Legit players afftected by the change > people triggerbotting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, nikitos5 said:

Legit players afftected by the change > people triggerbotting

What is the effect on legit players?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverCrow said:

I can't believe you're going to make me defend my statement as a colorblind person simply telling you my problem.

I didn't say it shouldn't be removed. Did I? I said: not yet (until they do something for colorblind people).

Don't you think I know the nametags are red?

Problem is the red and green nametags can look very similar to a colorblind person because they are affected by the background (world) colors and lighting, for instance against a red or green background, or against a very bright sky, like I said in my post. The crosshair colors are affected much less by those things, so the red and green crosshair are easy to tell apart, at least for my type of colorblindness. With red/green color blindness the red and green cones in the eye are too close together so there's trouble seperating the two colors. My twin brother has the exact same issue with APB and 8% of all males are colorblind.

Why do you think all games that has colorblind settings have different colors than red and green on the nametags and crosshair?

I can't believe you just accused me of talking bs actually.

Sorry, I didn't accuse you of bs, I said my sensors are tingling...which implies uncertainty 🙂

Still though, why not change the colors from config files ? I think that's possible... or better. Instead of breaking ToS, just buy a monitor with crosshair overlay, you can change the color there and nameplate colors from config.

24 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Sorry, I didn't accuse you of bs, I said my sensors are tingling...which implies uncertainty 🙂

Still though, why not change the colors from config files ? I think that's possible... or better. Instead of breaking ToS, just buy a monitor with crosshair overlay, you can change the color there and nameplate colors from config.

I only know of changing the killfeed colors, but maybe its possible.

Overlays do not change color when on an enemy.

1 hour ago, Sayori said:

idk if you can change the nametag colors, i think the only way would be to use a shader config to overlay a colored "filter" over the entire game

On 7/25/2019 at 6:42 PM, Parthian said:

Yeah, I love it when an SPCT is moderating a twitch chat of a dude while the guy is blatantly triggerbotting on stream. (Guy is still not banned). Definitely shows you how totally not corrupted this company is!

If you got it recorded, give it to me on PM, please. Would love to see that one.

Edited by Mitne

On 7/25/2019 at 5:35 PM, Lign said:

It's so easy to make your own by learning simple coding on autoit or ahk in one day or just googling for the source. 

OH NO - the closets that share their private HACKS and those who BUY them now have to cheat against FREE SHITTY TRIGGERBOTS!

END THE FREE SHITTY TRIGGERBOTS! Save the ELITE CHEATERS from the MADNESS!

APB 2019

Edited by Monolillity
you guys are so fucking sad

21 minutes ago, Monolillity said:

OH NO - the closets that share their private HACKS and those who BUY them now have to cheat against FREE SHITTY TRIGGERBOTS!

END THE FREE SHITTY TRIGGERBOTS! Save the ELITE CHEATERS from the MADNESS!

APB 2019

is it just me or did he spin this harder than an f5 tornado 

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

being able to tell if you can actually hit a player using anything other than the default size setting because there is a difference between character render size and hit box size.

2 hours ago, illgot said:

being able to tell if you can actually hit a player using anything other than the default size setting because there is a difference between character render size and hit box size.

oh yeah... duh

ok carry on

In reality all of you are fking bad and you will always be.
Gitgud

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sentaii said:

In reality all of you are fking bad and you will always be.
Gitgud

No U. 

... gottem

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

oh yeah... duh

ok carry on

it's funny watching people trying to constantly shoot my taller characters and missing because they see half their head above cover 🙂

Isn't it anticheat problem? They say colour dependant triggerbots weren't a thing until after EAC.

I can hardly image myself playing without red crosshair by now, after having it for 9 years.

16 minutes ago, Gro said:

Isn't it anticheat problem? They say colour dependant triggerbots weren't a thing until after EAC.

I can hardly image myself playing without red crosshair by now, after having it for 9 years.

They were always a thing, Punkbuster was good at catching those, FairFight not so, BE not at all due to not having a server side option, EAC does have 1 and should be easy to catch the constant same delay of reaction of the "player" to the crosshair turning red.

The issue is that proper cheats, which inject into APB during runtime, do not need to rely on the red crosshair. That means, if LO decides to remove the red crosshair, the "easy-ahk" trigger bots are eliminated, but the proper ones, which are actually aware of the hitbox of a player, will remain working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cheater said:

BE not at all due to not having a server side option

2 hours ago, cheater said:

Punkbuster was good at catching those

???????

