illgot

Remove or lower rank requirements for all mods

one of the largest advantages for seasoned players is knowing just how broken APB is and how to exploit it's buggy nature to win missions.

I'm not talking about cheating, I'm talking about the game mechanic oddities like sliding out of a moving vehicle and taking no damage while shooting at your enemy or bouncing grenades off buildings you know well, or hell, even knowing how to drop/pick up and carry items while jumping to move faster than you should (this is borderline cheating though).  Even our equipment and vehicles give us a massive leg up on newer players.

Saying that, and also stating I have no advantage to gain by changing rank requirements, I suggest we make the entry for new players a little easier.

Drop or completely remove the rank requirement for all modifications in game.  Veteran players do not need an even larger advantage playing the game than just knowing the quirks of the game mechanics and maps.

Having a group of maxed out players car surfing on a Vegas 4x4 while wearing Flak, Radar, open slot weapons versus a bunch of new players that have absolutely no chance at winning is not fun for the new players.

Not only are the new players still trying to learn the game mechanics, they have absolutely no way to use tactics that help them win until they reach rank 195.

If we lowered all mod requirements to rank 40, then the new players could gain access to the mods and they may have a chance at fighting back.

This suggestion is about new player retention, not our egos.  I know all us vets "suffered" through it, but not all of us would have stuck with APB if we entered as the game is now with rank 195 mods giving vets an even bigger advantage.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

A vet player is still going to slam a new player in to the ground even if the entire setup was switched around; vets with no mods and star vs new players with 3 slots and any mods. This is not an issue with the mods or any other setups in general, it is just a consequence of the game's smaller population and games with progression in general.

The only positive outcome I see from allowing mods at any rank is vets on new accounts being able to use whatever they want, and new players having everything right away. However this comes at the cost of destroying part of the games progression system and you could argue just allows vet players to have an even greater advantage on lower rank accounts due to being able to play with what they are familiar with. 

This is less of an issue with modifications and more of an issue with matchmaking struggling with the low population and new players unsure as to where to start.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 4

Every game becomes easier and easier for newer players to go through. This is a common trend with mmo's and variants.

This game should not be an exception, especially when said modifications are kind of the "meta" to have as well. 

Full support, if we want newer players to actually stay and enjoy the game, small things like these can help.

However, shouldn't you post this in suggestions as well? 

Edited by Spherii

With a better PC/Server performance a CarSurfer on roof is the most easy and funny target to hit.

With every weapon.

Problem :Carsurfer in opposition.

Enemy tactic: one is driving while other one surf on roof.

Counter tactic:

• if the car is moving, shoot that ez target, if it is not cheating he will miss 50% shoot than you.
  • if car is hold, ehy wait, is hold?? canT you kill him???l 
  • if you are chasing a car surfer , means that they like cheap tactic, Equip a good ALIG, plus some nice Ntec , go to to ram that bunch of lamers and you should kill alsoa  vegas in less than 4 sec, exactly the time for brake and let driver come out. Burn'em all ! yee (LTL weapons Not recommended)

Possible Results:

• opponent Un-equip Car Surfer
  • opponent lose mission
  • opponent dethreat 
  • opponent whisper "Alig-n00b"

Edited by Queen of Love
no one like surf
  • Like 1

Really? If you can't be bothered to work towards the mods, just buy em off the market.

Edited by LazyLizard

6 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

With a better PC/Server performance a CarSurfer on roof is the most easy and funny target to hit.

With every weapon.

Problem :Carsurfer in opposition.

Enemy tactic: one is driving while other one surf on roof.

Counter tactic:

• if the car is moving, shoot that ez target, if it is not cheating he will miss 50% shoot than you.
  • if car is hold, ehy wait, is hold?? canT you kill him???l 
  • if you are chasing a car surfer , means that they like cheap tactic, Equip a good ALIG, plus some nice Ntec , go to to ram that bunch of lamers and you should kill alsoa  vegas in less than 4 sec, exactly the time for brake and let driver come out. Burn'em all ! yee (LTL weapons Not recommended)

Possible Results:

• opponent Un-equip Car Surfer
  • opponent lose mission
  • opponent dethreat 
  • opponent whisper "Alig-n00b"

From what I understand countering car-surfer is indeed not hard to pull off.

