foscor77

Trash Legendary guns

6 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

What was the other change it got besides the crosshair?

If I recall correctly, it blooms a LOT more, and you can't max fire rate it anymore - you either wait for the accuracy to settle, or you continue firing 2 more inaccurate shots until it blooms itself down during shooting. In the old version you could just spam it as fast as possible and it'd be dead accurate. Sounds quite strong but really wasn't, even then it was a rather mediocre gun.

It's still beyond me why Qwentle and the rest of G1 actually said yes to these ridiculous curve mechanics that ruined so many weapons.

12 minutes ago, GhosT said:

It's still beyond me why Qwentle and the rest of G1 actually said yes to these ridiculous curve mechanics that ruined so many weapons.

They realized there's only a limited design space for linear (read: normal) gun design, but wanted to have far more guns than that limited space allowed. Technically speaking, they found the perfect way to accomplish this, as the curves system allows for a plentiful quantity of unique designs so long as the designers can keep thinking up new quirks.

That being said, I'd still prefer that Little Orbit remove the weapon curves system and then rebalance the affected guns. Consistency is better than gimmicks, in my opinion.

7 hours ago, -Dan- said:

I've seen people making good use of pretty much all the legendaries, from Hazardous to FFA, but the only ones that are underwhelming under all circumstances and aren't worth using are the CAP40 and the OCSP pistols

Cap 40 seems only good if you guard a point near a door since you can shoot through it or using a shield and again shooting through it.  I honestly use the pistol 90% of my missions instead.

Like everyone else here said, each guns has a specific use. You have to learn how to use the weapon in the proper situation and proper way. 

Of the 3 EOLs, I would put the Deep Impact as the most usable one in missions. You have to train yourself on how to arc the shots (max distance is 60m for the grenade) to influence the distance. It is a conc launcher that sticks to the ground wherever you shoot it, you can then switch to your FBW and tag your opp a few times and the nade goes off to achieve a sort of reverse quickswitch kill.

You can even blow up vehicles as they move if you time your arc and shot correctly.

The other EOLs are not very effective in missions and have a much less effective range.

Edited by JazzLand

1 hour ago, JazzLand said:

The other EOLs are not very effective in missions and have a much less effective range.

My Kickback would like a word with you. Applied with precision, it easily out-performs the other two in any situation except anti-vehicle (which only the Deep Impact is good at). Especially useful is the Kickback's ability to airburst from the closer end of mid range, which can save a mission in a whole myriad of rooftop locations that the OPGL simply can't effectively saturate (and where the Volcano can't get a good angle).

The Hammer is hot garbage though, no argument there. Has all the weaker traits of the other two, with none of the benefits.

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Sure. 

Sitting Duck is the best scout. Has a tagger and you can equip CJ3.  Firework launcher is just free wallhacks. DOW is the best shotgun. Nearly the same ttk as the NFAS, but you can control your RoF and it has twice the range of any other shotgun. (We don't talk about the shredder) The Thunder, while a secondary, is still a shotgun and plays like one. If you can corner camp, it's just as deadly as any other shotgun, and it's also somewhat forgiving in a cqc wasd 1v1. The New Glory, for me is just meh. It has no niche in which it shines. I have owned one since day one, but I cannot find any scenario in which I wouldn't be better off using another weapon. 

P.S. sorry for knocking the Shredder 😛

can u show stats that prove thumper has twice the range of CSG PR1 and twice the range of NFAS + IR3? because i don't see them (i'm not talking about markmanship mode, nobody use thumper with markmanship mode).

nfas is still the best shotgun, i don't see how thumper beats nfas.

Edited by Uhtdred

1 minute ago, Uhtdred said:

can u show stats that prove thumper has twice the range of CSG PR1 and twice the range of NFAS + IR3? because i don't see them. please.

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Shotgun_DOW_Slot2_ArmasJB

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Shotgun_CSG_PR1_Armas

Really not hard to find. He's correct, the Thumper has twice the effective range (stats-wise) of the CSG. Course, some of the CSGs have Improved Rifling which brings them up to just shy of the same effective range, but not all of them have that. Not sure why you'd bother with the ones that don't, of course...

9 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

can u show stats that prove thumper has twice the range of CSG PR1 and twice the range of NFAS + IR3? because i don't see them.

please.

Both the CSG and the NFAS have a damage drop-off of 10m. The DOW, 20M. 

Also if you are using any other shotgun, especially the NFAS at 17m... I don't even know what to say to you. 

Edited by CookiePuss

Hard to say every gun have he's bad side and good side,  some not at the right place yet

I didnt play with all legends but most of them i like the different playstyles atleast some of them just for fun, but if i want to play serius i would play ursus,i think some guns are not in the right place like cap40(its in long way nog equel to oca) also the orge changed to being even bad as the nfas everyone with only a nfas would kill the one with orge, the yukon is not at the right place but its close to be, anubis i do like the gun (playstyle) but the damage is bad and not worth it all snipers are better with 85% damage, like to see to reduce the range and increase of damage maby to a 2 shot like reaper but faster that would be nice, its important they might forgot they all legendarys (best of the categorie and have to be balaenced correcly in my opion) the condor have bad ttk but it might be balenced because of the ghost shots and full automatic, medusa tomuch recoil, huntress to much tap fire but balanced in someway,  volcano might be a bit op because of the one shot kill at 100/98meters,  i think i can tell a story about all of them,  The weapons are not ready yet so its hard to say now,  after the rebalanceing of some guns you have to ask agian. 

