Sign in to follow this  
cheater

Patch notes for new patch

Can we get those please? It seems to be a new trend of rolling out patches without patch notes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, please.

I also love the "Patch Notes" posts to Steam and inside there's absolutely no information at all about exactly what is getting patched.

now add more ways to earn JT 😃

or increase amounts you get from the mission gameplay....

scavenger hunt 

most guns on JT store are now permanent, including amg stheno (euryale).

edit: all guns are permanent except a scout (i think)

Edited by Uhtdred

Damn that's a lot of 3 slot weapons for 10k JT.

Unpopular opinion: While 10k JT takes a lot of time to collect, it's still bad for the long term profitability of APB.  The perma weapons for JT should be only 2 slots, not 3 so people are incentivized to spend money and keep the game up and running.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Unpopular opinion: While 10k JT takes a lot of time to collect, it's still bad for the long term profitability of APB.  The perma weapons for JT should be only 2 slots, not 3 so people are incentivized to spend money and keep the game up and running.

not really, most people has 2-3 characters so you can't spend 10k joker tickets on each character, that's 30k.

buying guns "account wide" is still a lot better.

only JT permanent gun not good for long term profitability of APB is maybe the amg stheno and the showstopper (too cheap).

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

not really, most people has 2-3 characters so you can't spend 10k joker tickets on each character, that's 30k.

buying guns "account wide" is still a lot better.

only JT permanent gun not good for long term profitability of APB is maybe the amg stheno and the showstopper (too cheap).

I just said 10k JT is not a small amount and takes time to collect.

Believe it or not, most players play only one character. And yes, 3 slot gun bought for JT is potentially lost revenue that can be used to pay staff, servers, engine update and other development.

It's not like LO is generating huge amount of profit to afford to be so generous. Even gifting is disabled.

Do I like getting "free" weapons. Yes.  But doesn't mean it's reasonable decision to offer 3 slot guns.

Edited by Sayori

1 minute ago, Sayori said:

Believe it or not, most players play only one character. And yes, 3 slot gun bought for JT is potentially lost revenue that can be used to pay staff, servers, engine update and other development.

clearly little orbit believes that mitigating the p2w perception and further encouraging players to play the game is more profitable in the long run than locking everything away behind a credit card

• Like 5

Just now, Glaciers said:

clearly little orbit believes that mitigating the p2w perception and further encouraging players to play the game is more profitable in the long run than locking everything away behind a credit card

They could do this with 2 slot weapons. And honestly if someone things APB is p2w -right now- they are better off here lol.

3 minutes ago, Sayori said:

only FC players play one character. If u do missions regularly, when criminals side is FULL, you play with enforcer and viceversa, so you actually need 2 characters per account, at least.

48 minutes ago, Sayori said:

I think they've made a step in the right direction.

Profitability should not come from weaponry imo, but from clothing packs.
Because even if veterans understand that most armas weapons are just duplicates of existing f2p guns, the general public and a new player or anyone looking into APB, won't understand that fact and will just see a game that sells P2W weaponry on it's website for $$.

I'd much rather that guns in general was all earned in-game. It gives incentives to play and it gives the game a better outlook.

No-one can be apphauled that they're selling clothes/design packs etc etc for $$, that's what every F2P game does (and should do in fairness).

Besides, I think in the long run, LO is planning to focus on premium, rather than filling armas with new content every few months to "earn".
I think they wanna find ways to make premium more useful and one way could definitely be the ability to earn more JT's and therefore access more guns sooner, than non-prem accounts. Indirectly, it's same as putting guns on armas for $$, but it's an organic way of doing it, that won't make the game look bad or give the taste of P2W for new players checking APB out.

Imo, its a smart move @MattScott

@Evagelyne exactly.

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sayori said:

They could do this with 2 slot weapons. And honestly if someone things APB is p2w -right now- they are better off here lol.

No, you can't. Having a 3-slot version of a gun that can only be obtained via real currency is the definition of P2W. In other words, obtaining something other players cannot obtain within the confine of the game through regular play. Disclaimer: I don't think this game is P2W, but a lot of people do and grey areas with some of the weapons with slots was a factor in this.

This is a smart move by LO. Someone exclaiming P2W now has a way to earn that weapon in-game and can experience first hand how the weapon and its slots don't make up for them being bad.

