illgot

Remove or lower rank requirements for all mods

1 hour ago, ElectroStingz said:

Joker tickets, once you hit the activity, 50 and 150 emailed instantly, so that is baylan + asylum. = 400.

For the 1st prize, 200 x2 you have to wait until it resets every 7 days.

Asylum is easier to obtain, so 400 JT is possible every week.

1st prize as in first place on the leaderboard?

17 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

1st prize as in first place on the leaderboard?

no, theoretically every player in the game could get the gold prize in either fc

in asylum first prize is based simply on cash earned, all you have to do is play asylum and you can reach it 

in baylan first prize is based on a certain number of daily activity-esque objectives (5 kills with secondary, 3 assists, 2 vehicle kills, etc) all you need to do is hit that number and you reach it

14 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

no, theoretically every player in the game could get the gold prize in either fc

in asylum first prize is based simply on cash earned, all you have to do is play asylum and you can reach it 

in baylan first prize is based on a certain number of daily activity-esque objectives (5 kills with secondary, 3 assists, 2 vehicle kills, etc) all you need to do is hit that number and you reach it

Hmm, alright, then I guess @ElectroStingz's point is fair, I guess, not sure how many noobs will figure that out without help but it's there I guess

EDIT: Hmm.... I guess a lot

Edited by ScarecrowXIII

1 hour ago, Spherii said:

Removing the rank requirement for modifications entirely might be a bit too much, but lowering the requirements to R80-100 would certainly not be handing it on a silver platter. I don't think weapons need to be changed though, those can stay like that. It's also a good marketing strategy for people to buy on the Armas marketplace as it's an alternative to grinding which many prefer.

Car modifications and character modifications however don't need to have such a high rank requirement. Leaving aside that the FC's are pretty overwhelming for newer players,  That's 350 each week you can spend on for one modification which you have to refill as well for each week should you really like it, trying a different one out is also impossible, because you can't afford it unless you grind the FC's, which newer players shouldn't do as they should focus on leveling their ranking.

Rank 80 - 100 still takes a fair amount without premium, gives the players a chance to learn about the game before reaching said rank, while giving high-ranked players a chance to sell modifications that they don't use or have doubles of.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

if anything this would boost the marketplace, since removing the r195 restriction would allow a large part of the population to purchase these mods off of the mp

There are only 4 weapon with a 195 requirement, Mobility Sling, Muzzle brake, Tagger, High mag scope.

All the others, weapons are R40 already.

All the cars are R40 except level III which are R85.

All character mods R40, except the ones mentioned in the joker store. (hard landings, car surfer...)

R36PUQy.jpg

And a lot of this already overlaps with the Joker store. If anything needs to change, it's to hand out more Joker tickets. Back when it first started we used to get way more than 50/100/200.

Every opposed mission should hand out joker tickets, like 10-15. (easy for every player)

Edited by ElectroStingz

13 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

There are only 4 weapon with a 195 requirement, Mobility Sling, Muzzle brake, Tagger, High mag scope.

All the others, weapons are R40 already.

All the cars are R40 except level III which are R85.

All character mods R40, except the ones mentioned in the joker store. (hard landings, car surfer...)

R36PUQy.jpg

And a lot of this already overlaps with the Joker store. If anything needs to change, it's to hand out more Joker tickets. Back when it first started we used to get way more than 50/100/200.

Every opposed mission should hand out joker tickets, like 10-15. (easy for every player)

removing the r195 requirement is a lot simpler than revamping the joker ticket system imo

theres just no need for these few mods to be locked to a majority of players, especially when some of them alter core gameplay mechanics

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

removing the r195 requirement is a lot simpler than revamping the joker ticket system imo

theres just no need for these few mods to be locked to a majority of players, especially when some of them alter core gameplay mechanics

Killing the game's current progression system (role unlocks, contacts, lvling up) vs issuing a few more joker tickets here and there?

This is why the Joker store exists in the first place (along with ARMAS try before you buy), it came about to help newer players stay ahead so it makes more sense to emphasise it's importance to newer players.

Edited by ElectroStingz

7 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

Killing the game's current progression system (role unlocks, contacts, lvling up) vs issuing a few more joker tickets here and there?

