MattScott

July 2019 New Content (for release with the Engine Upgrade)

How the new badges for ranks is does looks

Edited by Machine659

4 hours ago, Boba said:

the .45 sucks man, like really sucks

You take that back you silly person!!!

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Are you high? The Nano is significantly more accurate. Sure, the FBW's base accuracy is slightly better, but as it fires it quickly blooms out. Meanwhile, the Nano remains unchanged even at full auto. That difference causes a vast difference in consistency, which is why the Nano inevitably beats out the FBW over the long term.

It's similar to the comparison of OCA and PMG. OCA will consistently kill slower, but PMG has the potential to get faster kills if all the shots land.

i’m back to wondering if we even play the same game

Some thoughts from ya boy to keep this thread going :

Strife :

There's two types of "fair"  : fair on paper and feeling fair.
The SG-21 being able to oneshot Fragile users is not really fair on paper, but due to the cumbersome nature of the weapon it still feels fair to face.
I don't understand why we're nerfing a weapon based on Fragile, which has been underperforming since its release. I'd rather see Fragile buffed.

JG , CSG :

Not sure why they need completely redesigned from scratch AGAIN.
I'd like to see the current LIVE versions get tighter pellet spread to start off with. Althought that might make Improved Rifling too good, would still be a boon to their consistency problems

NFAS-12 :

Making such a sweeping change doesn't bode well. It is true that you can very easily 3shot someone even by grazing them with a few pellets while landing one/two accurate shots, so I'd like to see the pellet scaling gutted in order to make graze shots far less rewarding instead of seeing the weapon be gutted

ACT, RSA :

Doesn't matter how hard you wreck the RFP - these guns have a variety of issues that keep them from being a worthy pick

The RSA has extremely pitiful damage for its long TTK and non pinpoint accuracy, which makes it nigh impossible to use against Clotting Agent 3 & Kevlar 1 users.

The ACT *feels* fairly inaccurate at longer ranges, and with its TTK being not competitive in CQC or even mid range, people find it's just not worth picking most of the time.

RFP-9 :

Opinion : the RFP-9 should not be looked at as a long range secondary.

It was designed to be an extremely high power close range weapon.
For that purpose, it works fairly well - the 8 stk makes it rather easy to get consistent kills in CQC, perhaps a slight damage nerf to reduce overdamage is still in order?

While this weapon in particular has ALWAYS been an issue in regards to balancing, the current series of events has been kickstarted by its 10m drop off range buff. I suggest reverting its range to 30m, possibly coupling it with a slight damage nerf, and see what happens from there.

EDIT : For the 'Fang' specifically, I suggest swapping out Improved Rifling 3 for a lower level of the mod, possiblly 1

Your planned changes would make every RFP that isn't the "Fang" useless.

Edited by Nitronik
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Machine659 said:

How the new badges for ranks is does looks

Assuming Little Orbit doesn't go off the rails and create all new icons, this reference sheet has all the icons as they were planned prior to Little Orbit taking over.

0c7cd2a9e7eedff290f4b58b52dd2c47.jpg

Would be cool if @MattScott could confirm one way or the other on this, too.

6 hours ago, Glaciers said:

i’m back to wondering if we even play the same game

I sometimes wonder the same thing. It's a curious state of mind.

8 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Assuming Little Orbit doesn't go off the rails and create all new icons, this reference sheet has all the icons as they were planned prior to Little Orbit taking over.

i cant wait to have stormtrooper and cat in the hat as rank icons

here's hoping we don't get sued

Sad that the mongoose and snake are the ugliest rank symbols on the list. 

7 hours ago, Nitronik said:

Some thoughts from ya boy to keep this thread going :

Strife :

There's two types of "fair"  : fair on paper and feeling fair.
The SG-21 being able to oneshot Fragile users is not really fair on paper, but due to the cumbersome nature of the weapon it still feels fair to face.
I don't understand why we're nerfing a weapon based on Fragile, which has been underperforming since its release. I'd rather see Fragile buffed.

