Sign in to follow this  
Poperon

For the sake of Dumptrucking nostalgia

TheJellyGoo brought up this video on the thread about Phasing, and man... the feels. Just here to state that Griefing is plain cancerous and stupid at first, but look how much fun it was; even Summit was having a good laugh.

Having someone blocking your path during missions could be outrageous, but that also would make us think about other methods or paths to complete a mission, and forge us into better tacticians.

Having a "special dumptrucker" designed to screw you up was not fun at all, but i surely had blasts of fun/giggles after being hit randomly by a dumptruck that was roaming the city while in a mission.

Exploding random cars into the walls, seeing someone behind a car (maybe out of mission, or not?) and "gently knocking" the trunk and getting them dead... Priceless.

Griefing was stupid, but surely a good laughable part of APB. I miss those days where we were all "unregulated" by the antigrief policy, and driving around San Paro banging songs like Gimme That Punk, things we don't have and we probably will never have again. Retardation was a fun part of APB. It at least imho, was one of the cool parts of retardation.

The real point of this thread: Nostalgia doesn't need any reasons. Bye!

• Like 2

there is no other game where you can have this type of random fun.

hence why are all still here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

griefing isn’t going anywhere 

although it does seem that orbit is tightening up ingame moderation of it a little bit

extender griefing is bullsh|t but running in to someone on the way past just for spite is satisfying.

• Thanks 1

Relentless griefing like this is just smart, but a little bit of it here and there I don't really see much of a problem with.  Like going for a run with a dump truck as long as you aren't targeting anyone specific.  I don't think LO has really been too strict on griefing, the worst I've heard of them doing to a griefer was kicking CH3V to force him out of a dump truck he was using to block Double B's garage for like, hours.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Poperon said:

Griefing was stupid, but surely a good laughable part of APB. I miss those days where we were all "unregulated" by the antigrief policy, and driving around San Paro banging songs like Gimme That Punk, things we don't have and we probably will never have again. Retardation was a fun part of APB. It at least imho, was one of the cool parts of retardation.

We still drive around playing that song in the dumptruck lol

as for griefing itself , driving around and randomly running into cars for the sake of driving around is about the same as a pioneer going through

blocking a road we can just go around but the ones who got in trouble blocked the car spawns at contacts ( in some cases for a couple hours) to where no one could get out which is a big no no

there will always be randoms driving through smashing things up in their way no matter what vehicle it is.

its when someone trys to intentionally ruin peoples gameplay to where the game is unplayable that gets them into trouble.

• Thanks 1

All depends on what kind of game you want to make, and how frustrated you want to allow players to feel. 

Also as I understand it, the plan for 3.5  is that once in a mission you will pass right through any player driven vehicles not in the same mission. 

So there's that. 

Edited by CookiePuss

56 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

All depends on what kind of game you want to make, and how frustrated you want to allow players to feel. 

Also as I understand it, the plan for 3.5  is that once in a mission you will pass right through any player driven vehicles not in the same mission. 

So there's that. 

thats dumb. might as well remove seeing players at all with that sort of idea and make a new game lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Member when there was no limit of 4 dumptrucks, they accelerated faster, and would actually explode you instead of pushing.

? I thought the only point of phasing was switching to the district where the match happens and not that we phase through each other.

And if, I don't actually see how this sort of phasing won't lead to griefing at all, Sure you cannot block an objective anymore. but one your still visually troll others pretty hard. Imagine someone cover dumptrucks another player that you now cannot see anymore.

So i hope we will not get this change as well, and maybe as an experimental one later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

Imagine someone cover dumptrucks another player that you now cannot see anymore.

Interesting point, though you should at least still be able to see the red name.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

So there's that. 

this will ruin the game. This can not be implemented.

Being hit by another car on another mission is frustrating sometimes but this is APB and this is part of the game play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Seedy said:

this will ruin the game. This can not be implemented.

Being hit by another car on another mission is frustrating sometimes but this is APB and this is part of the game play.

I personally would be in favor of this change. 

Nothing worse than being fucked over by some out of mission griefer, but I do understand those who are against it. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

I personally would be in favor of this change. 

Nothing worse than being fucked over by some out of mission griefer, but I do understand those who are against it. 

might as well just make apb spin up an empty district for every match at that point tbh

2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

might as well just make apb spin up an empty district for every match at that point tbh

I mean you will still have missions going on all around you. This just prevents out of mission players from interfering. And not just the cement and dumptrucks, but also normal player vehicles used for things like blocking ladders or ramming you off course in vehicle deliver missions for example. 

