WitchQueen

An LO Documentary

Pretty sure a lot of people think that LO aren't actually working on the engine and just playing Fortnite and moaning about Noobmaster69.

I think you should get one of your people (you got interns?) to go around with a phone and briefly interview a few people at work, to see what they're up to just so we get an insight into whats going on behind the scenes. We've heard a lot of stuff about the multi-threaded renderer etc but a lot of people don't really know or care what that means.

Matt Scott with his great comms has gone a long way to being a human face behind the company. But let's get a load of human faces behind the team and show the community first hand the amount of hard work that's being done.

And correct me if I'm wrong but this would be so easy and quick to do 😉 

• Like 11

I cringed.

And have you considered that these people rather don't identify themselves to this toxic community full of mentally unstable people? It's like "How to get harassed 101"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

speaking for myself

i don’t really care about the devs from an irl perspective, i don’t want to know who they are or what they look like, and i definitely don’t want to watch a shaky worldstar quality iphone video of some guy clickity clacking away at his work pc

their job is to develop not play amateur pr representative - if you want more direct staff/community interaction perhaps you should dm the community manager who’s specifically hired for that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sayori said:

I cringed.

And have you considered that these people rather don't identify themselves to this toxic community full of mentally unstable people? It's like "How to get harassed 101"

LOL! it's funny because it's true 😕

2 hours ago, WitchQueen said:

Matt Scott with his great comms has gone a long way to being a human face behind the company. But let's get a load of human faces behind the team and show the community first hand the amount of hard work that's being done.

And correct me if I'm wrong but this would be so easy and quick to do 😉 

Matt is reachable, which is good for a "face" of a company.
While I do think it would be cool to simply see their offices and their work routines etc, just from a personal curious standpoint, I think it won't do much to re-assure anyone anything and so it should only happen if people at the company are really up for it and wanna meet put their faces out there.

conceptually it's a good idea and makes business sense. it's likely a tad tricky to pull off something like an 'office tour' vibe as i would imagine many of the developers are off-shore. however, it's a fairly common practice now a days with twitch dev broadcasts and the like. just a few in-the-trenches people able to communicate what is going on and a little bit of the "why" it is happening. just good communication. builds confidence. etc...

personally, i'd be very concerned with people getting a new and fresh perception of G1 and LO as i invested tens of thousands MORE in the APB platform.

and i'd highly consider sun setting this forum. 9 years ago it was useful. now there are so many other channels for communication. this forum is mostly a digest and standing archive of disgruntled folks. it paints a pretty negative image of the game and it's community (be it true or not true). i'd take any and all resources being used for this forum and apply them to support tickets, managing in-game issues and social media.

at any rate, i would certainly make it a part of the re-launching process. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe do a livestream, showing some work in progress. overall showing how it is to work on the new engine (so it gives people an idea why its taking so damn long)

Even though their decisions were crazy unpopular and contributed to the death of the game... I kinda miss Dirty Bomb with its regular video updates, interviews with staff etc.

Though maybe they should have focused more on the game instead lol.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

A dev stream would be pretty neat, they don't even have to show their faces. They could talk about the issues they're facing, what they're working on etc while showcasing the current 3.5 build.

Edited by gogeo
Finished
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Even though their decisions were crazy unpopular and contributed to the death of the game... I kinda miss Dirty Bomb with its regular video updates, interviews with staff etc.

Though maybe they should have focused more on the game instead lol.

Ugh. One of the greatest games that momentarily distracted me from APB back in the day. I'm so sad this game died because it had so much potential. 

yeah why not record an entire season of the office in LO hq? would be fun. i bet matt scott could play michael scott. i mean, we got something in the surnames already.

53 minutes ago, Signarly said:

Ugh. One of the greatest games that momentarily distracted me from APB back in the day. I'm so sad this game died because it had so much potential. 

Same here... Same here. 

8 hours ago, Sayori said:

I cringed.

Actually you are right. If there is any thing I wouldn't want despite all this shit is for someone to dox LO staff.

People have lives despite this game development and this community is so toxic that I can imagine it turning to SWATing cases and all cases of nasty unworth anyone good or bad in that team.

Edited by Mitne

Yes and no.

Yes bc it would be interesting so how LO is operating as a company in the office, maybe we would meet funny/entertaining devs.

No bc community is too toxic and LO wont benefit from that

35 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Actually you are right. If there is any thing I wouldn't want despite all this shit is for someone to dox LO staff.

People have lives despite this game development and this community is so toxic that I can imagine it turning to SWATing cases and all cases of nasty unworth anyone good or bad in that team.

^

edit: I just realized - this community is toxic that we started to discuss not the game itself but the people who are developing it. Oh my...

Edited by wHisHi

i guess there is not too much to talk, Behind the scenes? they code lol

i think Matt wrote pretty much everything on the last news, you can see that he even told the details on how far they are on the engine.

I think we wont get much more info by the devs themselves also there is the toxicity problem and the harassment

Yeah show more faces so the community has more people to insult and blame, it's not like this didn't happen before. Sadly this is the APB community, or at least a very vocal part of them, that ruin all these nice things.

If this community only were like the MWO one. It would be such a happy place.

Honestly, you'd have to be a pretty big snowflake to not be able to take criticism online from a bunch of random goofballs. 

I cannot even imagine being that sensitive. 

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Honestly, you'd have to be a pretty big snowflake to not be able to take criticism online from a bunch of random goofballs. 

I cannot even imagine being that sensitive. 

^^ xd

Toxic, yes. Whenever Matt posts something positive though the reactions to the post are overwhelmingly positive. And as Cookie said they aren't snowflakes. Well the idea is there and it's an old one. I'd watch it lol.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:33 AM, CookiePuss said:

Dirty Bomb

On 7/21/2019 at 11:08 AM, Signarly said:

I'm so sad this game died because it had so much potential. 

So true. It was such an incredibly fun game for the short time I got to play it before they started destroying it with those arse-backwards decisions.

• Thanks 1