But it shouldn't be limited to people who grinded to R195. Besides, it would be hilarious to see low R50's making full use of the car surfer mod.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, illgot said:

Drop or completely remove the rank requirement for all modifications in game. 

No !!! ......  There is no game without lvl up system , you play->you lvl up ->you unlock stuff. Real problem is not in mods, but in mach making system ! This is why u faceing those hight lvl players with better mods.

( Im sorry, BUT jeezus new generation gamers cant even lvl up .. if they dont get all the best stuff at first day they join up, game must be p2w or bad.)

Just now, Spherii said:

limited to people who grinded to R195. Besides, it would be hilarious to see low R50's making full use of the car surfer mod.

I'm sorry, did people forget JTs exist?

6 minutes ago, Spherii said:

Every game becomes easier and easier for newer players to go through. This is a common trend with mmo's and variants.

This game should not be an exception, especially when said modifications are kind of the "meta" to have as well. 

Full support, if we want newer players to actually stay and enjoy the game, small things like these can help.

However, shouldn't you post this in suggestions as well? 

For MMORPGs that's fine, for shooters it isn't, especially when other content like vehicles are gated by rank.

This game has problem retaining new players.  If new player retention was not a problem, then this would not be a discussion.

Just now, LazyLizard said:

I'm sorry, did people forget JTs exist?

Nope, I sit in FC all the time, and while you can purchase a 7-day modification (If it was that much, I can't recall.) It's not really the best place for newer members to grind considering it's mostly full of max rank players. I really don't see the problem with removing or lowering the ranks on modifications that are necessary, especially when the grind is that long.

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind removing the requirements for mods in total, but i would also suggest to remove mods like remote det, carspawner and and carsurfer entirely.

I am oldschool and i thing, if certain mods wouldnt even be in the game, there would be less to complain about, so it would be a win/win i believe.

Thing is, even a max rank player can and possibly will be absolute trash. Just because you played the game longer doesn't mean you're going to be an absolute god in it x.x

• Like 1

Honestly I think carsurfer should just be an innate ability. It's only marginally useful in certain situations but it's another one of those "Confuses the heck out of newbies" mechanics because it seems like something you should just do from the get-go.

I'm inclined to agree though, especially since most mods are a matter of preference. I know a lot of people who are split between CA 2 and 3. I'm not 100% sold on removing them entirely but I'd definitely crush the heck out of modification requirements so there's still some line of progression between the different ranks.

31 minutes ago, LazyLizard said:

Really? If you can't be bothered to work towards the mods, just buy em off the market.

thats the problem with the rank 195 locked ones, all mods once wer elike rank 30 at max (iirc) and that is kinda fine, but when they made the new mods they slapped this high R195 requirement. I do also think it's time to remove that high rank requirement.

• Like 2

IMO, either just remove the whole level restriction system. Or maybe add a district that restricts mods/cars that can only be accessed at a higher level (Maybe some weapons as well but thats out of topic.)? Or maybe we can just do smth like allowing players to purchase a R255/195 directly, which IMO does not really have that much of a negative impact on the game. There are several approaches that are available tbh but I think it essentially depends on how the entire system works (People under R195 can access weapon mods by buying pre-modded gun, which is also a thing).

13 minutes ago, Spherii said:

Nope, I sit in FC all the time, and while you can purchase a 7-day modification (If it was that much, I can't recall.) It's not really the best place for newer members to grind considering it's mostly full of max rank players. I really don't see the problem with removing or lowering the ranks on modifications that are necessary, especially when the grind is that long.

There is almost no grind for new players (except events ofc)..... One week and you are R70 if not R100. And those meta mods like cj3, ir3 and hs3 have r40 requirement. Real grind begins at R200 and its only for maxing our rank.

I dont want to be mean ,but game is already full of those low rank nfa-9, percs silvers who are desperate to get an ez win instead of learning and earning skills.

• Like 1

Remote Detonator fnmod_character_remotedetonator.pngshould be removed due to fact that there is not a real defense for it.

