Boba

Battleye. Don't put your hopes high?

Since Battleye is coming to apb, I just wanna raise awareness to something. People who play PUBG know that Battleye alone is very far from a proper cheat detection mechanism. So, will Battleye be present with fairfight, or it's a case of either/or? I know for a fact that battleye alone is not sufficient and it will just be a matter of time before new  cheats are made, and that would suck! I'm recommending Punkbuster + Battleye + Fairfight(if possible) since it would be really hard to bypass three layers, 2 of which are client-sided injection detectors.

What are you guys' thoughts on this?

• Like 1

Just now, AboLaden said:

Since Battleye is coming to apb, I just wanna raise awareness to something. People who play PUBG know that Battleye alone is very far from a proper cheat detection mechanism. So, will Battleye be present with fairfight, or it's a case of either/or? I know for a fact that battleye alone is not sufficient and it will just be a matter of time before new  cheats are made, and that would suck! I'm recommending Punkbuster + Battleye + Fairfight(if possible) since it would be really hard to bypass three layers, 2 of which are client-sided injection detectors.

I cannot remember the last time I saw a cheater in PUBG.

• Like 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:

in a far far future, 70% of various anti cheat software, 30% APB.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Well I have certainly seen a lot. Also by digging for some time through the cheaters forums (mpgh and their sucker alternatives), I found that actually a lot of cheats are found there often related to games which have Battleye.

I've seen maybe 3 cheaters at most in Fortnite in a few hundred hours of play time. I can log on APB right now and find that many in just one mission. /shrug

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

About 2 weeks ago, guy stared at a tree trunk and sniped me.

9 minutes ago, AboLaden said:

I believe it was said that it's gonna be FF + BE, at least for now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiida said:

I've seen maybe 3 cheaters at most in Fortnite in a few hundred hours of play time. I can log on APB right now and find that many in just one mission. /shrug

I've seen more than than, but definitely I agree. Battleye is an improvement in every way possible. I mean, I am hoping for a cheat-free APB, especially that Battleye is having a hard time right now since hackers are experimenting more with its mechanisms and finding new loopholes day by day. You can even see Battleye talking about that.
My point is that we shouldn't rely *only* on one cheat detection mechanism, especially when new cheats for it are currently being on the rise now.

Just now, AboLaden said:

I've seen more than than, but definitely I agree. Battleye is an improvement in every way possible. I mean, I am hoping for a cheat-free APB, especially that Battleye is having a hard time right now since hackers are experimenting more with its mechanisms and finding new loopholes day by day. You can even see Battleye talking about that.
My point is that we shouldn't rely *only* on one cheat detection mechanism, especially when new cheats for it are currently being on the rise now.

We won't be relying on just one anticheat. FF will still be there alongside BE as a secondary tool for gathering data and confirming what BE detects. We've all seen how shit APB has become since the removal of PB and tweaks to FF in late 2016, cheating became as rampant as it was before FF. I wouldn't bother bringing PB back though.

• Thanks 1

3 Anticheats, at one game. which I haven't seen before in gaming, and you still complaining. oh this community is getting to new heights. 

I mean, despite what reddit says I rarely saw cheaters when I played PUBG. And saw none on Fortnite. I did see some cheaters in siege, but after BE launched I saw none for almost year. Now I see some cheaters in siege but they're only in high elo and it's very rare at that even.

Better than the nothing we got now for APB 🙂

Edited by Shini
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kiida said:

We won't be relying on just one anticheat. FF will still be there alongside BE as a secondary tool for gathering data and confirming what BE detects. We've all seen how shit APB has become since the removal of PB and tweaks to FF in late 2016, cheating became as rampant as it was before FF. I wouldn't bother bringing PB back though.

Actually proper implementation of PB and FF like Battlefield 4 kicks a lot of cheater patootie. If you play BF4 frequently you don't see this much of cheaters and it's also FF + PB. But I recall EA making some tweaks to them for improving their detection and analyzing abilities and accuracy.

1 minute ago, PTCntte said:

3 Anticheats, at one game. which I haven't seen before in gaming, and you still complaining. oh this community is getting to new heights. 

Well, I don't see where I complained? All I see here is someone who complains about everything and dissing the community whatever happens? If the community is so irritating to you, maybe you should get off then.

2 minutes ago, Shini said:

I mean, despite what reddit says I rarely saw cheaters when I played PUBG. And saw none on Fortnite.

Better than the nothing we got now 🙂

Maybe it's just my bad luck w/ pubg and ark(couldn't handle playing ark). And yes ofc it's a major upgrade and I'm definitely happy about it!