Basically out of mission player driven vehicles would interact in the same way out of mission players do now. 

Edited by CookiePuss

This was hella nice to watch! I miss the good old days where everyone had good stuff because now everyone is pretty much banned or gone... ha... haa...HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA stupid game is dead now 😢

Also hearing that voice of Dizzy is awesome, the dude is now making bucks at being the best Apex Legends player!

Edited by moxxichixx

13 minutes ago, moxxichixx said:

Also hearing that voice of Dizzy is awesome, the dude is now making bucks at being the best Apex Legends player!

Dizzy and Mendo are legends.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean you will still have missions going on all around you. This just prevents out of mission players from interfering. And not just the cement and dumptrucks, but also normal player vehicles used for things like blocking ladders or ramming you off course in vehicle deliver missions for example. 

Basically out of mission player driven vehicles would interact in the same way out of mission players do now. 

what about when you are hiding behind someone elses car during a fight? Also having cars parked inside each other will make the game look fake. Any change to APB like this will kill allot of the fun for me. I am dead against it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seedy said:

what about when you are hiding behind someone elses car during a fight? Also having cars parked inside each other will make the game look fake. Any change to APB like this will kill allot of the fun for me. I am dead against it.

I dont have access to the finer details, but I would hope your name would still show. Cuz yeah if its like smoke where you are searching for a red crosshair... that'd be a hard pass from me.

Edited by CookiePuss

On 7/22/2019 at 5:24 PM, BrandonBranderson said:

Relentless griefing like this is just smart, but a little bit of it here and there I don't really see much of a problem with.  Like going for a run with a dump truck as long as you aren't targeting anyone specific.  I don't think LO has really been too strict on griefing, the worst I've heard of them doing to a griefer was kicking CH3V to force him out of a dump truck he was using to block Double B's garage for like, hours.

The highlighted part in bold is basically the most important about that divides "pure stupidity griefing" and the "let's have a good round of laughing griefing". A run with a dump truck is always ideal.

But i think griefing has been decreased to a no fun status. As far as i get the reasons behind it, it's no longer like before due to turds blocking other people's fun.

For example, we can no longer pit manouver or straight hit someoneelse's car, while the owner is at the trunk probably reloading their weapons. I found that pretty funny to do, and people would think twice before parking their vehicles out in the streets, bearing in mind they could be hit out of nowhere by a dumptruck or people running around from opposition while in another mission.

Even with the fact that there's a line about griefing on LO's Code of Conduct:

Play fair. Follow the rules and don’t cheat,

grief, hack, dethreat, or exploit bugs.

So, even if you try to just have a little fun messing with someone's car while they're in a mission (get a bank truck for example, and move their vehicle somewhere else and so they'll get surprised their car is no longer there lulz), if the person finds it offensive enough, you're screwed. So mostly, for the safe of your account, the chances it's not worth trying are quite high?

On 7/22/2019 at 10:22 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Member when there was no limit of 4 dumptrucks, they accelerated faster, and would actually explode you instead of pushing.

1ec3s8.jpg

Good ol' days of glorious Soviet Union San Paruska, 'memba? Used to be quite fun 😂

There is no APB without griefing, rage whispers, /d dramas and funny bugs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2019 at 12:40 AM, CookiePuss said:

So there's that. 

That sounds awful, how would N5/P5 work ?

Are they trying to turn this game into some sort of damned safe space ?

APB's greatest draw for me is all the random chaos you can encounter in the space of a mission, there's no other game like it.

I really hate the direction LO are taking this game in, not one of their ideas has made me think "wow this is awesome", it's almost like after over a year at the helm they still don't understand what makes this game tick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

That sounds awful, how would N5/P5 work ?

Probably as if they are in your mission. 

3 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Are they trying to turn this game into some sort of damned safe space ?

I don't think you are using that term correctly. 

4 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

I really hate the direction LO are taking this game in, not one of their ideas has made me think "wow this is awesome", it's almost like after over a year at the helm they still don't understand what makes this game tick.

What they seem to know is that as is, APB has failed. 

Time for change. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What they seem to know is that as is, APB has failed. 

Time for change. 

Only problem with that is that the game is failing even harder since they took over, every time they introduce wide ranging changes to the game even more people leave.

Sign in to follow this