Sign in to follow this  

Chat Toxicity Topic

Hey, so.. it's been a very long time since i posted something interesting about changes but i wanted to talk about as title says, the chat filers for toxicity.

I am aware that there is alredy a filter that provide more security on the bad worlds side but it's not that good, i mean, it's basically nothing, because you can turn off that chat filter by going into the Chat Options and Deselect Profanity FIler so, it's pretty useless because it just replace the word with some *, but only for who have that option active.

gGV4kwf.png vSjXEfF.png

Now i want to talk about Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six Siege, this should be Off-Topic right? Wrong.

That game got an update about the same issue and i loved how they made it.

You can go to check some notes down from the developers and the team > 1st Link & 2nd Link

Close to nobody have implemented such system to the chat about this issue, and many games have it, maybe all of them out there.

I wanted to tag R6S because i think this could be a good suggestion to start with, i wish that Little Orbit will read this topic and answer, i don't want direct answer because i know that could be more difficult than Cheating argoment.

Over the years the Toxicity in this game has grown, even more than the community itself.

I repeatly-often receive insults, bad words, anything bad is just "Appropriate" for your Team mates or Opponents to start and blame you, throw same type of things, everyday, every hour, every minute.

Im not the classic kid who get offended by the default "YOUR MOTHER IS *******" or others, i simply don't care about these useless crying players, just for a kill, just for a game, Disgusting, really Disgusting.

There is a limit, right? I think that limit got reached since.. many years alredy? I mean.. why don't you guys (Tagging LO) implement something similar to what i suggested?

isn't possible that a chat can stay like that until the death/end of this game, i've been here/there for Many years, too much, and honestly? I am totally tired about these peoples who think get attention only by talking sh*t to each others or to everyone, i simply don't understand what's the point behind that but anyway i wish that to be solved soon as possible.

Maybe not with the current engine and messed code of the game but after the Engine Upgrade could be a really good change, and im talking about Chat, something players use Always, so that should be important for you.

I've got one question for @MattScott and who ever want to answer as part of the team (obviously).

i know that you(Matt) and your company are really interested in bringing back what was APB but make it so much better than the past and the actual present, right? I know you had many discussions about Nudity and some other aspects of the game.

Did you ever thought about changing the Chat Toxicity or the actual Chat Filters for players to recalibrate the standard of the use for it?

At the end i wanted to say thanks for reading and i think the actual one is completely useless, i don't even leave it active so i can screenshot and save all "Good Words" and in anyway it would be useless so, why should i leave it On? It will only be displayed for me but not for who have it Off.

I hope in the future really something can be done on that side.

Turn off whispers and/or district chat. 

• Like 1

If you feel someone has crossed a line in chat you can report them to support. 

If you give support the date, time, server, and district, they can retrieve the chat logs and punish the offenders. 

As far as the chat filter goes, while it may be turned off, you must choose to do so. 

This isn't to say things can't be improved, but you do have options. 

you could always ignore that player, but hey 90% of the players in this game are fk heads. 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 3

Temporary bans won't teach a person something where even their parents and the educational system failed at, and that's good etiquette and manners. Moreover, the current population numbers wouldn't be able to cope with such measures. Don't get me wrong, I feel you, this comes from a person who never said even a bad word to anyone in this game or any other as matter of fact. I usually just do not pay attention to what they say and leave them to suffocate in their own hate and misery. The less you pay attention, the more you'll be in peace. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

aside from legitimately illegal stuff like death threats, what’s the point?

just don’t pay attention to text you don’t like - problem solved 

• Like 2

The lesser you notice the chat, the better. You might get upset/angry if someone swears you or your family which affects your gameplay. "An angry person loses his mind."

Also what if someone swears you in other languages? Will u go google it out instead of playing? Think that way and keep playing.

Deal with it and stop calling daddy when someone says you nasty stuff in 18+ zone of internet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a weak human ...zleq3zky59l01.png

Considering the game has loading screens with tips of 'insulting your enemy can throw them off their game' insulting people is a part of the game.

Sure it could be nice to increase the profanity filter or whatever, for those specific snowflaky players, but most of us don't really care. Insulting the enemy team makes them mad, the more upset they are the shittier they will play because they'll be more inclined to try to do better and that throws them off.

It may not seem like it works, but it works wonders against players who are pretty narcissistic. 

5 hours ago, Kiida said:

Turn off whispers and/or district chat. 

how

14 minutes ago, Dofus said:

how

Press Home to bring up the chat window in full, then press the settings icon and you can set which ones are visible.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alani said:

Insulting the enemy team makes them mad, the more upset they are the shittier they will play because they'll be more inclined to try to do better and that throws them off.

It may not seem like it works, but it works wonders against players who are pretty narcissistic. 

^ This

Alright, enought about this argoment, you can close it, thanks for your work.

8 minutes ago, lTheDarkness said:

Alright, enought about this argoment, you can close it, thanks for your work.

You dont want toxicity? Dont play video games and find your safe space.

2 hours ago, ImZirc0nium said:

^ This

It works the oposite on me...

Hello

I am locking this topic at the OP's request.

- Mina_