foscor77

Trash Legendary guns

what legend guns do you consider trash?

i select these - Hazardous, reaper, anubis, oscp, commander, firework launcher, yukun, all EOL, all UL-3 (except jersey devil)

They all freaking suck and needs some serious rebalancing. i see no use of them other than dethreating. only player you see using them are bronze or silver, these guns also have very less trading/reselling value means nobody except newbies or gun hoarders wants to buy/trade them. And after trying each one of them out one should try to get rid of them asap.

Edited by foscor77
  • Like 1

Had a whole response typed out and ready to go, but then thought to myself "why bother?"

Needless to say, you're wrong on almost all of those.

Some of these are actually crap like the hazardous, because there a better option obtainable ingame or if you spent like 50€

One should play with weapons they have fun with, regardless of a weapon performance and popularity. Anyone can play with the meta tier. 
Personally, I simply love Anubis and Colby Commander.

• Like 4

Every gun has it's uses and is aimed towards a specific playstyle. Yeah sure, the newbies would get cheaper guns but I don't think one should throw money at a gun without enough research on the gun itself. I'll give my example. I'm relatively new and only got my hands on Hazardous so far. Some of you might have seen me spamming the hell out of it in Fight Club because for me, it's a great gun. It's cheap & great for my playstyle. Sure, the recoil does get me killed at times, but most of the time I can easily control it since I play at very high sensitivity. The cheap price of it will save me a ot of purchases over time. One man's trash, another man's treasure. 

legendarily offer a change in play, they aren't OP weapons that easily let you win.

• Like 1

New glory, Hammer, Hazardous, Hitchiker, Anubis, Commender (i know it's just an RSA reskin, but still), Bullshark.

I think, all of these are legendaries that sucks, especially the hazardous, which pretty much can't even be qualified as a legendary, because it has nothing special.

Edited by Ketog

17 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Who's speaking ill of my Anubis?

I really miss the anubis. It was fun back when it was a good gun.

• Like 1

Every single weapon has its own charm (Yes, even the hazardous). The first weapon I ever got was a hazardous about 2 years ago. Even though it wasn't as good as the other weapons, I played with it a lot. If you use the weapon constantly you will learn in which situations it works best and even the most underwhelming-looking weapon can do its part. As for the other legendary weapons, the only weapon I could not manage to properly understand was EOL "Deep Impact" -that one is extremely hard to be put to use. Other than that I think that every weapon offers something that can work but most of the time you have to adapt to that.

21 minutes ago, Sagemist said:

Every single weapon has its own charm (Yes, even the hazardous). The first weapon I ever got was a hazardous about 2 years ago. Even though it wasn't as good as the other weapons, I played with it a lot. If you use the weapon constantly you will learn in which situations it works best and even the most underwhelming-looking weapon can do its part. As for the other legendary weapons, the only weapon I could not manage to properly understand was EOL "Deep Impact" -that one is extremely hard to be put to use. Other than that I think that every weapon offers something that can work but most of the time you have to adapt to that.

The hazardous had its own charm years ago when it came out, and the only other tommygun in the game was the big chopper from valentines. Ever since they've released ingame and loyalty variants, it's been worthless. Not to mention it has the probably 2 worst mods you could put on that gun.

And the deep impact is the best EOL, if you can work with it.

I've seen people making good use of pretty much all the legendaries, from Hazardous to FFA, but the only ones that are underwhelming under all circumstances and aren't worth using are the CAP40 and the OCSP pistols

Edited by -Dan-

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

I really miss the anubis. It was fun back when it was a good gun.

What was the other change it got besides the crosshair?

Trash is a pretty strong word. 

But for me the only legendaries I use (and I've used them all) are the sitting duck the DOW the firework launcher and on occasion, the Thunder. 

But to give my opinions, Hazardous is just a downgraded 3 slot m1922. The EOL are just inferior grenade launchers. The UL-3 can be used well by some, but there's still little reason to use them over the meta secondaries or even the N-FA 9. The nano is fine, and a good weapon for new or less skilled players, but Id still prefer the FBW to it. (Not to mention the .45 AP or the various RFPs) The reaper, while not s terrible weapon, is just a downgraded scout. The Anubis, for me, simply has no niche in which it outperforms it's counterparts. The commander, much like the RSA is just not great, and for me would never be picked over say the Fang, even with the range difference. The piercing mod may be useful in rare occasions, but IMO that isn't enough to make it worth equipping. The True Ogre is too niche... Unless used on defense with corner to camp, it's just an NFAS with a .99 ttk. The bullshark is just an Obir with a goofy mod, one that for me at least makes it harder to use than the standard Obir. Cap 40 doesn't suck, but again for me is simply outclassed by both the OCA and the Manic, as well as the PMG. The Ursus while not at all a bad gun, is more or less inferior to the NTEC-5. It's worse in cqc, and beyond it's given range, become +1stk before the standard NTEC-5. It does have 1 less stk, but it still has the same ttk as the standard NTEC. The OCSP is just an FBW with +1 stk and a longer ttk. It does have better initial accuracy, but by the 3rd shot has worse accuracy than the FBW. The volcano has its uses, the airbust at max range for instance can be useful, but anywhere the volcano can airbust the OPGL can more efficiently bombard. And as far as just straight up maining the Volcano, you'd be better off just maining the OSMAW. The huntress is a decent weapon, can be modded in several ways, all of which are efficient. It's not really better than the classic carbine, but it's not really worse either. The main reason I don't use it is carpal tunnel syndrome from too much clicking lol. The condor is identical to the other raptors, except for it's unique mod making it invisible on radar for the first 3 shots when full auto, and doesn't appear at all past 50m. While the 3 shots part might be useful in lower level gameplay, it makes little to no difference vs good players, and being invisible past 50m is useless as the base accuracy of the weapon is too poor to hit at that range. For these reasons I see the Condor as only being equal to the other Raptor guns (which I have account bound). The Medusa, while not a terrible weapon, is simply inferior to the Euryale / Stheno which are deadly accurate immediately, whereas the medusa takes time to get there, plus Muzzle Brake works on the non legendaries, making them easier to handle. The Yukon, after the RoF fix is now no better than the other mounties while hipfiring, and is an inferior rfp in marksman mode. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

~snip~ 

What about the sitting duck, firework launcher, dow, thunder & new glory?