@Tigrix you were faster than me, haha. +1

Edited by Evagelyne
  • Like 2

indeed whats contains this PC patch if is not regular maintanence(buthcher dat)

1 hour ago, Tigrix said:

now add more ways to earn JT 😃

or increase amounts you get from the mission gameplay....

id actuality be down with this

or at least making it a tradable currency on the market place and npcs

1. ability to enter numbers while caps-lock is on for market prices

Offer all 3 slot armas weapons in the JT store except for all the reskins. Offer easier ways to get JT. Everything in the armas store should be cosmetic only imo, including the cars. You want nicer looking clothes/vehicle kits? Purchase them on armas. This business model works well and no one can claim it's pay2win. Customization has always been a big part of APB, it's what makes it unique. JMB's should be removed or made as a weekly reward for getting to gold objective in fight club or something in mission district, more incentive to play.

3 hours ago, Evagelyne said:

No, you can't. Having a 3-slot version of a gun that can only be obtained via real currency is the definition of P2W. In other words, obtaining something other players cannot obtain within the confine of the game through regular play. Disclaimer: I don't think this game is P2W, but a lot of people do and grey areas with some of the weapons with slots was a factor in this.

This is a smart move by LO. Someone exclaiming P2W now has a way to earn that weapon in-game and can experience first hand how the weapon and its slots don't make up for them being bad.

@Tigrix

you were faster than me, haha. +1

lmao, what.??You unlock 3 slot version if you play long enough. And 3 slot weapon doesn't grant you a win automatically. For some  weapons the 3rd slot is even unnecessary. Don't bring me that crap argument, there was already the option to get the weapons for leased time. 

It's good for the consumer but good for APB because it kills some of its revenue.

3 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

only FC players play one character. If u do missions regularly, when criminals side is FULL, you play with enforcer and viceversa, so you actually need 2 characters per account, at least.

This doesn't make sense.  FC players play only one character? Shouldn't they switch when FC is full :)? But no, most people play one character and spam join when district is full. Can't remember the last time I switched because it was full. Like..it never happened.

3 hours ago, Tigrix said:

I think they've made a step in the right direction.

Profitability should not come from weaponry imo, but from clothing packs.
Because even if veterans understand that most armas weapons are just duplicates of existing f2p guns, the general public and a new player or anyone looking into APB, won't understand that fact and will just see a game that sells P2W weaponry on it's website for $$.

I'd much rather that guns in general was all earned in-game. It gives incentives to play and it gives the game a better outlook.

No-one can be apphauled that they're selling clothes/design packs etc etc for $$, that's what every F2P game does (and should do in fairness).

Besides, I think in the long run, LO is planning to focus on premium, rather than filling armas with new content every few months to "earn".
I think they wanna find ways to make premium more useful and one way could definitely be the ability to earn more JT's and therefore access more guns sooner, than non-prem accounts. Indirectly, it's same as putting guns on armas for $$, but it's an organic way of doing it, that won't make the game look bad or give the taste of P2W for new players checking APB out.

Imo, its a smart move @MattScott

@Evagelyne exactly.

Then they should remove the weapons from armas entirely then 🙂

There are not enough clothing on armas to sustain the cost of running APB. And to make clothing fast and efficiently they will need UE 3.5

Armas is not just reskins of "f2p" weapons, it's permanent weapons, either you buy them for leased time or buy them permanently, it's fairly obvious, can't fathom the people who say armas is p2w just because it costs money. This is what drives the sales - if you don't wanna bother getting leased weapons and rank up the role for more slots - you buy them.

Other than troublemarker and atac back then, and the fang right now there's no p2w. And just because you have fang it doesn't mean you are going to win.

I'd love to see financial report for the past 6 months and another report after 6 months and see the dips in revenue. But I won't 

4 hours ago, Glaciers said:

4 hours ago, Sayori said:

Lets not forget that Little Orbit has said for a while now that they were doing this.

I do not understand why it is such a surprise because of it.

As for fundding APB -  some people have 10+ chars so they would just buy the gun account bound because it is easier to do so (if they have not already)

And new players -  there will always be some who buy it account bound since it is easier to do.

Never give up on human laziness to get things done quicker and easier 😃

Sign in to follow this