illgot

Remove or lower rank requirements for all mods

54 minutes ago, Glubbable said:

Rank requirements wouldn't be much of a problem if leveling up didn't take centuries to do. Ontop of that, a lot of role requirements are also extreme. Role 16 for weapon roles requires 10,000 kills, 10 thousand, which is extremely grindy for access to a skin and a different ntec model with 3 slots on it (which is 10 day lease).

or, you can buy the 3slot ntec in armas for 2799 g1c... the game is F2P but if u dont wanna grind that rank 16 u gotta buy it. i think its fine as it is. either you buy it or you grind it

If you want to protect new players, maybe just disable r195 mods in bronze districts. You wanna use your big boy mods? Come play with the big boys. If you are new and stuck in silver district, you clearly dont need those mods anyways. 

GG EZ

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am not against it, mods like car surfer can be pretty disgusting in the bronze districts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If you want to protect new players, maybe just disable r195 mods in bronze districts. You wanna use your big boy mods? Come play with the big boys. If you are new and stuck in silver district, you clearly dont need those mods anyways. 

GG EZ

That's a good suggestion.

3 minutes ago, illgot said:

That's a good suggestion.

Im good for about 1 decent suggestion every 6 months.

I'm on the exact opposite page than you are, I'd much rather have LO add more requierments, unlocks and such so there's a better feel of progression in the game. I don't want higher rank options that are better than lower rank options (other words; I want the game balanced in terms of weapons, mods, cars etc). I have 3 max rank characters and I constantly make new ones as I feel a lack of progression with roles, only sense of accomplishment I get is just by ranking up for the sake of ranking up.

If LO F up this then we kinda dont have much reason to grind... think about it...gotta keep us grinding to keep us here to play u know

2 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

With a better PC/Server performance a CarSurfer on roof is the most easy and funny target to hit.

With every weapon.

Problem :Carsurfer in opposition.

Enemy tactic: one is driving while other one surf on roof.

Counter tactic:

• if the car is moving, shoot that ez target, if it is not cheating he will miss 50% shoot than you.
  • if car is hold, ehy wait, is hold?? canT you kill him???l 
  • if you are chasing a car surfer , means that they like cheap tactic, Equip a good ALIG, plus some nice Ntec , go to to ram that bunch of lamers and you should kill alsoa  vegas in less than 4 sec, exactly the time for brake and let driver come out. Burn'em all ! yee (LTL weapons Not recommended)

Possible Results:

• opponent Un-equip Car Surfer
  • opponent lose mission
  • opponent dethreat 
  • opponent whisper "Alig-n00b"

Um, when I car surf (and I only use this to chase people, never run), I use ALIG, the driver (and any other passenger, if any, use anti-personnel weapons), I can EASILY prevent anyone chasing from stopping us. If I get in trouble, my driver can just jump out while everyone is out for my blood, and I can just jump off the roof and hide behind the vehicle then dash for better cover, if available.

Your first counter tactic works if the car is heading your direction (or you know where it's going and intercept it well, you cannot let him see you coming from afar, you gotta hit hard and fast, not so easy for inexperienced persons to do) The tactic might also work if you're on foot and near cover.

Also, you can't chase a car surfer with an ALIG well, if you're not surfing too, cause you gotta catch up, jump out, shoot him before they get away (and they will get away the first and maybe second time) and repeat. If they have blowtorch, you're screwed.

Granted, if they're car surfing with a anti-personnel weapon, you have a chance, but not against an ALIG or, since this is also locked to high ranks, an OSMAW

Btw, I wrote this thinking of a new person (or group of new players) facing off against a car surfer, experienced persons should know what to do already.

2 hours ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Um, when I car surf (and I only use this to chase people, never run), I use ALIG, the driver (and any other passenger, if any, use anti-personnel weapons), I can EASILY prevent anyone chasing from stopping us. If I get in trouble, my driver can just jump out while everyone is out for my blood, and I can just jump off the roof and hide behind the vehicle then dash for better cover, if available.

Your first counter tactic works if the car is heading your direction (or you know where it's going and intercept it well, you cannot let him see you coming from afar, you gotta hit hard and fast, not so easy for inexperienced persons to do) The tactic might also work if you're on foot and near cover.

Also, you can't chase a car surfer with an ALIG well, if you're not surfing too, cause you gotta catch up, jump out, shoot him before they get away (and they will get away the first and maybe second time) and repeat. If they have blowtorch, you're screwed.

Granted, if they're car surfing with a anti-personnel weapon, you have a chance, but not against an ALIG or, since this is also locked to high ranks, an OSMAW

Btw, I wrote this thinking of a new person (or group of new players) facing off against a car surfer, experienced persons should know what to do already.

I never run car surfer, and I hate when I have teammates who do. (personal preference)

For runners and car surfing ALIG / OSMAW / Volcano users. I recommend the ISSR-B, which has iirc 90m (maybe 83m cuz of silencer?) range, can be fired out of car windows, does a lot of health damage, as well as a good amount of hard damage. Can get from either ARMAS or the Joker store.

Edited by CookiePuss

16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I never run car surfer, and I hate when I have teammates who do. (personal preference)

For runners and car surfing ALIG / OSMAW / Volcano users. I recommend the ISSR-B, which has iirc 90m (maybe 83m cuz of silencer?) range, can be fired out of car windows, does a lot of health damage, as well as a good amount of hard damage. Can get from either ARMAS or the Joker store.

