Sign in to follow this  
Explosion

An Idea for a clan update!

The Clan Update 

Hey guys! I wanted to just throw this idea out there because when I think about APB beyond 3.5 I realize we don’t know much about actual expansions to the current content and gameplay elements of the game. With that in mind I decided to fully think out an expansions to clans in the game.

Right now in game clans are glorified chat rooms that people jump into with friends and have no real effect on the game. This update would try to add the ability to gain some benefits from being with a clan, and encouraging people to invest and work together. Below I list requirements to access certain aspects that includes APB$ costs this is to try to make sure that people investing into this content will be active clans so there isn’t unnecessary storage being wasted on the games databases as well as giving people a goal to work towards.

So when a clan wants to expand into this new content they must invest into a clan base, this would be a new social area primarily for the members of the clan. The requirements for this could be at least 10 members and 100’000 APB$ this gives you access to the core social area a basic space to  hang out with clan members change loadouts and access the market. The style of these bases are decided by the faction the clan is apart of and possibly multiple styles could be chosen from, example: An Enforcer clan could decide between a more military like space or a more traditional police station look and a Criminal clan could decide between a nightclub or criminal safe house look. 

After purchasing the basic social space a clan can expand to unlock additional features for the social area and various clan benefits. An idea for some is listed below: 

1. The Barracks/Living Quarters - This space would give players the option to create symbols and change their outfits, along with this it would unlock an additional clothing slot on a players loadout screen for the clans uniform. This uniform would be set by either the leader of the clan or a member with permission to change it, these uniforms could be different by rank or can be altered slightly with certain pieces locked that a member cannot change. 
  2. The garage - This space gives the players access to create symbols and modify their cars as well as giving the clan access to a clan car, like the outfit it is primarily designed by a higher level member of the clan and provides the ability for a clan to have a uniformed look when playing together. With the car I believe it should possibly have a weekly or monthly cost of APB$ for the upkeep of the vehicle this could be expanded to a choice of 3 cars each increasing the upkeep cost of providing this upgrade. To balance this cost i believe the vehicles should have mods set up on them.
  3. The armory (this is just an extra idea i wanna put out there) - The armory would provide a means to buying weapons and gear from the joker store and contacts, along with this it gives them full access to clan wars.

Clan Wars would be a way to do organized pvp between clans, this would be divided into big team pvp (fights in Baylan/Asylum) and then small team 5v5 missions. Both modes would have a leader board with categories for each mode showing the clan with the most wins, kills and more. This could be tied in with rewards for the top clans every month possibly with large sums of Joker Tickets and APB$ for the top clans members. 

From a story standpoint this could be seen as a leader of a clan establishing their own group within their respective faction like the Praetorian or Blood Roses. 

I have other ideas regarding clans but this is the stuff that I have personally thought out any questions and criticism is appreciated.

-Explosion 

Edit: Somehow someone thought I wanted to remove things from social district, this is not the case it is just an idea for a private space for clan members to hang out and get some cool bonus stuff for working together.

Edited by Sivebrady
added clarification
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Sivebrady said:

~Post~

While i think the idea has good intentions, i do not believe it is a great one.

Clans do need something to hold more value to players, but reminder that clan are supposed to be community pillars, and i like your ideas, but the part that i don't, is to have "A social space".

Clans are supposed to bring the community together, but this, sounds more like dividing them more than they already are, i am not a fan of each clan having their own social instance, not only it sounds like a big waste of server resources, but also like a way to isolate people more than they already are.

My suggestion to your idea, would be, rather than clans having their own instance, there should be all of this in Breakwater Galleria, but only accessible by clan members who have unlocked that ability.

unknown.png

The best part is that Breakwater Galleria has pretty much all of the needed layout, with garage like structures on the bottom, and editors on the side, you can just add all the editors your talked about around, and you pretty much have your idea, that's still clan exclusive, and that doesn't divide the community, and allows the clan to be visible to everyone rather than hidden in their own instance.

Oh yeah can we also get clan badges to be shown under the names ?

Untitled.png

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ketog said:

his shiz 

I completely agree with you, I was a bit aprehensive of making it a part of social as I thought some people may find that annoying i guess part of breakwater galleria could be changed though seeing as most of it is unused.