This is why the Joker store exists in the first place (along with ARMAS try before you buy), it came about to help newer players stay ahead so it makes more sense to emphasise it's importance to newer players.

it wouldnt kill the progression system any more than the ability to buy and use the original mods off the marketplace killed the progression system when r195 was the max 

3 hours ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

How long does it even take to earn JT as a new player? I don't care about that currency so I honestly don't know

you will need to farm around 1750 JTs a week to keep up with max ranks using 195 mods.

I constantly swap the following mods depending on the mission:  Remote Detonation, Radar, Radar Jammer, Flak (majority of the game), Fragile (for CQC shotgun combat), Car Surfer, Blowtorch.

For a low level playing a few hours a week, that's impossible to get through normal missions since low level contacts give very few JTs as a reward.  It gets easier to earn JTs on the rank 195 and higher contacts, but by then you can just buy the mods off the market.

FC is an option but not everyone enjoys the chaos.

The contacts also give out vehicle unlocks, sprays, clothing, and can still hand out a free mod and unlock the ability to purchase additional mods.

The only thing that needs to change is the rank requirement so newer players can purchase them on the market board.

"Progression" by leveling contacts is not the only reason people play this game.  I've been maxed out for years and still play APB.  Most of us here have been maxed out for years and still play, why do people think "progression" is the only reason people play?

Let the newer players have access to rank 195 mods, they change how the game is played completely, there is no need to drive players away because they have to play an unfair game against us vets.

Edited by illgot

deleted

Edited by illgot

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

it wouldnt kill the progression system any more than the ability to buy and use the original mods off the marketplace killed the progression system when r195 was the max 

The idea decreases the interest for players to lvl up, give it to them early instead.

2 hours ago, illgot said:

you will need to farm around 1750 JTs a week to keep up with max ranks using 195 mods.

I constantly swap the following mods depending on the mission:  Remote Detonation, Radar, Radar Jammer, Flak (majority of the game), Fragile (for CQC shotgun combat), Car Surfer, Blowtorch.

For a low level playing a few hours a week, that's impossible to get through normal missions since low level contacts give very few JTs as a reward.  It gets easier to earn JTs on the rank 195 and higher contacts, but by then you can just buy the mods off the market.

FC is an option but not everyone enjoys the chaos.

The contacts also give out vehicle unlocks, sprays, clothing, and can still hand out a free mod and unlock the ability to purchase additional mods.

The only thing that needs to change is the rank requirement so newer players can purchase them on the market board.

"Progression" by leveling contacts is not the only reason people play this game.  I've been maxed out for years and still play APB.  Most of us here have been maxed out for years and still play, why do people think "progression" is the only reason people play?

Let the newer players have access to rank 195 mods, they change how the game is played completely, there is no need to drive players away because they have to play an unfair game against us vets.

How you play the game is not what sets the requirements to whether a new player needs such items and everything you mention is blown out of proportion.

All these mods I do not use: Remote Detonation, Radar, Radar Jammer, Flak, Fragile, Blowtorch.

Car surfer, only my enf has it available and again I rarely use it.

I am not claiming progression is the only reason why people play the game, I am saying that there are systems in place that exist which are directly effected by making the suggested changes.

Furthermore the suggest changes are completely unnecessary when you factor in Joker tickets.

Many players re-roll using limited gear and play against max ranked players, the outcome is challenging but not impossible and certainly not a game breaker.

I'd rather rank requirements be increased for all mods.  Top tier mods shouldn't be accessible pre rank 100 imo at all.  R195 mods should be lowered, but leave them where they are to be unlocked.  Game shouldn't hand them out for free when you unlock them either.

The way these people cry, should include car milestones for the vehicle mods and make them work harder for em. 500 teammate respawns by your vic to gain mobile radar tower. :troll:

2 hours ago, ElectroStingz said:

The idea decreases the interest for players to lvl up, give it to them early instead.

How you play the game is not what sets the requirements to whether a new player needs such items and everything you mention is blown out of proportion.

All these mods I do not use: Remote Detonation, Radar, Radar Jammer, Flak, Fragile, Blowtorch.

Car surfer, only my enf has it available and again I rarely use it.

I am not claiming progression is the only reason why people play the game, I am saying that there are systems in place that exist which are directly effected by making the suggested changes.

Furthermore the suggest changes are completely unnecessary when you factor in Joker tickets.

Many players re-roll using limited gear and play against max ranked players, the outcome is challenging but not impossible and certainly not a game breaker.

