Sign in to follow this  
Lign

Maybe it's time to remove red crosshair

7 minutes ago, Zascha said:

Any modern shooter would require you to do that. I haven't played a game like APB where you have to be right on the target since... Hell, I don't even remember.

r6 siege?

cs:go?

hitscan based gunplay isnt some mystical art lost to the ravages of time

Edited by Glaciers
typo

24 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

r6 siege?

cs:go?

hitscan based gunplay isnt some mystical art lost to the ravages of time

I said that I remember.

Besides that, I'm pretty sure you're not suggesting that all APB has to do is to turn off Red Crosshairs and then it will magically be awesome like those games.

You're not actually implying that, are you?

Because that would be funny.

Edited by Zascha

1 minute ago, Zascha said:

I said that I remember.

Besides that, I'm pretty sure you're not suggesting that all APB has to do is to turn off Red Crosshairs and then it will magically be awesome like those games.

You're not actually implying that, are you?

Because that would be funny.

i don't see anywhere that i implied that so i'm going to say no

4 hours ago, Zascha said:

I think this is an extraordinarily bad idea. Not that I fault the person who brought it up. It's nothing against them. It's just not thought out very well.

Look.

I know you guys have been playing this game since before you were born. I realize that sentence makes no sense, but forgive my hyperbole for the sake of making a point.

Point is, you know how the game works because you've been playing it since forever. Enter in a new guy. I know they're rare these days, but just hang in there. Imagine they log in for the first time and they start shooting at people in a mission. They're moving all over the damn place. The enemy is jumping and running and moving all over the damn place. What are they going to do? They're going to lead the target. That's what they're going to do. Especially if they're sniping.

And why wouldn't they? Any modern shooter would require you to do that. I haven't played a game like APB where you have to be right on the target since... Hell, I don't even remember. Maybe back in 1995 when I was playing Duke Nukem 3D on a modem. Pretty sure all those old games had a Crosshair Marker Color Change. Reason being so you knew the difference between a Hit and a Miss. It had to be there because the game wasn't actually calculating bullet velocities and all that stuff. Just like APB.

It's a function of the mechanic. You can't get rid of it.

Like I said. I know YOU know you can't lead targets. I know YOU know about Hitboxes vs Character Size. But you've been playing since forever. But assuming this game somehow one day gets a resurgence in playerbase--I doubt it will ever happen, but it might--if you remove this feature then the new players are going to be complaining more than they already do about not being able to kill people: people are cheating, and so forth and so on. And then what? Every day you'll have some new thread pop up, "I CAN'T HIT ANYONE!" And then you'll get the Forum Nazi's flooding those threads every day to explain how the game is supposed to work. And then those guys will start complaining about how every day there's a brand new thread about the same old thing, and that just gives them one more thing to be toxic about.

This is a monumentally bad idea.

The only way you could do it is if you straight up changed the entire Ballistics Code in the game to where the guns are actually shooting bullets and all of that is calculated properly like in any other modern shooter. I wouldn't be opposed to that mind you. But there's a greater chance of a population resurgence happening than that happening.

This Is a joke?

Sign in to follow this