JG , CSG :

Not sure why they need completely redesigned from scratch AGAIN.
I'd like to see the current LIVE versions get tighter pellet spread to start off with. Althought that might make Improved Rifling too good, would still be a boon to their consistency problems

NFAS-12 :

Making such a sweeping change doesn't bode well. It is true that you can very easily 3shot someone even by grazing them with a few pellets while landing one/two accurate shots, so I'd like to see the pellet scaling gutted in order to make graze shots far less rewarding instead of seeing the weapon be gutted

ACT, RSA :

Doesn't matter how hard you wreck the RFP - these guns have a variety of issues that keep them from being a worthy pick

The RSA has extremely pitiful damage for its long TTK and non pinpoint accuracy, which makes it nigh impossible to use against Clotting Agent 3 & Kevlar 1 users.

The ACT *feels* fairly inaccurate at longer ranges, and with its TTK being not competitive in CQC or even mid range, people find it's just not worth picking most of the time.

RFP-9 :

Opinion : the RFP-9 should not be looked at as a long range secondary.

It was designed to be an extremely high power close range weapon.
For that purpose, it works fairly well - the 8 stk makes it rather easy to get consistent kills in CQC, perhaps a slight damage nerf to reduce overdamage is still in order?

While this weapon in particular has ALWAYS been an issue in regards to balancing, the current series of events has been kickstarted by its 10m drop off range buff. I suggest reverting its range to 30m, possibly coupling it with a slight damage nerf, and see what happens from there.

EDIT : For the 'Fang' specifically, I suggest swapping out Improved Rifling 3 for a lower level of the mod, possiblly 1

Your planned changes would make every RFP that isn't the "Fang" useless.

God damn it, Nitronik's at it again being right!

I will say that a spread reduction to the JG and CSG is not what they need, as it's actually the range itself that fucks these two guns over. Note that the CSG has less spread than before LO touched it but it still cannot reach out to even close to as far ranges as before.

12 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

God damn it, Nitronik's at it again being right!

I will say that a spread reduction to the JG and CSG is not what they need, as it's actually the range itself that fucks these two guns over. Note that the CSG has less spread than before LO touched it but it still cannot reach out to even close to as far ranges as before.

So you want to make it go to choice for cqc. It's already immortal at the corners. The firerate on paper is slower than oca, but practically because of oca being rng ppl always land a 2nd shot before oca player kills them and it's a lethal in 90% situations.

I'm glad that they want to make it more skill celling and less forgiving as it is now. Maybe I'll even get my faith in LO back and my friends will come back when they see that jg+rfp meta is gone

Edited by Lign

25 minutes ago, Lign said:

So you want to make it go to choice for cqc. It's already immortal at the corners. The firerate on paper is slower than oca, but practically because of oca being rng ppl always land a 2nd shot before oca player kills them and it's a lethal in 90% situations.

I'm glad that they want to make it more skill celling and less forgiving as it is now. Maybe I'll even get my faith in LO back and my friends will come back when they see that jg+rfp meta is gone

As it is, shotguns are meh at best, IDK what your issue is. SMGs have more range, are more reliable, and are far easier than the JG and CSG, so why would I use a JG or CSG?

I really wouldn't call either the JG or CSG forgiving in any way ATM.

As for whether or not there's a JG meta right now, I'll admit I haven't played in a little bit, but given that the JG is objectively worse than before LO touched it, and nobody used it before that. . . I don't see how that would make any sense.

Edited by Kewlin

11 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

As it is, shotguns are meh at best, IDK what your issue is. SMGs have more range, are more reliable, and are far easier than the JG and CSG, so why would I use a JG or CSG?

I really wouldn't call either the JG or CSG forgiving in any way ATM.

As for whether or not there's a JG meta right now, I'll admit I haven't played in a little bit, but given that the JG is objectively worse than before LO touched it, and nobody used it before that. . . I don't see how that would make any sense.

You don’t need range when you don’t see a shotgun user because he’s hiding behind the corner. Increasing jg and csg range will make them even more immortal, because there will no way to get to their corner before dying. The current forgiving pellet mechanic makes you able to miss half of the shot and still able to two shot because first pellets that hits an enemy do 50% damage of the whole shot. Basically every silver now can two shot. And good player outplay in the way that you can’t hit him once or tag him up to half hp at the corners because you’re forced to shoot to the pixel that you see when he picks the corner 

No wonder why top tier players banned any shotgun on arranged matches.

how can you even say that smg  is easier when if you miss your tracking against jg user you will die in the current reality when at the same time jg doesn’t require tracking skill, you just wait for the enemy running into your crosshair. It's just too rewarded for a gun with forgiving mechanic

Edited by Lign

@MattScott You know, the more I think about it the more I just simply can't understand. You're going to put dev time into consumables, but you aren't going to fix the core issue with them that sits above all other issues with them. The fact that they're a limited resource that favors hoarding instead of actually using so that you never run out. Not to mention the constant fucking mail spam when you reach the limit, or get them as rewards from Fight Club / RIOT / events, etc.