The current systems were designed for a large players base.  This game does not have a large player base.  Trying to ignore the fact that our player base is minuscule and keeping the system as it is currently designed is flawed.  APB was not suppose to be a full team of gold threat veterans in the silver district against a team of new players whos rank is less than 100.  The "system in place" does not work for a small player base because new players are often matched up with veterans.

Joker tickets can be farmed in FC, but no new player is going to farm enough to keep up with rank 195 mods they need every week especially if they only have low level contacts.

You honestly think a new player is going to stand a chance against a player like me who has all the mods, open slot weapons, Volcanos, Ogre, Medusa, Alig, DMR, etc, as well as 10 years of experience with the game?  Trust me, any new player against me is going to find it impossible to win in APB.

We need to level the playing ground and try our best to retain new players instead of keeping it impossible for them to even fight back.

Edited by illgot

Lets get them lower so reroll cheaters can access them faster!!!

Oh and dont forget the free codes for them to enjoy every reroll!!!!!! What a wonderful idea!!!

EDIT: the amount of excuses this guy is giving for it... any new player will have problems agaisnt an experienced one even if you give them all your current equipament.

Try harder please.

The max rank was increased, yet not mods. I would say INCREASE the requirements of certain mods even MORE.

They created the limit to 195 because that was the rank limit, but now is 255, why are they 195???

Edited by LuzExtinguido

14 hours ago, LazyLizard said:

Thing is, even a max rank player can and possibly will be absolute trash. Just because you played the game longer doesn't mean you're going to be an absolute god in it x.x

So true. I get sh** on in silver district all the time.

I've never understood why car surfer is a mod, rather than just a feature in the game. From day one of me playing APB, I always hated how you can't stand on cars while they drive. If they should do anything, remove the car surfer mod and just have it be a feature in the game.

hmm not sure on this...

i know for joker tickets you can get these mods but i don't recall if there's a restriction on them as well

i cant recall at the moment but if there is a restriction on them as well then yeah its bad for bronze to have these in there from unbalance

either way once Little Orbit can upgrade the engine properly im sure they will announce what plans they have for apb in more detail

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

hmm not sure on this...

i know for joker tickets you can get these mods but i don't recall if there's a restriction on them as well

i cant recall at the moment but if there is a restriction on them as well then yeah its bad for bronze to have these in there from unbalance

either way once Little Orbit can upgrade the engine properly im sure they will announce what plans they have for apb in more detail

I don't think the JT rented mods have rank restrictions but they only last a week.  Having to farm JTs for a mod that only lasts 7 days is more work than it's worth considering there are 6-8 mods that can completely change the way you defend or attack an objective.

Low level contacts give something like 5-10 JTs per day for completing their Daily Activity while higher level contacts give 20-25 JTs a day.  Basically if you want to afford more than 1-2 mods a week you are forced to play FC or Asylum which doesn't level up your contacts or rank.

Edited by illgot

I personally think that it's actually to the benefit of new players that they cannot use r195 mods at the start and. . . well. . . lets face it, getting to r40 is super fucking easy, so that's really a non-issue (or even r60 for car mods.)

A lot of the r195 mods drastically alter the game in ways that I personally think players should not be exposed to to before they learn how to play the game without them:

• Flak entirely changes your perception of explosives and could easily become a crutch if you learned to play with it.
  • Car Surfer is honestly a very difficult mod to use that I see even max Golds using poorly all the time.
  • HMS is almost a straight-downgrade from HS3 that I don't want newbies using and gimping themselves with because they think it makes them more accurate (and you know the people who think the CR-5 is OP would think HMS makes you more accurate.)
  • Remote Det could easily become a crutch among Greens, Bronzes and, Silvers (not to mention I don't think we need more RD spamming in Bronze district.
  • Valzipram is confusing as fuck and could, yet again, easily become a bizarre crutch for players that makes them not learn how to dodge cars well (and we all know lowbies are bad at dodging cars.)
  • Fragile, like Flak, entirely changes your perception of the game and could easily teach you how to play the game wrong.
  • Blowtorch greatly encourages running in a way that I don't think newer players know how to counter well, and thus should be kept out of lower skill matches as much as possible.

Yes, there are some exceptions, maybe half, but honestly, Wide Radius, MB, MS, Tagger, Muffler, HBF. . . do you really think newbies are losing missions because they don't have those? And the game should have some actually sense of progression, which is kinda' non-existant without things that are locked to r195+.

