MattScott

July 2019 New Content (for release with the Engine Upgrade)

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Just look at the history ull find that there arent any riot matches being played.

because riot sucks

10 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

because riot sucks

It doesnt suck but in its current form it does need work. It would also be better if the APB issues like hitreg were fixed as well

You guys are atrocious adding another shot to kill for the ogre really? Why can’t this be reverted? to what the ogre used to be before you guys bought this company

On 7/23/2019 at 10:06 PM, SkittyM said:

Hell yeah, OCA nerf!

Hell yeah everything got nerfed since Beta. What fucking weapon won't be nerfed next? N-tec ?! Hahaha please... this game is a joke now. If there is anything that should be nerfed is the amount of updates they make for worthless results. Make everything fast ttk like Beta and it is balanced. Get good and may the best player win... psh when I see people happy over nerfs lol... sad. I would prefer seeing reworks

26 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

It doesnt suck but in its current form it does need work. It would also be better if the APB issues like hitreg were fixed as well

it objectively sucks lol, even the devs said its not good

All the changes sound great! I don't really understand the whole "limit inventory access thing" as changing weapons in this game is a pretty essential part of the game, but I think what really should be limited is the amount of ammo you can restock if you switch weapons. Likewise, you should only be able to restock 2 grenades per ammo box (whether it be mobile supply unit, field supplier, etc).

Also, you guys should really look at reworking grenades pretty soon. The meta has, for years, been centered around spamming nades around corners to greatly weaken the enemy, and in some cases just to get easy kills on enemies. Nade spam shouldn't be so rewarding imo.. Perhaps you could start with nerfing the number of grenades you can carry globally by -1 (ignoring 8 ball and brick obviously). Then from there, maybe adjusting damages slightly? IDK but they definitely should be looked into.

Otherwise, I'm really excited for the update. I'll definitely be coming back to the game when that releases. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

All the changes sound great! I don't really understand the whole "limit inventory access thing" as changing weapons in this game is a pretty essential part of the game, but I think what really should be limited is the amount of ammo you can restock if you switch weapons. Likewise, you should only be able to restock 2 grenades per ammo box (whether it be mobile supply unit, field supplier, etc).

Also, you guys should really look at reworking grenades pretty soon. The meta has, for years, been centered around spamming nades around corners to greatly weaken the enemy, and in some cases just to get easy kills on enemies. Nade spam shouldn't be so rewarding imo.. Perhaps you could start with nerfing the number of grenades you can carry globally by -1 (ignoring 8 ball and brick obviously). Then from there, maybe adjusting damages slightly? IDK but they definitely should be looked into.

Otherwise, I'm really excited for the update. I'll definitely be coming back to the game when that releases. 🙂

aside from low yields grenades are pretty well balanced, if you're going to sit directly on a corner for 5s then you probably deserve to lose that health chunk

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

aside from low yields grenades are pretty well balanced

Reduce held count by one. Congrats, Low Yields are now perfectly balanced. Shortened fuse time and better throwing arc, at the cost of reduced damage.

46 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

if you're going to sit directly on a corner for 5s then you probably deserve to lose that health chunk

Especially considering you can hear them cooking the nade thanks to the distinctive beeping.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Reduce held count by one. Congrats, Low Yields are now perfectly balanced. Shortened fuse time and better throwing arc, at the cost of reduced damage.

that would still leave them as better frags so not really balanced, 175 damage doesnt matter if its still a 2 grenade kill

looking good, though

"Strife - The Strife currently suffers from an insanely high TTK, not just by CQC standards, but by weapon standards overall. This is the only shotgun to remain a 2 STK, but the damage has been reduced with the fragile modification in mind, removing the ability to kill users of that mod with one shot. The fire interval has also been greatly decreased to 0.9 seconds, though this may be subject to further change if deemed necessary."

makes me sad, I really enjoyed my 1 shot fragile hits 😞

On 7/24/2019 at 3:24 PM, Glaciers said:

i wonder a lot if everyone is playing the same game 

Maybe you can educate me about other secondaries that can outplay those stated and the scenarios needed for such a case? I'm genuinely interested. I have no idea how this community thinks since I can see downvotes being spammed on comments of different opinions without reason nor evidence of another case being true.

2 minutes ago, Boba said:

Maybe you can educate me about other secondaries that can outplay those stated and the scenarios needed for such a case? I'm genuinely interested. I have no idea how this community thinks since I can see downvotes being spammed on comments of different opinions without reason nor evidence of another case being true.

the nano isnt a top tier anything, unless ur running an all ltl team i guess

47 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

that would still leave them as better frags so not really balanced, 175 damage doesnt matter if its still a 2 grenade kill

So you aren't interested in making them balanced, you just want them made useless and/or outright removed from the game. Gotcha.