Neither with Flak Jakcet fnmod_character_flakjacket.png is possible survive to a big kamikaze car with Exp3 fnmod_vehicle_explosives3.png

Remote detonator should nerf the character/vehicle speed of 80% and active time should be never less than 10 sec.

Rank requirements wouldn't be much of a problem if leveling up didn't take centuries to do. Ontop of that, a lot of role requirements are also extreme. Role 16 for weapon roles requires 10,000 kills, 10 thousand, which is extremely grindy for access to a skin and a different ntec model with 3 slots on it (which is 10 day lease).

• Like 3

if you want to keep newbies interested and sticking with the game removing rank requirements from mods wont help with that. if anything its a very small bandage on a very big wound. its not going to help much if not at all. certain TTK ratio tweaks for a small minority of weapons as well as changes to threat levelling and matchmaking etc is what will keep most newbies interest.

as for completely changing 195 locked ranked requirements for mods etc. im unsure. then again i mostly couldn't give two craps either way.

i will say tho for a suggestion. i think they should lower the requirements for Level 3 weapon mods via role progress just a tad. because at rank 13 you need 5k kills with that weapon just to complete the role. not to mention level 12 is 3k - 11 is 2k - 10 is 1.5k etc you see how that stacks up alot 

Queen, your defense vs remote detonator is your eyes and some nades to pop the car. over the entire time RD existed I got blown up like 5 times. Just dont walk around blindly.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, illgot said:

Having a group of maxed out players car surfing on a Vegas 4x4 while wearing Flak, Radar, open slot weapons versus a bunch of new players that have absolutely no chance at winning is not fun for the new players.

Not only are the new players still trying to learn the game mechanics, they have absolutely no way to use tactics that help them win until they reach rank 195.

If we lowered all mod requirements to rank 40, then the new players could gain access to the mods and they may have a chance at fighting back.

This suggestion is about new player retention, not our egos.  I know all us vets "suffered" through it, but not all of us would have stuck with APB if we entered as the game is now with rank 195 mods giving vets an even bigger advantage.

the new player can use the mods with the jockertickets but yea its to hard for new players to play against Veterans.

3 minutes ago, Glubbable said:

Ontop of that, a lot of role requirements are also extreme. Role 16 for weapon roles requires 10,000 kills, 10 thousand, which is extremely grindy for access to a skin and a different ntec model with 3 slots on it (which is 10 day lease).

True .. but i dunno how to feel about it. I mean those players who already completed roles and grinded all those kills would be kind upset after seeing nubs who got same stuff for free without any work 😕

23 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

True .. but i dunno how to feel about it. I mean those players who already completed roles and grinded all those kills would be kind upset after seeing nubs who got same stuff for free without any work 😕

I mean you can sort of do that anyway, 2 hours in both FC districts and you should have enough tickets to get yourself a high rank mod for a week. I don't think they should ever lower it however, I think it's a good deterrent to get people to not cheat. If you work your way through the ranks, it'll pay concessions, but if you decide to cheat you'll never get to have availability to 4 slot cars you can purchase with in-game cash or high level modifications. 

The availability of thos mods and cars, weapons are the only things we can sometimes have over cheaters. 

49 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

Remote Detonator fnmod_character_remotedetonator.pngshould be removed due to fact that there is not a real defense for it.

Neither with Flak Jakcet fnmod_character_flakjacket.png is possible survive to a big kamikaze car with Exp3 fnmod_vehicle_explosives3.png

Remote detonator should nerf the character/vehicle speed of 80% and active time should be never less than 10 sec.

Never consider an enemy car safe. If anything, if you're not capable of destroying it yourself you should always be giving it a wide berth - and if the enemy is driving up to you and popping it then it's not something you should fall for twice.

2 minutes ago, Songbearer said:

Never consider an enemy car safe. If anything, if you're not capable of destroying it yourself you should always be giving it a wide berth - and if the enemy is driving up to you and popping it then it's not something you should fall for twice.

fnmod_character_valzipram.png = timelimit_kills_2.pngtimelimit_kills_3.pngtimelimit_kills_4.pngtimelimit_kills_5.png

The problem with Remote Detonator is the absurd 2 sec time for explode, Neither a Calabria can be destroyed so fast with a good ALIG.