Why not just convert them into proper activated mods like the existing orange ones? Give them appropriate cooldowns, and limit their usability where necessary (like removing the large ammo crate and instead keeping the medium ammo briefcase). This way, they're no longer something that only veterans with thousands of matches under their belts can use. New players basically never get them dropped, and thus run out of them in only a handful of matches, leaving them at a disadvantage.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hexerin said:

@MattScott You know, the more I think about it the more I just simply can't understand. You're going to put dev time into consumables, but you aren't going to fix the core issue with them that sits above all other issues with them. The fact that they're a limited resource that favors hoarding instead of actually using so that you never run out. Not to mention the constant fucking mail spam when you reach the limit, or get them as rewards from Fight Club / RIOT / events, etc.

Why not just convert them into proper activated mods like the existing orange ones? Give them appropriate cooldowns, and limit their usability where necessary (like removing the large ammo crate and instead keeping the medium ammo briefcase). This way, they're no longer something that only veterans with thousands of matches under their belts can use. New players basically never get them dropped, and thus run out of them in only a handful of matches, leaving them at a disadvantage.

Don't forget that it drops more often with premium.

9 minutes ago, Lign said:

Don't forget that it drops more often with premium.

is this confirmed, because prem description doesnt say anything about random mission rewards

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

is this confirmed, because prem description doesnt say anything about random mission rewards

I tested many times, maybe it's just my luck but I played for a week 20-25 mission per day and only 4-7 missions per day rewarded me a consumable without premium. With premium each 2nd mission rewards me  consumable. Even if you look at the amount of consumables of popular streamers with premium, you will notice all of them have maximum amount of each consumable when streamers without premium barely hits one hundred on ammo boxes

Edited by Lign

7 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

Considering it's literally one of the selling points described on the thing, yea. Dunno if it still mentions it on the current ARMAS page, but it used to.

15 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Considering it's literally one of the selling points described on the thing, yea. Dunno if it still mentions it on the current ARMAS page, but it used to.

i don't remember random mission rewards ever being effected by premium

APB-2012-02-06-15-33-27-68.gif

Game+Tips+And+More+Screenshot+-+APB+2011

46 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i don't remember random mission rewards ever being effected by premium

I must be misremembering where it was stated. I do know that it is an officially confirmed thing, though.

Ultimately it's not like it really matters. Even with the buff, you still can't maintain full stores of consumables through any means if you constantly use them.

10 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Ultimately it's not like it really matters. Even with the buff, you still can't maintain full stores of consumables through any means if you constantly use them.

I've often heard "might as well make them a mod, I have more than I'll be able to use anyways". 

This is the first time I've heard the opposite.

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I've often heard "might as well make them a mod, I have more than I'll be able to use anyways". 

This is the first time I've heard the opposite.

it goes both ways and it’s based primarily on rank - low rank players have too many other random mission rewards competing with consumables so they can’t collect enough to use on the regular, and high/max rank players generally have unlocked all the other random mission rewards so they get drowned with only consumables 

its an annoying mechanic either way, there’s not much reason to leave consumables as limited especially since it looks like orbit is willing to actively balance them

4 hours ago, Lign said:

You don’t need range when you don’t see a shotgun user because he’s hiding behind the corner. Increasing jg and csg range will make them even more immortal, because there will no way to get to their corner before dying. The current forgiving pellet mechanic makes you able to miss half of the shot and still able to two shot because first pellets that hits an enemy do 50% damage of the whole shot. Basically every silver now can two shot. And good player outplay in the way that you can’t hit him once or tag him up to half hp at the corners because you’re forced to shoot to the pixel that you see when he picks the corner 

No wonder why top tier players banned any shotgun on arranged matches.

how can you even say that smg  is easier when if you miss your tracking against jg user you will die in the current reality when at the same time jg doesn’t require tracking skill, you just wait for the enemy running into your crosshair. It's just too rewarded for a gun with forgiving mechanic

I feel like you're not aware of the fact that the pellets required to 2-shot within optimal range with the JG only went down by one per shot, which is still 7/12 pellets. . . Given that the JG has under half the range such that it does minimum damage at a range where the old JG did full damage per pellet, the gun's simply not as good anymore.