11 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

So you aren't interested in making them balanced, you just want them made useless and/or outright removed from the game. Gotcha.

just removing a grenade wouldnt do much to balance their gameplay effectiveness

lowering damage to 495 and reducing radius to 5m would balance low yields by turning them into the perc/frag hybrid they were intended to be

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

the nano isnt a top tier anything, unless ur running an all ltl team i guess

30m effective range

super good accuracy

no bloom

no need to learn clicking intervals

1.05 ttk

incredibly low firing sound

1.2 sec reload time, which is relatively very low in secondaries

a clip can take out 2 enemies easily

very easy to use while hugging others in cqc and also does pretty damn good in longer ranges upto 30m as the accuracy is very good

only downside is the equip time, but at this point it's nearly a primary weapon.

compare those specs to other secondaries other than the ones I stated before and you'd realize there is not much left to use other than those 3 secondary weps.

1 hour ago, Boba said:

Nano is objectively worse than the FBW, and the .45 AP, the RFPs, and possibly even the Frog series. This is why it's never ever seen in high level play. It trades usefulness for ease of operation. A good gun for new players or those unable to click a mouse, but it is decidedly sub meta. 

20 minutes ago, Boba said:

30m effective range

super good accuracy

no bloom

no need to learn clicking intervals

1.05 ttk

incredibly low firing sound

1.2 sec reload time, which is relatively very low in secondaries

a clip can take out 2 enemies easily

very easy to use while hugging others in cqc and also does pretty damn good in longer ranges upto 30m as the accuracy is very good

only downside is the equip time, but at this point it's nearly a primary weapon.

compare those specs to other secondaries other than the ones I stated before and you'd realize there is not much left to use other than those 3 secondary weps.

im pretty sure most people would agree that the nano is a secondary version of the condor, a gun with a low skill floor and a low skill ceiling

given that the fbw has better accuracy, a shorter ttk, requires less stk, a faster equip time, and a similar kills:mag ratio all in exchange for slight bloom i find it odd you feel the nano is so much better as to be op - the need to learn proper fire rate isnt a real downside, especially not when several other weapons require the same skill

tbh now that we have both showstopper variants i wouldnt even list nano as top 5, let alone top 3

• Thanks 1

If the nano didn't have a five year equip time it might be useable, but it's just bad. I love the Nano to death, in fact it's one of my favorite secondaries, but it just sucks.

Personally I'd keep the century long equip time and buff the other aspects, but the nano is like having a second primary, except said second primary is worse than other secondaries.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:31 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

My July blog is up here:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/7/23/content-update

We've talked a lot about the Engine Upgrade, and even though I know many players are excited, I don't feel like a visual and performance update is enough to get players excited about the future of APB. So this month I'm revealing a lot of our new content plans for the main game.

julycontacts.png

NOTE: A lot of the design elements are subject to change as they are still in development.

Feel free to leave feedback in the comments below.

Thanks,
Matt

Any updates or fixes for xbox?  (Haven't been on here due to wifi being out. At the library rn but Im leaving in a bit)

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Blowtorch is actually extremely easy to fix. First, swap the repair rates of Blowtorch and GA5 stations. Second, remove the damage delay from GA5 stations. Congratulations, you've fixed the mod and also made GA5 stations important tactical locations at the same time. Sidenote, Blowtorch's active duration might need to be increased so that it can still fully repair the beefier cars at its slower rate.

Mobile Spawner needs so much work, it'd probably be easier to just remove it entirely and be done with it. At the very least though, it needs to have the additional restriction that it cannot function if it's within 150m of the objective. This prevents spawn cars sitting on/inside the objective location, while also preventing snipers from spawning with instant line of sight on the objective.

Remote Detonator simply needs to be outright removed. It's a terrible mod that is actively detrimental to the game's health. There is no actual legitimate argument to be had in its favor, and no way to have it actually be balanced without making it completely useless. Definition of a negative binary mechanic.

High Burn Fuel shouldn't remove vehicle explosions like it currently does, instead it should just cut their damage in half. Basically making it the reverse effect of the similar Explosives mod.

I agreee to all of this, even the 150M spawns. The current 100M spawn distance is too short when objectives are placed along streets.

24 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

If the nano didn't have a five year equip time it might be useable, but it's just bad. I love the Nano to death, in fact it's one of my favorite secondaries, but it just sucks.

Personally I'd keep the century long equip time and buff the other aspects, but the nano is like having a second primary, except said second primary is worse than other secondaries.

Make it the same as the FBW. They both perform about the same in most situations. Other secondaries could use a slight buff, like less recoil on the N-FA 9 and 10% better base accuracy for the ACT44 and Monte series.

Edited by SquirrelFace
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Make it the same as the FBW. 

That's not how balance works. 

55 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

That's not how balance works. 

I meant draw time. Than again, we can't balance things when the hitreg is nonexistent. I haven't seen hitreg this bad since Joker existed.

• Like 1

I hope these items we unlock from the new contacts(vehicle and clothes)look cool cause the last one was kinda meh(i mean from Alleta Cadagan specially the car)