blockblack

All Armas weapons are now offered Perma for JT?

I just went to check the JT store today and... WTF, All weapons in it are now offered Perma for free, I saw a sh*t-load of folks in-front of Wilde impressed of what just happened, So why did LO do that? and will they do another small patch to revoke what they just did?

Not all weapons are perma now

There is the scout without mods it expires after 7 days

I guess it will be fixed soon

You needed to snitch? I wondered how long it would take for them to figure it out.

5 minutes ago, Mitne said:

You needed to snitch? I wondered how long it would take for them to figure it out.

They literally just posted that 1) it was an intended change and 2) the logic behind the pricing and naming scheme

Quite a while before your " " " post " " " as well

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

Sorry for the late explanation. This was intentional, although we need to adjust a couple things.

Edit: Nitronik beat me to the link.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MattScott said:

At your service o7

2 hours ago, Nitronik said:

They literally just posted that 1) it was an intended change and 2) the logic behind the pricing and naming scheme

Quite a while before your " " " post " " " as well

. . .

Simply, no comments.

so, no more pay to win arguments if you can literally obtain weapons in game permanently.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, illgot said:

so, no more pay to win arguments if you can literally obtain weapons in game permanently.

If only the situation was that simple. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, illgot said:

I mean the game was hardly ever p2w. But yea, this stops the braindead idiots that never played the game from using it as an argument.

• Like 2

The game starts pay 2 win (new players f2p vs new player ARMAS), becomes less so as more player time is invested, and eventually ends up at least sort of fair between free and paid players.

Adding permanent f2p weapons is a big step in improving that last bit. 

• Like 1

This is a massive step in the right direction for APB. Like in other games, as long as it's accessible through grind completely free of charge - no P2W arguments can be made. Also with the revamped Premium in mind, there is nothing people can complain about. If they want something, it's right there for them to grind out.

Now we also need some more customizable cosmetic items added there to spruce up the otherwise stale and boring F2P design part of the game.

• Like 1

For anyone that never noticed, APB Was never pay to win, APB Was always pay to look cool.

19 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Sorry for the late explanation. This was intentional, although we need to adjust a couple things.

Thanks,

Matt

Hmmm, the CEO of LO replied to my topic, I think that's quite rare, but not very rare since not much new topics are created on APB Forum.

I really appreciate the opportunity to spend all those worthless joker tokens that I've accumulated over the years, however I do wonder how this is going to affect ARMAS sales.

also not sure if allowing players to purchase a permanent OSMAW is really a good thing, you can't even get one of those with real money.

30 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

also not sure if allowing players to purchase a permanent OSMAW is really a good thing, you can't even get one of those with real money.

It's not. 

But at least now there's something you can't buy with irl$.... I guess. 

3 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

why not at this point, g1's "no explosives on armas" only lasted until they needed another cash infusion via jmb

9 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

why not at this point, g1's "no explosives on armas" only lasted until they needed another cash infusion via jmb

I just want to buy it and the OPGL account wide.  I own the Volcano but am too cheap to rent those weapons every week.

Instead of jt, armas weapons should be tradeable.

More income with same results... and reviving the game economy (this is needed).

I've dreamed about this day since 2013. This is a whole new epoch for the game. Thanks for the change, LO! And grats, everyone!

edit: although I suspect my legendaries now cost twice less than yesterday.

Edited by Letter