Sign in to follow this  
Seedy

How do i redact /report?

in the past few weeks or so, I have reported people for what I suspected was hacking. You know what, I am not 100% sure so I want to take back the reports. Can I do that?

I thought people were pre fireing corners when it seemed impossible and a couple of other really dodgy things but I believe there are so few hackers in APB now that I am unlikely to run in to them and as i am doing pretty well now and winning allot more that I used to, if the people i thought were hacking were in fact hacking, then they are doing it so poorly that it isn't worth the time for support to investigate it.

Edited by Seedy

why bother, its doubtful they read reports anyway lol

if they didnt do anything and you reported them falsely, nothing will happen. no consequences except your reports might be treated with less priority/weight.

just be sure to use it not as much in future, despite it feeling satisfying to a degree.

is retract the word you meant?

2 hours ago, Glaciers said:

1000 times this. I've been sending reports for the same players who intentionally afk most missions since LO took over, but they're still able to sign in and waste server slots. There's also a clan dedicated to dethreating that LO seems to ignore. I would think a few months of less than 100 score missions as a max rank golds would be enough to prove players are abusing the threat system.

I think the issue is you have to know offhand that there's a /report command. A new player will just get bored and leave when facing afk players. It really should be placed somewhere on the end game screen where it's easier to access. Yes, players will abuse it, but at least they could hand pick the highest reported players each month or so. They could even have a system in place to ignore players who send in a ridiculous amount of reports.

TBF, I did notice some obvious cheaters were taken care of, but they're the minority compared to the dethreats / afk players.

Edited by SquirrelFace

Hi all,

For the record, we get daily analytics from /report.

We had a different process until June when Easy Anti Cheat launched. 

Now /reports go directly into Easy Anti Cheat and trigger extra client inspection and a number of other items.

The /report system itself is rather complicated. We don't weight additional reports from the same account to the same account. We also reduce the weight of new account reports.

And we reduce the weight of false reports, but over time all reports lose weight and "fall off".

So in Seedy's case, he doesn't need to do a thing. Things will self correct.

With respect to dethreating, griefing, and AFK players, we have struggled.

None of our previous efforts have made much of a difference.

However in the last 2 weeks, we have adopted a new strategy which utilizes a combination of behavior analytics, invisible GM reports, and player reports.

We sent out a significant set of warnings to players violating this policy. Many got a 1 day ban.

That seemed to have a much better impact overall on the issues, so we will stick with that procedure.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

i stand corrected

31 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

For the record, we get daily analytics from /report.

We had a different process until June when Easy Anti Cheat launched. 

Now /reports go directly into Easy Anti Cheat and trigger extra client inspection and a number of other items.

The /report system itself is rather complicated. We don't weight additional reports from the same account to the same account. We also reduce the weight of new account reports.

And we reduce the weight of false reports, but over time all reports lose weight and "fall off".

So in Seedy's case, he doesn't need to do a thing. Things will self correct.

None of our previous efforts have made much of a difference.

However in the last 2 weeks, we have adopted a new strategy which utilizes a combination of behavior analytics, invisible GM reports, and player reports.

We sent out a significant set of warnings to players violating this policy. Many got a 1 day ban.

That seemed to have a much better impact overall on the issues, so we will stick with that procedure.

Thanks,
Matt

Please start with a 7 day ban ONLY for convicted de-threaters (aka they did it multiple times, which should happen rather fast considering that they turn gold fast in bronze). These people need to learn the hard way or leave. Worst scum in the game. 7/30/perma would be lovely, but I know you don't like banning people. So I'm requesting that you at least are a lot more strict with these specific offenders. They are a huge reason of why we get so few new players staying. 

Yes I have irrational disdain for de-threaters

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At least there are some automatic measures now to punish players for in-game atrocities like constant team killing, afking (dethreating usually) during a mission and constant harassment. This is a pretty good system that GamersFirst failed to put in place.

4 hours ago, Glaciers said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

What about Customisation/"Broken" Theme reports?

I have locked the thread as per OP's request.

~@mayii