The EOL hammer is literally bugged as it fires low-yields instead of percs.

1 minute ago, owzzy said:

The EOL hammer is literally bugged as it fires low-yields instead of percs.

they aren’t low yields, but you’re right that they aren’t percs either 

Just now, Glaciers said:

they aren’t low yields, but you’re right that they aren’t percs either 

True. It fires some kind of low-yield-perc-hybrid of which there is only 2 of. Such a useless gun. It's a shame as it is the best looking model out of the 3.

6 minutes ago, owzzy said:

It's a shame as it is the best looking model out of the 3.

Definitely agree with that sentiment.

A lot of the old guns are bad because they decrease ttk to the newer guns to make sales.

6 hours ago, Jumanna said:

A lot of the old guns are bad because they decrease ttk to the newer guns to make sales.

Bring out the tin foil hats bois. The overlords may take our money, but they won't take our minds

18 hours ago, Glaciers said:

it has comparable accuracy to the manic (its main marksmanship cqc competitor imo) and the same 30-50m dropoff as most SMGs

not really, PMG is more accurate with the right mods as it sustains accuracy while the tommy gets pretty big, and the aces beast the tommy in any point.

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Both the CSG and the NFAS have a damage drop-off of 10m. The DOW, 20M. 

Also if you are using any other shotgun, especially the NFAS at 17m... I don't even know what to say to you. 

dude drop off doesn't mean thumper has twice the range of thumper.

CSG pr1 and thumper are both 3 shots to kill up to 23m. So BOTH GUNS has the same 3stk up to 23m.

please stop with this "thumper has twice the range of any shotgun"

actually, up to 24m CSG has more health damage than thumper, which means CSG is better at range than thumper (at least especificaly at 24m).

seems like you're trying to discredit all those that use thumper by saying it's op when in fact IT ISN'T because it's a SEMI AUTO GUN (with thumper you need to track your enemies, unlike CSG).

Edited by Uhtdred

36 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

dude drop off doesn't mean thumper has twice the range of thumper.

CSG pr1 and thumper are both 3 shots to kill up to 23m. So BOTH GUNS has the same 3stk up to 23m.

The Thumper Mod allows for tighter spread (35% tighter to be exact) making it actually viable at 20m, 22m at max 3 shot range and even firing all 3 shots with the mod ttk only changes to .90

The CSG if you go by the math does 3 shot up to 23m, but in actual gameplay (spread size vs hitbox size) this is highly unlikely to impossible. (as you said damage dropoff does not mean min stk range, not to mention you go from a .77 ttk to 1.54)

Honestly to even compare these shotguns is laughable.

Edited by CookiePuss

Shredder I guess was OP for a short time? I missed it, but they nerfed it a bit too much. Needs some range back on it.

Why play a 3 shot shot gun with same range as a 2 shot.

I love the Dow, perfect where it is.

1 minute ago, Havana said:

Shredder I guess was OP for a short time?

Oh boy was it... that was an hilarious time for APB.

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

The Thumper Mod allows for tighter spread (35% tighter to be exact) making it actually viable at 20m, 22m at max 3 shot range and even firing all 3 shots with the mod ttk only changes to .90

The CSG if you go by the math does 3 shot up to 23m, but in actual gameplay (spread size vs hitbox size) this is highly unlikely to impossible. (as you said damage dropoff does not mean min stk range, not to mention you go from a .77 ttk to 1.54)

Honestly to even compare these shotguns is laughable.

exactly, and nobody use the mod because it requires MARKMANSHIP mode, so you need to compare non markmanship mode thumper against non markmanship mode CSG.

you never died from a 3 shots  at 20m CSG? I did. You're saying thumper is twice better than CSG pr1 at range and that's not true. Thumper is just a little better than csg PR1 at range.

Edited by Uhtdred

5 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

not really, PMG is more accurate with the right mods as it sustains accuracy while the tommy gets pretty big, and the aces beast the tommy in any point.

as far as i can tell the pmg is never more accurate then the tommy gun unless you're comparing hipfire accuracy

the aces might win in a raw ttk comparison but it requires very close range targets in order to reliably hit that .63s, the tommy gun can out range it pretty easily

45 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

So BOTH GUNS has the same 3stk up to 23m.

i'd very much like to see anyone use a csg to get a 3stk on a moving target at 23m

5 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

exactly, and nobody use the mod because it requires MARKMANSHIP mode, so you need to compare non markmanship mode thumper against non markmanship mode CSG.

the best way to do it is hipfire 2 shots and then use marksmanship mode for the 3rd at "longer" ranges, that way you get the tighter spread to ensure max damage without dealing with the rof penalty

6 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

Uhh, what? Thats the whole point of the DOW. And please tell me you dont think Marksman Mode on a CSG has any effect.

7 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

you never died from a 3 shots  at 20m CSG?

Not since the LOBeastie changes, no.

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Uhh, what? Thats the whole point of the DOW. And please tell me you dont think Marksman Mode on a CSG has any effect.

Not since the LOBeastie changes, no.

huh? I kill people at 20m with thumper without needing to use markmanship mode, i don't understand why would you use the mod, actually, that mod should be removed, useless mod.

whenever you use markmanship mode with thumper, you're already dead because of its high ttk.

guess how many times I used markmanship mode against enemies? that's right, NONE.

Edited by Uhtdred