9 hours ago, illgot said:

The current systems were designed for a large players base.  This game does not have a large player base.  Trying to ignore the fact that our player base is minuscule and keeping the system as it is currently designed is flawed.  APB was not suppose to be a full team of gold threat veterans in the silver district against a team of new players whos rank is less than 100.  The "system in place" does not work for a small player base because new players are often matched up with veterans.

Joker tickets can be farmed in FC, but no new player is going to farm enough to keep up with rank 195 mods they need every week especially if they only have low level contacts.

You honestly think a new player is going to stand a chance against a player like me who has all the mods, open slot weapons, Volcanos, Ogre, Medusa, Alig, DMR, etc, as well as 10 years of experience with the game?  Trust me, any new player against me is going to find it impossible to win in APB.

We need to level the playing ground and try our best to retain new players instead of keeping it impossible for them to even fight back.

Match making is flawed and trying to introduce barriers is detrimental overall to player experience. Let us keep all these new players together and give them a "fair" match.

The term "fair" should not be used as an excuse.

Everyone to this day, especially the ones that have been playing the game for 5+ years didn't get to where they are by having it easy and "fair". You get better by being better, the less help you have and the more ambition / determination you bring forward is what makes you a better player. Skill is earned and the more you push against the odds the quicker you develop as a player.

I already pointed out that your subjective playstyle is irrelevant, the mods a player uses are also irrelevant, as mentioned Vet vs Vet, your 195 mods are not a game breaker.

What takes someone 10 years to learn may only take someone else 10 seconds. Do not underestimate the new player or assume you are better.

I actually agree on disabling rank requirements for mods.

What of most disgusting things I saw in-games are finals of missions with one team being under R195 overall and second being R195 or above. They usually pack item or themselves into car, one takes car surfer and OSMAW/OPGL or LMG and proceed to defend car while opposition without this mods are pretty much struggling to get objective/kill targets.

Thankfully I though of some good counter-strategy which I will share to some under R195 which are struggling. Whenever something like that happens, passanger should pick up DMR or ISSR-B (better but ARMAs option) and shot down car surfer - both weapons you can use while peeking outside windows and they have huge car damage (and can deal with opponents out in open pretty quick too, with no misses it should easily outshot OSMAW), so after eliminating car surfer, proceed to shot car - it will quickly burst in flames, make sure driver or other passangers are prepared with weapons they feel the best with... take over item and run away too with such equipped passanger (I mean, they did that - you have full right to do it too).

You just won game, congratulations.

Edited by MitneAlt

A big issue I see is that most new players don't even know what player modifications ARE let alone which one would let them hop on top of a car or avoid some level of explosive damage.

Player modifications need a complete rework but that's not the topic here.

IMO, player mods and mods in general (vehicle, weapon etc.) need their own tutorial section - none of this is explained in the tutorial, I even find veteran players confused by how improved rifling actually affects your weapon, don't even get me started on the whole CA3 / CA2 argument. If players were EDUCATED on how modifications work AND the rank restriction was removed then it would be a slightly more even playing field. I'd also like to throw in that a tutorial section on the different TYPES of weapons would also be great, particularly pointing out which weapons are dedicated AV weapons.

Anyway, I'm going off topic. To clarify;

tl;dr - players need education on what mods actually do rather than simply making them all available at once,

simply removing the rank requirement will not fix a skill gap but a tutorial section will go a long way towards helping new players settle in.

Edited by UpholdThePeace
  • Like 2

Match making is flawed and trying to introduce barriers is detrimental overall to player experience. Let us keep all these new players together and give them a "fair" match.

The term "fair" should not be used as an excuse.

And unfortunately the playerbase is still too small to keep these newer players and give them a fair match. You make valid statements but at this state of the game you make the game easier so people are more inclined to stay, it's not about how hard we struggled. It's about how we can make newer players stay, will lowering rank requirements for modifications help with that? Maybe. Again, it's not about how game-breaking these new modifications are, they're minor changes. But what matters is that lower ranked people can't use 'em, and they're locked away. It's because of that simple fact that they're locked to higher levels, people start to think they're the most OP. Car surfer is useful but it's overrated, I still see high-ranked players jump off buildings that give them fall-damage, losing the 1v1.  You can tell a newer player this, or let him experience it. Chances are the latter will prove it better to him. It's only one modification, I know. But it's the most controversial one. There's the argument that Joker tickets exist for that reason, but JT's are locked away in FC rewarding only a small amount of JT's for being there, and nobody has ever talked about what a waste it is to spend JT's on car mods/character modifications. You could argue that they should increase the JT distribution, but that would devalue the amount of time people have spent there. 

