Paladon

Joker Ticket Store Weapon Price, Permanence, and Name Changes

Being able to purchase perma weapons with ingame currency (earned ingame)? I respect that, I think thats the best implementation done by the team yet. I had a feeling someday perma weapons would come to jt, so I didnt buy anything from the store. I wanted to buy body kits but I dont like the respawn costs on cars so I never bought them.

Also, no rocket launcher huh?

Edited by killerskull
  • Like 3

I'll copy my post here:

I think they've made a step in the right direction.

Profitability should not come from weaponry imo, but from clothing packs, services, premium, decals and other non-weaponry related merchandise/services.
Because even if veterans understand that most armas weapons are just duplicates of existing f2p guns, the general public and a new player or anyone looking into APB, won't understand that fact and will just see a game that sells P2W weaponry on it's website for $$.

I'd much rather that guns in general was all earned in-game. It gives incentives to play and it gives the game a better outlook.

No-one can be apphauled that they're selling clothes/design packs etc etc for $$, that's what every F2P game does (and should do in fairness).

Besides, I think in the long run, LO is planning to focus on premium, rather than filling armas with new content every few months to "earn".
I think they wanna find ways to make premium more useful and one way could definitely be the ability to earn more JT's and therefore access more guns sooner, than non-prem accounts. Indirectly, it's same as putting guns on armas for $$, but it's an organic way of doing it, that won't make the game look bad or give the taste of P2W for new players checking APB out.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Paladon said:

Thirty of the 88 weapons in the JT store had name changes. Here is a list of those changes:

Old Name                                            NEW NAME

Agrotech ACES JT2                               Agrotech ACES JT1 PR1

Agrotech ACES Rifle JT2                       Agrotech ACES Rifle JT1 PR1

Colby PMG-SD 28 'Hush' JT2                Colby PMG-SD 28 'Hush' JT1 PR1

Golden N-HVR 762-SD Dvah                Golden N-HVR 762-SD Dvah JT2 PR1

N-ISSR-B 'Wisp' JT2                              N-ISSR-B 'Wisp' JT1 PR1

Raptor 45 'Hawk' JT3                            Raptor 45 'Hawk' JT1 PR1

nice changes in general but I'm not too fond of this naming scheme.  I like the slotted weapon nomenclature from the regular contacts more, (Nol, Adeen, Dvah.. R&D I/II/III.. JG 840/940/1040)

also the silencer type preset mods shouldn't affect Joker Ticket prices because GMs have said before that they are just placeholder mods,  i.e.  a player can't buy a silencer mod (and even if they could slot it into a weapon it wouldn't do anything.)

I'm not nitpicking just offering up my opinion.

• Like 5

Just now, bumrush79 said:

I like the slotted weapon nomenclature from the regular contacts more, (Nol, Adeen, Dvah)

I do not. 

Fun facts:  Nol = 0

Adeen= 1

Dvah = 2

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, killerskull said:

Also, no rocket launcher huh?

The golden OSMAW does appear to be permanent now. Could've sworn I saw it when I took a look in-game.  

Edited by Genobee

wow clap clap 👏

33 minutes ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Is Showstopper JT same as the legendary?

no, the legendary is the showstopper thunder.

the one selling for joker tickets is the regular showstopper (12m less range and more spread)

2 hours ago, Paladon said:

can we please have Paladon pop up on the admin tracker? (I've added him? / her? to my own tracker list but I think as a producer it should be by default)

oh yea btw, great update! game really needed that.

Edited by Snubnose

Just now, sneekface said:

Nice, and welcome to APB paladon!

First read Paladon as Taladon ... Luckily I just cant read. 

Who's this Paladon dude?  Are they new?  If that's the case then welcome! 88 weapons just became available for free, that's a pretty damn good update.

Also: Secondary open slots

2 hours ago, Paladon said:

Not yet, but we wanted to future-proof the pricing convention.

😮 

I know probably not gonna happen anytime soon, but its neat to think about.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

28 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Who's this Paladon dude?  Are they new? 

I'm not new, I leave the forward facing stuff to the professional forward facing people. Unfortunately we have a confluence of sick people today and I had all the info so I blurted it all out to get it into your hands. I'm gathering your feedback on the weapon changes so I'd love to hear what you think (I probably won't talk much because I hear that stealing Matt's thunder isn't good for his morale)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IROCkiller said:

Fair enough, can't wait to have a CJ3 .45 (hopefully)

Buy 1 slot RFP 9 and add IR3 yourself in the (probably far) future. Saves you 500 JT and more importantly G1C.

35 minutes ago, Haganu said:

Buy 1 slot RFP 9 and add IR3 yourself in the (probably far) future. Saves you 500 JT and more importantly G1C.

Nah, RFP's getting nerfed. At least before open slot secondaries exist I'd think.

45 minutes ago, Paladon said:

I'm not new, I leave the forward facing stuff to the professional forward facing people. Unfortunately we have a confluence of sick people today and I had all the info so I blurted it all out to get it into your hands. I'm gathering your feedback on the weapon changes so I'd love to hear what you think (I probably won't talk much because I hear that stealing Matt's thunder isn't good for his morale)

weapon changes are live??? 

59 minutes ago, Paladon said:

I'm gathering your feedback on the weapon changes

Weapon changes as in the renaming of weapons in the joker store or weapon changes as in gun balance?

1 minute ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Weapon changes as in the renaming of weapons in the joker store or weapon changes as in gun balance?

The changes we made today to the JT store weapons. The other stuff will have its moment in the sun and its own thread.

This is a good direction for those new or can't afford weapons but I believe you did this for the intention to encourage players to play riot? but somehow players will just populate fight club more for JT. 

Edited by Deadliest

3 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

One the one hand I commend you for using a naming system that makes sense.

On the other hand I would've preferred if you had kept it in line with the original naming system (i.e. manufacturer specific labels for upgraded versions). But then again, Gamersfirst already wrecked havock within this system, so you'd have to rename lots of weapons to get them back in line.

This.

These names are absolutely awful, lol. Especially, for example, the N-HVR 762-SD DVAH JT2 PR1: the 'SD' already says that it's silenced, and the 'DVAH' already denotes a total of 3 mods/mod slots, allowing you to deduce that the gun has a silencer and two open slots.

And don't tell me this is to make it easier for newbies, because "N-HVR 762-SD DVAH JT2 PR1" will just confuse the fuck out of a new player.

Please just use normal naming for open slots, and replace 'PR' with 'JT' for presets.

Also, can we please, for the love of fucking God, get a non-gold N-HVR 762-SD DVAH on ARMAS already?

. . . Oh, and I haven't logged in yet, but please tell me you aren't increasing pricing for the "preset mods" on the ACES guns, which are just a way to not allow people to put HB on them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

This.

These names are absolutely awful, lol. Especially, for example, the N-HVR 762-SD DVAH JT2 PR1: the 'SD' already says that it's silenced, and the 'DVAH' already denotes a total of 3 mods/mod slots, allowing you to deduce that the gun has a silencer and two open slots.

And don't tell me this is to make it easier for newbies, because "N-HVR 762-SD DVAH JT2 PR1" will just confuse the fuck out of a new player.

Please just use normal naming for open slots, and replace 'PR' with 'JT' for presets.

We are going to be soliciting feedback from players to rework the overall naming conventions across ARMAS, the Joker Store, and regular guns.

• Like 4