Just now, AboLaden said:

Actually proper implementation of PB and FF like Battlefield 4 kicks a lot of cheater patootie. If you play BF4 frequently you don't see this much of cheaters and it's also FF + PB. But I recall EA making some tweaks to them for improving their detection and analyzing abilities and accuracy.

Never played any other shooter besides APB and Fortnite so I can't really say. I have no idea how effective Punkbuster is else where, just that it never did its job in APB because, as far as I know, G1 weren't paying for an updated version of it. I believe that might also be what ended up happening for FF and why it suddenly became so awful in catching cheaters.

• Like 1

It's pretty easy to say that with BattleEye soon being put into the game, it will be much harder for cheaters to get away with it for such a long period of time. You can have all the anti-cheat in the world and cheaters will try to find a way around it. End of story, there's no permanent solution to the cheating problem we have in the gaming community. Someone will always cheat.

If you can't be satisfied with having the cheating at the very least reduced, you will never find a game you enjoy that is online. Plain and simple.

Edited by GeneticCode
  • Like 1

In a perfect world nobody would even cheat, but this ain't a perfect world, and considering how few people actually cheat on PUBG or Fortnite compared to their playerbase, I'd say BattleEye seems pretty good, no anti-cheat is perfect, but I'd for sure rather fact a hacker every couple of weeks or months, than multiple hackers a day

1 hour ago, Boba said:

Well, I don't see where I complained? All I see here is someone who complains about everything and dissing the community whatever happens? If the community is so irritating to you, maybe you should get off then.

Maybe it's just my bad luck w/ pubg and ark(couldn't handle playing ark). And yes ofc it's a major upgrade and I'm definitely happy about it!

Nah, I been here for almost 7 years and I'm not gonna leave because a depressive member in the community told me so, go get some help stop arguing with everybody in different users.

1 hour ago, Boba said:

First of all i am REALLY REALLY SORRY for this.

You are bloody stoopid. 

Do you remember how much issues PB caused in APBR? Especially the old getting kicked out after being ingame for 5mins cause PB missed some packets?

PB is plain crap and is useless.....

BattleEye is good, if you go all out on Bastion , that guy will go buy ever paid cheat and add it to the database. Thats what happened incase of PUBG.

We just need Battleye+ FairFight, but with FairFight on full auto mode that insta bans players that are over the speed limit while being on foot or those who shoots with repeating consistent or repeating pattern of delays ! It should flag players who are doing X stuff or those has EXCEPTIONALLY SUPER HIGH aiming skills. 

FF should insta ban any player who does something thats not possible for any player and flag any user who is borderline above the higher average ! I mean you can ezy peezy see people who doesnt miss even a single bullet with Tommy gun,those should get flagged and GMs should check the flags every day, if the player is offline the checking should be DONE NEXT DAY !

Tbh.... im little bit afraid that those cheaters who makes new acc. over and over and over again just to find any weakness might break Battleye 😕 i bet MrEpicGoat is already working on how to defeat  BE. 

I dont know anything about PC stuff ,but  ID, IP and steam VAC ban would be nice bonus. + maybe lock away APB folder and files from any attempt to do something.

I dunno ,but its APB ... There is more 3 party program users than legit players ~.~ 

Edited by MartisLTU

BattlEye is definitely one of the best anti-cheats there is, you can't complain to LO for implementing what's one of the best. We should be grateful their first priority is an anti cheat, closely followed by server improvements. There'll always be cheaters, but this'll keep most of them away, and some of the die hard cheaters for a long while. (Hopefully, I don't know how alive the cheating community for APB is, and I'm better off not knowing.)
They're also keeping FF for what it's worth, so they can't improve anymore. 
But we'll see and hang tight to see what this gives. Either way a lot of players from my community are waiting for the anti-cheat to be implemented and will then continue to advertise the game. Make sure to do the same, let's revive the game that refuses to die.

2 hours ago, Boba said:

If updated as you should the BattlEye can safely go it alone, but if you want to be sure you can try it for:
1. BattlEye - Fairfight - EasyAntiCheat
2. BattlEye - Fairfight
3. BattlEye - EasyAntiCheat

PunkBuster in the past gave so many problems, so it has been removed and it is better that there is never more.

EasyAntiCheat is barely doing something, I see it in most of the online games but people still uses cheats often, what I did not saw in my gaming experience is cheaters under BattlEye hands. 

So we can compare too many anti-cheat softwares, but we never truly checked their actions within the game (except for FairFight which is currently a walking joke).

4 minutes ago, PTCntte said:

EasyAntiCheat is barely doing something, I see it in most of the online games but people still uses cheats often, what I did not saw in my gaming experience is cheaters under BattlEye hands. 

