Sign in to follow this  
foscor77

smart scamming in apb

Its called being manipulated. For your record, people tend to do same thing in real life. It will be lesson for you not to trust anyone, especially people you dont know/in the internet.

I dont find this funny at all

4 hours ago, Glaciers said:

friendly reminder it’s possible to be nice without being a gullible doormat

this sums up everything pretty much.

btw banana is also a nigerian prince

He only spent 30 minutes earning your trust? That's rookie numbers. In eve people infiltrate enemys corps and pretend to be friends for months before they rob them.

I offer legendary doubling service, all you need to do is to send yours and I will send them back in double quantities.

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2019 at 2:01 AM, foscor77 said:

As we got the new trading system and everybody ditched the ghetto 'restrict item' method the scammers have also come up with somewhat more smarter tricks to scam people, one of which me and and some other people i talked to fell for.

So yesterday i was playing missions in jericho silver waterfront and this player lets call 'banana' on my opposition team starts whispering to me about mundane things like gameplay and stuff and from simple game things we branched out to other topics,we talked constantly for about 20-30 minutes about a lot of cool things and it was fun. Then the topic of legend guns came around,  banana said how banana wants to use this gun at least once before this game dies etc etc and i actually give banana the gun and banana disappears.

Ok you might say that im freaking stupid to trust someone who i talked for only 30 minutes but banana seemed like a fun player to play with, i mean we talked a lot and one usually develops a little connection and trust with someone you talk to and find similarities with and i had never thought that someone would do so much planning in a damn game just for scamming. i wish i had voice chat and text records to show you guys how it all went...wait is it possible to retrieve chat record or voice chat record?

anyway if i could describe this incident into three words then it would be - 'playing it cool'.  banana was super chill,played it cool and disappeared like a fucking breeze. Tbh im not mad at this incident but actually feeling comedic, like it really happened....someone behind a screen talked with me pretending to be a good pal to play with, makes me give them my stuff and disappears lol.

i dont think im the only one banana scammed or if its is the only player doing this in game so i submitted a report to LO to look into this player and made this thread for others to know that it happens. i donnu if i'l get my gun back...i hope i does. take whatever you want from this thread and beware.

see ya around.

you fell for a simple confidence game.  They gained your confidence and took something you had.  If you stated and had screenshots of "sure you can borrow this for a few rounds, but I want it back" then you could go to customer service.  But it sounds like you did nothing to secure your own property.

Take your loss like an adult and learn something from it.

Edited by illgot
  • Thanks 1

dont know why people are clowning on OP lmao, it's always been a thing with any type of online social interactions, Like e-whoring or manipulation like @wHisHi said

TLDR: OP is an idiot and gave away his legendary to a rando. There was no scam, no exploit, the idiot just handed it over.

On 7/23/2019 at 11:25 PM, Deadliest said:

u met a random dude for 30mins on the internet, you been played  

And it wasnt even an e-girl. Jesus.

Why is the thread still alive?

@foscor77 mods for whatever reason won't close this unless you ask them to.

Edited by CookiePuss

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Why is the thread still alive?

@foscor77 mods for whatever reason won't close this unless you ask them to.

Oi how are they supposed to learn if they dont get ridiculed to death. Jk I dont care.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:01 AM, foscor77 said:

Ok you might say that im freaking stupid

and i had never thought that someone would do so much planning in a damn game just for scamming

I'm sorry but yes that was quite stupid.

I wouldn't say this is surprising though, this community is filled with people who like to plan way longer formed friendships for the most silly things.

Sign in to follow this