LilyV3

bring beacon back

No, nobody cares and its gonna have 10 players on it

• Like 1

Afaik, Tiggs once said they removed beacon due to G1's inability to deal with area selecting screen. They couldn't add another button for beacon or something like that.

22 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Is this possible with the current engine and layout for districts we have , or would we have two wait until after the engine upgrade?

I don't know enough about the layout for the districts to know if something could be done yet or not , but it would be nice if they could somehow do this.

I'm thinking my idea would have to wait till after the upgrade because I doubt there's currently a system in the game for automatic map rotations, but considering how soon they're making the engine upgrade sound that probably won't be much of an issue.  It'll especially have to wait till after the upgrade if that add a 4th FC map.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

Hello

I have moved this topic to the Game Suggestions section.

- Mina_

7 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I'm thinking my idea would have to wait till after the upgrade because I doubt there's currently a system in the game for automatic map rotations, but considering how soon they're making the engine upgrade sound that probably won't be much of an issue.  It'll especially have to wait till after the upgrade if that add a 4th FC map.

that's what I was thinking as well but I wasn't sure if something was already  possible.

That would be awesome to have  multiple event maps rotating like that.

even a bridge like that one we see in the distance for a giant tug o war

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, UnawarePolarBear said:

Bring the NA population back so we can play Beacon!

cmon 4 people is enough and its small enough to even meet those other 2 opponents regulary enough, NA ca not be THAT badly populated 😛

I never had issues with the spawns, yes you could spawn badly in front of someone, but asylum does that too, yet in beacon your were pretty much back in action instantly instead of having a walking simulator.

Beacon actually felt like a fight club, quick action for the sake of action, surely not for the k/d ego's due do spawn chaos. And I did like the verticality, because it added something unique.  For a more standard APB gameplay fight club you just have baylan. But Asylum, it is a badly oversized map where it sometimes only offers you spawns with long ways to get back to action.  Asylum can be fun if the spanws happen in the right locations, but it often is also just boring.

Edited by LilyV3

The Beacon is very limited when it comes to optimal loadouts, The Asylum is much more versatile from this perspective.

If there ever will be more than 2 FC maps at the same time, The Beacon should be made to be purely TDM without objectives like Baylan is.

Just put a some Stairmasters somewhere. It's roughly the same experience and level of fun.

Edited by SilverCrow

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:32 AM, Lato said:

No, nobody cares and its gonna have 10 players on it

It's pretty well playable with 10 players, so thats not even bad at all.

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

It's pretty well playable with 10 players, so thats not even bad at all.

yeah lets make LO waste more time for something 10 players are gonna play, sounds good

• Like 1

beacon is suck and just full of shotgun/smg players camping the stairs anyway

19 hours ago, Lato said:

yeah lets make LO waste more time for something 10 players are gonna play, sounds good

because reimplementing beacon will be THAT much effort. thats better than emptysylum or or waiting for no game to happen on baylan.

12 hours ago, Crusadeer said:

beacon is suck and just full of shotgun/smg players camping the stairs anyway

plenty of ways to get the staircampers.

Edited by LilyV3

On 8/2/2019 at 10:56 AM, LilyV3 said:

because reimplementing beacon will be THAT much effort. thats better than emptysylum or or waiting for no game to happen on baylan.

plenty of ways to get the staircampers.

wow really man? thx