So we can compare too many anti-cheat softwares, but we never truly checked their actions within the game (except for FairFight which is currently a walking joke).

For the moment the EasyAntiCheat I saw only working on Dead by Daylight and Fortnite, so I wouldn't venture too much, but a BattlEye - EasyAntiCheat pair would be hard to overcome.
Regarding the BattlEye, there are some games where there is still the presence of cheater, but they are banned in not even 2 days.
Fairfight is a system recording, and not a real anticheat (which then identifies the cheat), but records the actions of a player and then a Staffer (real and true) must evaluate whether those types of statistics are human or not. In Battlefield it works. It would only be to adjust a little and take several GMs.

im pretty sure no one thinks battleye will magically stop all cheaters, and if they do they deserve the rude awakening tbh

what battleye hopefully does is mitigate the cheating issues to the point where we dont have cheaters lasting months or even years, and where blatants dont get to wait for statistical analysis to determine that shawcoptering isnt actually humanly possible lol

For everyone who replied,

it seems that people have misunderstood 2 things.

First: that I am not thankful for LO's efforts and the implementation of Battleye.
this is simply not true, if you just took one second to read the post and understand, you'd realize that this was not the subject of the post.

Second: That I am expecting an Anti-cheat to be flawless. Again, not true.

To clear things up, the subject of the post is people not getting their hopes so high. I often see people saying in-game "just wait for BE and there won't be any of you scumbags". I am simply pointing out that people should not be expecting APB to be free of cheats, unless 3 of those anti-cheat mechanisms are implemented together.
And for the people acting like little whiny kids and being disrecpectful, just know APB community gets worse with your existence, please change your attitude or get some self respect. I won't be reading a line after I see some little kid whining as if I was unthankful for LO's efforts. Which is simply not true, what's true however is your inability to understand a post's context and rather whine about anything you read on the forum.

3 hours ago, Shini said:

I mean, despite what reddit says I rarely saw cheaters when I played PUBG. And saw none on Fortnite. I did see some cheaters in siege, but after BE launched I saw none for almost year. Now I see some cheaters in siege but they're only in high elo and it's very rare at that even.

Better than the nothing we got now for APB 🙂

I really hope that becomes the case with APB. Hope is finally back..

59 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

im pretty sure no one thinks battleye will magically stop all cheaters, and if they do they deserve the rude awakening tbh

what battleye hopefully does is mitigate the cheating issues to the point where we dont have cheaters lasting months or even years, and where blatants dont get to wait for statistical analysis to determine that shawcoptering isnt actually humanly possible lol

Yeah that's why I totally am excited about BE. It's just that BE lacks the memory scanning abilities of FF, but definitely better with analysing memory reading processes once they're caught and flagged.

1 hour ago, Kast2 said:

For the moment the EasyAntiCheat I saw only working on Dead by Daylight and Fortnite, so I wouldn't venture too much, but a BattlEye - EasyAntiCheat pair would be hard to overcome.
Regarding the BattlEye, there are some games where there is still the presence of cheater, but they are banned in not even 2 days.
Fairfight is a system recording, and not a real anticheat (which then identifies the cheat), but records the actions of a player and then a Staffer (real and true) must evaluate whether those types of statistics are human or not. In Battlefield it works. It would only be to adjust a little and take several GMs.

That's why fairfight is really is really important. Any person with C/C++ background would understand my point, which the importance of having both server sided and client sided protection to effectively eliminate suspicious/cheating actions. Problem is a lot of people replying either didn't understand my point properly or are just commenting with 0 knowledge of how cheat detection works. They're just delusional and are going through wishful thinking that battleye alone is sufficient.

1 hour ago, Kast2 said:

If updated as you should the BattlEye can safely go it alone, but if you want to be sure you can try it for:
1. BattlEye - Fairfight - EasyAntiCheat
2. BattlEye - Fairfight
3. BattlEye - EasyAntiCheat

PunkBuster in the past gave so many problems, so it has been removed and it is better that there is never more.

I totally agree about punkbuster. But proper implementation such as in BF4 makes PB a no-joke for cheaters.

1 hour ago, MartisLTU said:

Tbh.... im little bit afraid that those cheaters who makes new acc. over and over and over again just to find any weakness might break Battleye 😕 i bet MrEpicGoat is already working on how to defeat  BE. 

I dont know anything about PC stuff ,but  ID, IP and steam VAC ban would be nice bonus. + maybe lock away APB folder and files from any attempt to do something.

I dunno ,but its APB ... There is more 3 party program users than legit players ~.~ 

THANK YOU