CookiePuss

This made me happy enough that I made this thread.

Well the cheaters make me sick every day I play this game we all love apb but I hope they’ll active the new anti cheat because the only reason this game was dead before is cheaters and I believe the new manager is doing great finely the game will get a real chance

The lag is what the issue is for me, I'm fine vsing cheaters because it's just a mission of getting decked and then afterward I can just go back to playing, while when the servers are lagging, I can't play AT ALL.

I want to post something concerning the length of time testing can take (for posting's sake I guess), but I don't want to get in trouble for spreading false hope/despair if someone (or a lot of someones) take my words without a grain of salt. Not like I know the specifics anyway.

But! I am happy to know that development's done.

Just now, ScarecrowXIII said:

I want to post something concerning the length of time testing can take (for posting's sake I guess), but I don't want to get in trouble for spreading false hope/despair if someone (or a lot of someones) take my words without a grain of salt. Not like I know the specifics anyway.

But! I am happy to know that development's done.

I think you'd be ok doing that, would more or less be echoing what Matt said.

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I think you'd be ok doing that, would more or less be echoing what Matt said.

Hmm, I was wondering what would happen if a non-technical person heard me say "Oh? That'll only take a couples days, woo-hoo!" or "Testing? Damn, that's gonna be a few weeks to a month then..." and then takes my word as gospel simply because I SEEM to know a little more than them.

When the two week rumor was going around, I kinda hoped that was true. To be fair, all that was official at that point was that it was 75% (or was it 90%?) done. So I had it in my head that'd I'd be unbanned sometime this week lol.

Edited by ScarecrowXIII

Pretty sure regular server maintenance is today, was sort of thinking that they may use that chance to implement BattleEye. It could also be a good opportunity to post a blogpost giving a brief update or doing something extra with the servers to mitigate DDOSing. 

Edited by AgentWatson

Just now, AgentWatson said:

Pretty sure regular server maintenance is today, was sort of thinking that they may use that chance to implement BattleEye, but it could also be a good opportunity to post a blogpost giving a brief update or doing something extra with the servers to mitigate DDOSing. 

Based on what Matt said, and when he said it, I doubt it, seems unrealistic that they've finished fixing bugs and re-tested everything enough already to be implementing it today.

1 minute ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Based on what Matt said, and when he said it, I doubt it, seems unrealistic that they've finished fixing bugs and re-tested everything enough already to be implementing it today.

Huh..? I'm not under the assumption that BattleEye would be implemented today, I crushed that expectation days ago. 

1 minute ago, AgentWatson said:

Huh..? I'm not under the assumption that BattleEye would be implemented today, I crushed that expectation days ago. 

I sort of had a feeling that you had but that wasn't clear, sorry.

Just now, NiVaKi said:

wont be implemented today for sure.

Yeah, he literally says he doesnt have a date for it.

I half-wish I was ignorant to this whole situation so that I wouldn't be waiting on it. Just hit me with an email that says "Oh hey! You're un-banned, come play!"

I really hope the best, but honestly, they have underestimated a lot. in fact 3 things already:

The cheaters as visible in OP.

The ticket flood, which extended past their expectations.

And the forum behavior, which led them to delay the GM recruitment annoucnement.

Now I hope they have not underestimated the other technical parts of APB, especially in regards to the engine upgrade and serve rperformance/lag fixes.

GL with the testing LO.

You're trying to farm likes for your rep! I know your schemes by now, Cookie

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Archon said:

Don't worry, at some point some members will start a like farming madness and then the system will be removed as G1 did it. It's just one of these nice things in the "we can't have nice things" section.

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

I really hope the best, but honestly, they have underestimated a lot. in fact 3 things already:

The cheaters as visible in OP.

The ticket flood, which extended past their expectations.

And the forum behavior, which led them to delay the GM recruitment annoucnement.

Now I hope they have not underestimated the other technical parts of APB, especially in regards to the engine upgrade and serve rperformance/lag fixes.

GL with the testing LO.

They underestimated a lot in regard to APB and its community, last night reconfirms that highly.

40 minutes ago, Archon said:

iZJjJXQ.gif

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

16 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

Don't worry, at some point some members will start a like farming madness and then the system will be removed as G1 did it. It's just one of these nice things in the "we can't have nice things" section.

Wait, we still had likes on the old forums though.

38 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

iZJjJXQ.gif

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Wait, we still had likes on the old forums though.

yes, but we also in the past of the pasts pasts had a like counter which after a high abuse was removed.