Everyone to this day, especially the ones that have been playing the game for 5+ years didn't get to where they are by having it easy and "fair". You get better by being better, the less help you have and the more ambition / determination you bring forward is what makes you a better player. Skill is earned and the more you push against the odds the quicker you develop as a player.

Problem is that because of all the struggles, people are less inclined to stay. If you ask for source, I believe the player population should tell you enough.
You can say cheating is a very detrimental factor to this, but it's not the only one. 

The way I see it, the big 3 factors right now that need definitive improvement is: Matchmaking, anti-cheat, and giving everyone a chance for the same modifications aka Equality.
You can't give everyone a fair fight if there are no players to give them a fair match.

What takes someone 10 years to learn may only take someone else 10 seconds. Do not underestimate the new player or assume you are better.

No underestimating happening here, just looking at the state of the game in a objective point of view. 
I'm discussion this with you because you bring up valid points, and would like to hear your opinion of this. So just for argument's sake let's say.

1 hour ago, UpholdThePeace said:

A big issue I see is that most new players don't even know what player modifications ARE let alone which one would let them hop on top of a car or avoid some level of explosive damage.

Player modifications need a complete rework but that's not the topic here.

IMO, player mods and mods in general (vehicle, weapon etc.) need their own tutorial section - none of this is explained in the tutorial, I even find veteran players confused by how improved rifling actually affects your weapon, don't even get me started on the whole CA3 / CA2 argument. If players were EDUCATED on how modifications work AND the rank restriction was removed then it would be a slightly more even playing field. I'd also like to throw in that a tutorial section on the different TYPES of weapons would also be great, particularly pointing out which weapons are dedicated AV weapons.

Anyway, I'm going off topic. To clarify;

tl;dr - players need education on what mods actually do rather than simply making them all available at once,

simply removing the rank requirement will not fix a skill gap but a tutorial section will go a long way towards helping new players settle in.

True, the tutorial is bad, I had to look up what armored engine III does. 
But this is just a bigger improvement to the main issue at hand. 
Are players inclined to stay? In my eyes, the game is unfair to newer players. And BattlEye solely, won't fix this. 

Edited by Spherii
  • Like 2

APB is dying partly due to new players not being treated fairly?

To this statement I would disagree as if you go back in time to when APB peaked none of this was an issue. Weapons especially ARMAS were OP yet the game was not losing players drastically.

Move forward to when the newer mods came about, did these changes start killing the playerbase?

No, new players came, old ones left, the cycle continued.

What I disagree with is the general assumption that APB is losing players due to new players not being able to equip the said mods in this thread.

APB is not new user friendly due to other issues such as match making, threat / dethreating.

What does it do?

It gives the higher geared player a false sense of fairness within the match. Equal mods, the new player is being treated in a fairer manner the chances are he / she will stay.

No, this does not change the simple fact that a new player against someone with more experience is likely to have the advantage regardless of gear / mods. The real solution is not to provide a false sense of hope, it is to deal with the match making / threat system.

APB is dying due to what?

Lack of content, lack of progress, out dated concepts, visually lacking, it is stale and clearly suffering a cheat crysis (hopefully about to change). To revive the game it needs to be broken down back to basics and reworked. Player input is good but there are a lot of ideas floating around that do not attract the "next generation gamer". No disrespect to the long time APB players but as you get older you sometimes lose focus on things and always prefer the old ways. This old way of thinking, not looking to go beyond the possibilities is what can and will kill a game.

APB needs to change in ways that go beyond simply unlocking mods, why do I play, why do you play, why are you still around, why did you not quit as a new player?

Questions that will have different answers depending on who you are and where you are at (in life / the game).

My point here is that thinking of ways to retain / attract newer players is sometimes best left for fresh minds to answer and contribute. Little Orbit seem like freshmeat so see what they do first to address some of the issues in the game. They have a plan on how to revive APB and new ideas that are not going to be to everyone's liking but it may well prove to be APB's success.