MattScott

July 2019 New Content (for release with the Engine Upgrade)

6 hours ago, Glaciers said:

considering there's only about 8 equipment options aside from role specific stuff (handcuffs/keys/etc) i imagine the intent was to have equipment act similar to the rest of apb, with different team members having different strengths

upping equipment to 5 slots wouldnt really affect that other than allowing smaller teams to have "optimal setups"

honestly if it were up to me i'd revamp the equipment system and its effects on objectives entirely because atm its almost as much of a nonfactor as the open world activities 

Guess you were one of those people that wanted g1 to "delete the 4th mod slot" .

9 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Guess you were one of those people that wanted g1 to "delete the 4th mod slot" .

revamp =/= delete 

but character mods don’t suffer from the same issue as equipment anyway

On 7/24/2019 at 12:17 PM, Sadira said:

Finally, a counter to car gameplay. Really looking forward to EMP. 🙂

emp nade > disables car > booom

On 8/1/2019 at 1:36 PM, Zolerox said:

emp

emp-grenade.jpg

It's gonna be a bumpy ride

(from the newsletter)

Now i can cosplay as thatcher from R6 xD

• Like 1

I have been waiting for this post over 8 years of playing this broken game, hopefully you fix them bugs and start nerf weapons.

I like how so many people complain about OCA being "op". Have you played Fight Club EU  last week? Pmgs everywhere and it's far more annoying than when everyone is running with ocas.

Would be nice if Matt would answer my question's. If you can matt, can you, thanks.

#1 are you guys still planning to expand the two main districts and add more environment changes?

#2 Are you planning to add HQ bloom settings similar to RTW/early steam release, and make it optional in the visual/graphic menu?

#3 what are the odds of bringing back the old threat system, which made the game more fun

#4 any change of any rain and snow in the future/engine upgrade?

#5 also, i have some ideas that would help with #1, i was planning to make a video about it,  would you like me to do those videos and give you an idea/photos, etc

thanks .

On 8/6/2019 at 8:55 PM, LAPDAlonso said:

#5 also, i have some ideas that would help with #1, i was planning to make a video about it,  would you like me to do those videos and give you an idea/photos, etc

I do kinda wonder if the custom Unreal 3 engine for APB supports code for weather changes. Rainy/Stormy/Foggy weather in APB would be neat, not to mention snow.

Edited by Haganu
i mean the upgraded engine

38 minutes ago, Haganu said:

I do kinda wonder if the custom Unreal 3 engine for APB supports code for weather changes. Rainy/Stormy/Foggy weather in APB would be neat, not to mention snow.

i doubt it, considering there wasnt even a day/night cycle rtw probably would have had to code weather effects from scratch

ue3.5 might tho

Edited by Glaciers
typo

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

i doubt it, considering there wasnt even a day/night cycle rtw probably would have had to code weather effects from scratch

ue3.5 might tho

There was custom code for weather i think but it was limited to stuff like Overcast and Foggy as i recall.

Emp granades are not only a shoity idea that will break the game... they actually look like shit lol.

Keep going guys, the pit is really near 🤣

9 minutes ago, DragonKnight said:

Emp granades are not only a shoity idea that will break the game

can you elaborate?

14 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

can you elaborate?

You are not new... think of it.

Heck.. every new content from idiots will end the same way.

Do you know how i feel about apb? Like if you are forced to look very loved family member corpse being practiced an autopsy and the guy doing the work has a cronic parkinson.

23 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Pretty sure APB was one of the earlier games which did in fact feature a day-night-cycle. Even though it was only a rudimentary, custom implementation made by RTW.

I'm not sure if G1's fog implementation was tacked onto the time-system, but it could be considered a very simplistic weather-system.

2 hours ago, Glaciers said:

can you elaborate?

Back in early G1 days there was a random chance for the day to be foggy, overcast, or clear.  So on random days the sky would be grey and cloudy and the fog would be more prominent.  I think it also effected the shaders to make them more grey.  This stayed in the game for a pretty short amount of time.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

3 hours ago, DragonKnight said:

Heck.. every new content from idiots will end the same way.

Do you know how i feel about apb? Like if you are forced to look very loved family member corpse being practiced an autopsy and the guy doing the work has a cronic parkinson.

If you do have a reason the EMP grenade is a bad idea, please share it. LO reads these threads and any problem would be easier to deal with now vs after the EMP nades have been introduced. 

4 hours ago, DragonKnight said:

so that's a no

good talk chief