Defibrillator

Unbanning players before Battleye..WOW

Oh boy, has LO been concentrating so much on communicating with the playerbase that they forgot to communicate with themselves?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lixil said:

i think most of us are aware of the posted process, but the issue is that these accounts were banned by ff and are now unbanned

at the very least, in my case the ban reason of cheating was correct, so unless they decided to file it under a different violation theres something happening here

51 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

EDIT:

Why the quotes around always though? 😕

Cause I misinterpreted what you said, I was thinking about cheaters always playing legit, sounded funny

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

i think most of us are aware of the posted process, but the issue is that these accounts were banned by ff and are now unbanned

at the very least, in my case the ban reason of cheating was correct, so unless they decided to file it under a different violation theres something happening here

Checking your accounts out at this moment. 

2 minutes ago, Lixil said:

thank you

inb4 i get rebanned lmao

3 hours ago, Lixil said:

my account has been banned for almost 2 years by fairfight for "cheating" which was an incorrect decision made by the gamersfirst management, and I've been waiting for almost 2 years since my ban to appeal it and find out why i was flagged or just banned out of spite

Anxiously spams F5 on profile in hopes of seeing 'Active'

Edited by iDev
  • Like 2

Whats going on? They are actually checking on Fair Fight atm ? :o

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

thank you

inb4 i get rebanned lmao

I would reward your honesty with cookies but unfortunately, it doesn't depend on me. Good luck.

6 minutes ago, Lixil said:

everything checked out, apparently there was some sort of issue with the account itself, there was no unban from orbit

from my pov theres no longer a conflicting issue here, just a mistake on my account/my end

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

thank you

inb4 i get rebanned lmao

Later my dood. 

see you in a few weeks.

I just wanted to jump in here and comment about this. We are not doing unbanning for any account that was banned for cheating. We are reviewing accounts that were banned for other reasons so, yes, there are a few accounts that are being unbanned. Even if they say that they were banned for cheating and now have their account back, it is not true. We are still following this post: 

Selali

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Selali said:

I just wanted to jump in here and comment about this. We are not doing unbanning for any account that was banned for cheating. We are reviewing accounts that were banned for other reasons so, yes, there are a few accounts that are being unbanned. Even if they say that they were banned for cheating and now have their account back, it is not true. We are still following this post: 

Selali

Sweet, thanks for the update :)

Does this mean that us, with support tickets regarding non-cheat related bans, are getting our cases reviewed at the moment, or do we have to bump those tickets?

Edited by iDev

2 minutes ago, Selali said:

Selali

Here's hoping I wasn't actually banned for cheating then

2 minutes ago, Selali said:

Selali

Could you please check my account?

According to Old G1 I was banned for ""cheating"" but I never believed that was actually the case, I suppose they are going by what they were written down as, and not what they were actually initially tagged for? *sigh*

If any of you are asking for account checkup, or a checkup why you were banned in past please send a support ticket. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lixil said:

If any of you are asking for account checkup, or a checkup why you were banned in past please send a support ticket. 

Aren't ya worried some people will just flood support with this and tack on a request to be unbanned?

But meh, I'll leave you guys alone and wait.

I feel like I wanna share some key elements I´ve received from Selali through the support here, regarding the unbanning of accounts.

=> "When that happens, we will put out a 2nd response to let you know to try logging into your account." (they will message everyone, preferably through email, once they are unbanned) For the statement regarding notifications, @CookiePuss

=> "The unbans will be completed automatically"

=> If at that time you are still unable to log in, please respond to your ticket so that we can look at your case specifically. (Nobody´s gonna get locked out / ignored as it seems)

Edited by LibertyWalker

21 minutes ago, Lixil said:

There were a couple ff banned accounts that became bugged after they started doing the Punkbuster unbans in late 2016. These accounts became accessible to login to but if they tried to join any district they would get kicked by FairFight. There was also another issue where at times FairFight was disabled accidentally and any of these bugged accounts became fully accessible while FairFight was disabled. I know a couple people who’s account had this bug and can now play on their accounts again and I play on Jericho. My guess is that FairFight is either not working properly on Jericho or is just completely disabled giving these players access to their accounts again. (Side Note) Don’t know if this is really relevant but as far as I know all of the accounts that had this issue were banned in 2014 so my guess is that they were manual bans from our previous CM that were put under FairFight, not going to name names but a certain player’s account who got banned for sniping summit 4 years ago and got manually banned by Tiggs under FairFight got unbanned from this bug.