You commented on most of the legendaries, might as well do them all

10 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

What about the sitting duck, firework launcher, dow, thunder & new glory?

You commented on most of the legendaries, might as well do them all

Sure. 

Sitting Duck is the best scout. Has a tagger and you can equip CJ3.  Firework launcher is just free wallhacks. DOW is the best shotgun. Nearly the same ttk as the NFAS, but you can control your RoF and it has twice the range of any other shotgun. (We don't talk about the shredder) The Thunder, while a secondary, is still a shotgun and plays like one. If you can corner camp, it's just as deadly as any other shotgun, and it's also somewhat forgiving in a cqc wasd 1v1. The New Glory, for me is just meh. It has no niche in which it shines. I have owned one since day one, but I cannot find any scenario in which I wouldn't be better off using another weapon. 

P.S. sorry for knocking the Shredder 😛

8 hours ago, foscor77 said:

firework launcher

what part of on-demand wallhacks is trash?

i do think “legendary” guns should be renamed, anyone who doesn’t have a few hundred hours into apb likely thinks they’re all supposed to be very good

I remember when the harzardous (or tommy in general) was actually a pretty decent gun for cqc if you could handle the recoil. Sad it's now pretty bad compared to the other options.

7 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

I remember when the harzardous (or tommy in general) was actually a pretty decent gun for cqc if you could handle the recoil. Sad it's now pretty bad compared to the other options.

it’s honestly still decent

the new recoil curve system wasn’t needed on the tommy gun since it punishes players for using the tommy gun as intended (sustained fire), but if you can handle the recoil you still have a fairly accurate sub .7s ttk cqc gun

but there are other easier options, making the tommy gun kind of irrelevant (not bad tho)

Edited by Glaciers
typo

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Trash is a pretty strong word. 

But for me the only legendaries I use (and I've used them all) are the sitting duck the DOW the firework launcher and on occasion, the Thunder. 

But to give my opinions, Hazardous is just a downgraded 3 slot m1922. The EOL are just inferior grenade launchers. The UL-3 can be used well by some, but there's still little reason to use them over the meta secondaries or even the N-FA 9. The nano is fine, and a good weapon for new or less skilled players, but Id still prefer the FBW to it. (Not to mention the .45 AP or the various RFPs) The reaper, while not s terrible weapon, is just a downgraded scout. The Anubis, for me, simply has no niche in which it outperforms it's counterparts. The commander, much like the RSA is just not great, and for me would never be picked over say the Fang, even with the range difference. The piercing mod may be useful in rare occasions, but IMO that isn't enough to make it worth equipping. The True Ogre is too niche... Unless used on defense with corner to camp, it's just an NFAS with a .99 ttk. The bullshark is just an Obir with a goofy mod, one that for me at least makes it harder to use than the standard Obir. Cap 40 doesn't suck, but again for me is simply outclassed by both the OCA and the Manic, as well as the PMG. The Ursus while not at all a bad gun, is more or less inferior to the NTEC-5. It's worse in cqc, and beyond it's given range, become +1stk before the standard NTEC-5. It does have 1 less stk, but it still has the same ttk as the standard NTEC. The OCSP is just an FBW with +1 stk and a longer ttk. It does have better initial accuracy, but by the 3rd shot has worse accuracy than the FBW. The volcano has its uses, the airbust at max range for instance can be useful, but anywhere the volcano can airbust the OPGL can more efficiently bombard. And as far as just straight up maining the Volcano, you'd be better off just maining the OSMAW. The huntress is a decent weapon, can be modded in several ways, all of which are efficient. It's not really better than the classic carbine, but it's not really worse either. The main reason I don't use it is carpal tunnel syndrome from too much clicking lol. The condor is identical to the other raptors, except for it's unique mod making it invisible on radar for the first 3 shots when full auto, and doesn't appear at all past 50m. While the 3 shots part might be useful in lower level gameplay, it makes little to no difference vs good players, and being invisible past 50m is useless as the base accuracy of the weapon is too poor to hit at that range. For these reasons I see the Condor as only being equal to the other Raptor guns (which I have account bound). The Medusa, while not a terrible weapon, is simply inferior to the Euryale / Stheno which are deadly accurate immediately, whereas the medusa takes time to get there, plus Muzzle Brake works on the non legendaries, making them easier to handle. The Yukon, after the RoF fix is now no better than the other mounties while hipfiring, and is an inferior rfp in marksman mode. 

Agreed 100%, anybody want to buy some legendaries?

7 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

it’s honestly still decent

the new recoil curve system wasn’t needed on the tommy gun since it punishes players for using the tommy gun as intended (sustained fire), but if you can handle the recoil you still have a fairly accurate sub .7s ttk cqc gun

but there are other easier options, making the tommy gun kind of irrelevant (not bad tho)

the recoild is still not a problem, but the other performance of accuracy and a very short dropoff make it too bad now for the other options available.

3 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

the recoild is still not a problem, but the other performance of accuracy and a very short dropoff make it too bad now for the other options available.

it has comparable accuracy to the manic (its main marksmanship cqc competitor imo) and the same 30-50m dropoff as most SMGs

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

P.S. sorry for knocking the Shredder 😛

DMADDP5.jpg