2 hours ago, Speedz said:

The issue is that proper cheats, which inject into APB during runtime, do not need to rely on the red crosshair. That means, if LO decides to remove the red crosshair, the "easy-ahk" trigger bots are eliminated, but the proper ones, which are actually aware of the hitbox of a player, will remain working.

Yeah, but there're very few private cheats and I can count on the fingers of one hand who's using them. But there're a lot of players who's using color based triggerbot and it's pretty easy to see by looking at their movement skill. Most of them don't even know how to corner pop with jg but having 99% of two shots. I don't get triggered by closet with injectable cheats as much as by silvers in monster energy outfit who mindlessly push you without strafe and makes a full shot on you when you try to fake pick him.

Even, there's a video how to make your own triggerbot for apb, I can show you in pm. It's so simple but it works perfectly

Edited by Lign

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:00 AM, illgot said:

it's funny watching people trying to constantly shoot my taller characters and missing because they see half their head above cover 🙂

sounds like a lie, because the tallest character afaik does not exceed the hitbox (unless wearing a crown, but then they shoot your hat)

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, CookiePuss said:

I wrote that further above.

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

sounds like a lie, because the tallest character afaik does not exceed the hitbox (unless wearing a crown, but then they shoot your hat)

I wrote that further above.

big afro or the snowman head.  I ditched the afro a while ago because I couldn't get a proper black skin tone and facial structure.  So now I just run around with a snowman head as a major part of my primary costume.  Plus there are a few areas in financial which the cover is tall enough to hide a smaller rendered model but short enough to show the top of a larger rendered models head when moving around.  Not literally "half" but I am literally not a person either.

Edited by illgot

yeah, yeah!... and maybe it's time to remove NTEC cause  the cheaters and  "streamers" closet cheaters who be  banned like 10 times in the past using it alot!... yeah, yeah!... -.- 

yeah, cause it's not  problem of a good working anticheat, it's problem of the red crosshair! :0

On 7/26/2019 at 11:56 AM, Bambola said:

Or maybe it's not that time, after all. I obviously have no clue how those things work, but even for a layperson as I am, the idea of removing one of the game's core mechanics instead of finding an alternative way to deal with the issue sounds like utter nonsense. What the next step would be, adding dynamic hitboxes?

They're already dynamic if you combine shitty netcode with shitty connection.

On 7/25/2019 at 8:09 PM, -Dan- said:

Not to mention how it gives away positions behind doors or thin walls

and getting shot from under the car

I think this is an extraordinarily bad idea. Not that I fault the person who brought it up. It's nothing against them. It's just not thought out very well.

Look.

I know you guys have been playing this game since before you were born. I realize that sentence makes no sense, but forgive my hyperbole for the sake of making a point.

Point is, you know how the game works because you've been playing it since forever. Enter in a new guy. I know they're rare these days, but just hang in there. Imagine they log in for the first time and they start shooting at people in a mission. They're moving all over the damn place. The enemy is jumping and running and moving all over the damn place. What are they going to do? They're going to lead the target. That's what they're going to do. Especially if they're sniping.

And why wouldn't they? Any modern shooter would require you to do that. I haven't played a game like APB where you have to be right on the target since... Hell, I don't even remember. Maybe back in 1995 when I was playing Duke Nukem 3D on a modem. Pretty sure all those old games had a Crosshair Marker Color Change. Reason being so you knew the difference between a Hit and a Miss. It had to be there because the game wasn't actually calculating bullet velocities and all that stuff. Just like APB.

It's a function of the mechanic. You can't get rid of it.

Like I said. I know YOU know you can't lead targets. I know YOU know about Hitboxes vs Character Size. But you've been playing since forever. But assuming this game somehow one day gets a resurgence in playerbase--I doubt it will ever happen, but it might--if you remove this feature then the new players are going to be complaining more than they already do about not being able to kill people: people are cheating, and so forth and so on. And then what? Every day you'll have some new thread pop up, "I CAN'T HIT ANYONE!" And then you'll get the Forum Nazi's flooding those threads every day to explain how the game is supposed to work. And then those guys will start complaining about how every day there's a brand new thread about the same old thing, and that just gives them one more thing to be toxic about.

This is a monumentally bad idea.

The only way you could do it is if you straight up changed the entire Ballistics Code in the game to where the guns are actually shooting bullets and all of that is calculated properly like in any other modern shooter. I wouldn't be opposed to that mind you. But there's a greater chance of a population resurgence happening than that happening.

Edited by Zascha

Sign in to follow this