Oh, and it only does 85 damage the first pellet.

The JG hasn't been meta for ages, the PMG and OCA are better. I don't get how you think the JG takes zero skill to hit with and SMGs require some magical god level aim to beat the JG, as neither of these are true. If you do truly simply wait for the enemy to run into your crosshair you'll get out TTKed virtually every time by a PMG or OCA, and I do mean.

Oh, and the CSG is simply so bad now it's not even part of the discussion TBH.

If you want more information on the current status of shotgun stats, please check the thread about shotguns in my sig.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I've often heard "might as well make them a mod, I have more than I'll be able to use anyways". This is the first time I've heard the opposite.

If I were to actually use my consumables instead of only selectively using them at the most secure/necessary of times, I'd burn through my current stockpile in a month at most. Then I'd go missions at a time without having access to them, since anytime I gained any they would just instantly be consumed inside a single mission. Probably the biggest contributor to this fact is that only half of the consumables are actually useful in real play.

• Any mission that rewards a Boom Box or Epinephrine is basically like I got nothing at all.
  • Satchel Charge has niche use, but is ultimately just filler to be used while waiting for the better options.
  • Mobile Cover is pretty good when camping rooftops, but useless in enclosed areas.
  • Resupply Box (Large) is universally amazing, and always the preferred mission reward drop.
  • Med Spray is basically god tier.
Edited by Hexerin

9 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

If I were to actually use my consumables instead of only selectively using them at the most secure/necessary of times, I'd burn through my current stockpile in a month at most. Then I'd go missions at a time without having access to them, since anytime I gained any they would just instantly be consumed inside a single mission. Probably the biggest contributor to this fact is that only half of the consumables are actually useful in real play.

• Any mission that rewards a Boom Box or Epinephrine is basically like I got nothing at all.
  • Satchel Charge has niche use, but is ultimately just filler to be used while waiting for the better options.
  • Mobile Cover is pretty good when camping rooftops, but useless in enclosed areas.
  • Resupply Box (Large) is universally amazing, and always the preferred mission reward drop.
  • Med Spray is basically god tier.

We have very different styles of play, but I now see what you mean. 

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

remember that line of text while entering districts? it says it in one of those.

if people load too fast they wont see it though

4 hours ago, Kewlin said:

I feel like you're not aware of the fact that the pellets required to 2-shot within optimal range with the JG only went down by one per shot, which is still 7/12 pellets. . . Given that the JG has under half the range such that it does minimum damage at a range where the old JG did full damage per pellet, the gun's simply not as good anymore.

Oh, and it only does 85 damage the first pellet.

The JG hasn't been meta for ages, the PMG and OCA are better. I don't get how you think the JG takes zero skill to hit with and SMGs require some magical god level aim to beat the JG, as neither of these are true. If you do truly simply wait for the enemy to run into your crosshair you'll get out TTKed virtually every time by a PMG or OCA, and I do mean.

Oh, and the CSG is simply so bad now it's not even part of the discussion TBH.

If you want more information on the current status of shotgun stats, please check the thread about shotguns in my sig.

It feels you’re a guy who doesn’t play the game at all and just sits at forums relying on weapon stats that is on paper shows the exact different results comparing to the reality. JG doesn’t need range at all. Every fight that happens in cqc is always in its effective range and don’t forget how good it is at the corners. I play jg sometime and it’s disgusting that my opponent has no chance against me, no matter how good he is he can’t tag me at all because I hardly use corners. Asking for the increased range on jg is the same if ppl would ask for more range on ntec because it can’t beat obeya or obir after 65m

2b8fe95041e6107431bf37583836d8fc.png

7894162625b56a0d47bb6baeb110616d.png

Matt has a proper vision on the current gameplay in cqc, I believe spct is doing good job.

Edited by Lign