I like the ALIG, so I need to find a way to use it, I don't run car surfer all the time, when people run, I drop an ammo box and change to it

Unless they're bad at running then I just ram them

1 minute ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

I like the ALIG, so I need to find a way to use it, I don't run car surfer all the time, when people run, I drop an ammo box and change to it

Unless they're bad at running then I just ram them

Oh yeah the ALIG absolutely DESTROYS vehicles. Just a beast of a gun. As a regular car-play OCA user, I respect and fear the ALIG.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Oh yeah the ALIG absolutely DESTROYS vehicles. Just a beast of a gun. As a regular car-play OCA user, I respect and fear the ALIG.

I run SP3 on my Pioneer and still jump out when I hear that thing firing at me though.

EDIT: After my hood starts denting badly though, I'm not that much of a chicken

Edited by ScarecrowXIII

3 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

I run SP3 on my Pioneer and still jump out when I hear that thing firing at me though.

EDIT: After my hood starts denting badly though, I'm not that much of a chicken

I don't call Alig just an Alig. I call it Mr. Alig, for it deserves that title. Just the horrifying screeches of death the gun produces when firing at any 4-wheeled object makes any vehicle leak their oil. Some earlier than others. Except the dumptruck, he just does not give a damn, about anything.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spherii said:

I don't call Alig just an Alig. I call it Mr. Alig, for it deserves that title. Just the horrifying screeches of death the gun produces when firing at any 4-wheeled object makes any vehicle leak their oil. Some earlier than others. Except the dumptruck, he just does not give a damn, about anything.

Lol, I have a love/hate relationship with trucks just because I like driving them and feeling invincible, but I hate when I'm trying to destroy it and can't 😞

6 hours ago, LazyLizard said:

Really? If you can't be bothered to work towards the mods, just buy em off the market.

You'd still be unable to equip them due to the rank requirement. That's literally the point of this thread.

Hell no. it will make no interest in grinding within the game, I srsly going against this thing I don't wanna see R10 getting my head off cause they got better mods than I have.

removing the r195 mod restriction would be nice, since theres no reason for those mods not to work just like the others

i dont really understand the whole "it removes leveling encouragement";

• those arent the only things unlocked at "end game" levels
  • you still receive a free copy and the ability to purchase the mods for cost, as rewards

The whole idea is pointless and breaks too many aspects of the game, marketplace, roles (pointman / rifleman) and contact progression.

Further to this, nearly all the mods are useable at rank 40. (-Muzzle brake, wide ammo box)

And new players have never had it so easy, with 250JT they can obtain most of the mods anyway with a little effort in FC.

XMdp08z.jpg

3AQBdf7.jpg

QUnvvQd.jpg

If players want to try out slotted weapons, 1000JT or for the time it takes to perform the following,

• 200 Assault rifle kills for 1 slot N-Tec unlock
  • 1500 Assault rifle kills for 2 slot N-Tec unlock

There is no point handing everything on a plate, the game is very user friendly provided players are not looking to be lazy.

1 minute ago, ElectroStingz said:

The whole idea is pointless and breaks too many aspects of the game, marketplace, roles (pointman / rifleman) and contact progression.

Further to this, nearly all the mods are useable at rank 40. (-Muzzle brake, wide ammo box)

And new players have never had it so easy, with 250JT they can obtain most of the mods anyway with a little effort in FC.

XMdp08z.jpg

3AQBdf7.jpg

QUnvvQd.jpg

If players want to try out slotted weapons, 1000JT or for the time it takes to perform the following,

• 200 Assault rifle kills for 1 slot N-Tec unlock
  • 1500 Assault rifle kills for 2 slot N-Tec unlock

There is no point handing everything on a plate, the game is very user friendly provided players are not looking to be lazy.

How long does it even take to earn JT as a new player? I don't care about that currency so I honestly don't know

Joker tickets, once you hit the activity, 50 and 150 emailed instantly, so that is baylan + asylum. = 400.

For the 1st prize, 200 x2 you have to wait until it resets every 7 days.

Asylum is easier to obtain, so 400 JT is possible every week.

Edited by ElectroStingz
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

<snip>

Removing the rank requirement for modifications entirely might be a bit too much, but lowering the requirements to R80-100 would certainly not be handing it on a silver platter. I don't think weapons need to be changed though, those can stay like that. It's also a good marketing strategy for people to buy on the Armas marketplace as it's an alternative to grinding which many prefer.

Car modifications and character modifications however don't need to have such a high rank requirement. Leaving aside that the FC's are pretty overwhelming for newer players,  That's 350 each week you can spend on for one modification which you have to refill as well for each week should you really like it, trying a different one out is also impossible, because you can't afford it unless you grind the FC's, which newer players shouldn't do as they should focus on leveling their ranking.

Rank 80 - 100 still takes a fair amount without premium, gives the players a chance to learn about the game before reaching said rank, while giving high-ranked players a chance to sell modifications that they don't use or have doubles of.

Edited by Spherii

46 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

if anything this would boost the marketplace, since removing the r195 restriction would allow a large part of the population to purchase these mods off of the mp

• Like 1