biggest news since the addition of EasyAntiCheat.
GG Matt & Team, you just made me log into the game.

Still held back by the 125 slots in the weapon locker though.

For ARMAS purchases, would it be possible to get unlocks (to purchase from contacts with APB$) instead of the item? That would bypass the locker limitation.

Please, PLEASE give us unlocks for ARMAS guns.

It's a no brainer TBH.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

It is, only a 3slot for 10k JT

7 hours ago, Genobee said:

The golden OSMAW does appear to be permanent now. Could've sworn I saw it when I took a look in-game.  

Heck yea! Its something to grind about. Now the wait is for the CCG.

Although I spent a ton of money on the game I'm so fucking happy this is happening. This opens gateways for a more free to play experience. I love it love it love it

While it's a good decision in a short-term, I'm seriously worried about gold sink in the game. You reduce it's weight with every step you make: player to player trade allow to bypass market 20% tax, permanent open slotted joket guns will eventually kill weekly weapon lease spendings, nekrova migration with all it's cash flow will blow economy hard.

You should serious look at gold sink ways in the game, cuz right now there are very few ways to remove money off the players and that won't end well.

If the game lives that long.

• Thanks 1

Have all weapons been given availability of full three open slots, or are there still a bunch of weapons arbitrarily restricted to only one or two open slots? Example of this is the ATAC, which was only given a two open slot version when it was converted to a permanent purchase option.

3 hours ago, Sentaii said:

They are exlusive!

exclusive to the hundreds of players that exploited the raf system sure

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Have all weapons been given availability of full three open slots, or are there still a bunch of weapons arbitrarily restricted to only one or two open slots? Example of this is the ATAC, which was only given a two open slot version when it was converted to a permanent purchase option.

Only comes in 1-2 slots.  Nearly everything else that isnt a preset has 0 or 3 slots.

2 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Only comes in 1-2 slots.  Nearly everything else that isnt a preset has 0 or 3 slots.

So they continue to fail to fix one of the most glaring problems the Joker Store has had since its implementation, neat.

@MattScott Care to share a word on whether or not Little Orbit intends to fix this?

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

exclusive to the hundreds of players that exploited the raf system sure

I didn't exploit it and legitimately earned it. Not everyone abused it.. just 90% or so. 

• Like 1