Lign

It's strange

I saw many times Matt stated there's no point to do something for the live game such as rebalance, bug fixes etc. until new engine but at the same time they released RIOT and trying to work on it. Who thought this was a good idea to introduce this garbage none asked for over things people usually asked for and probably easy to implement even on the current engine? Some examples such as nerfing rfp, nerfing spotter, fixing radar tower. Every time someone has a good idea that will increase a quality of life on live version, Matt responds "it will take a lot of dev resources, so wait for the new engine"

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I do agree to some extent; LO should've focused on adding more QoL changes/features to the game rather than adding RIOT to the game. Things would most definitely be much better right now if they went a different way about things. To my understanding, though, the engine upgrade has been in works since they took over, and they're no longer trying to work on RIOT, at least till the engine upgrade is complete? (can't remember where I read something like that but I'm too lazy to go look omegalol). Part of the reason why I don't play the game anymore is because the RFP is still as broken as ever, the radar tower does not work, and the ntec is still way too powerful and clearly better than any other AR (terrible balance). I can't help but be scared that the game won't even be alive long enough for the engine upgrade to release.. so yeah it is strange. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

I do agree to some extent; LO should've focused on adding more QoL changes/features to the game rather than adding RIOT to the game. Things would most definitely be much better right now if they went a different way about things. To my understanding, though, the engine upgrade has been in works since they took over, and they're no longer trying to work on RIOT, at least till the engine upgrade is complete? (can't remember where I read something like that but I'm too lazy to go look omegalol). Part of the reason why I don't play the game anymore is because the RFP is still as broken as ever, the radar tower does not work, and the ntec is still way too powerful and clearly better than any other AR (terrible balance). I can't help but be scared that the game won't even be alive long enough for the engine upgrade to release.. so yeah it is strange. 🤔

I don't think rebalance patch takes more resources than developing RIOT. But it's not only about rebalance, there were many other good ideas on forums that could be implemented. They started adding permament weapons for JT and it's an insanely good idea that people asked for. Not that hard and doesn't take a lot of dev resources, isn't it? 

Edited by Lign
  • Like 2

orbit felt that adding new content would do more for the remaining pop, but they are apparently going to start doing smaller fixes

7069ba1d32679fb087bb41631dbaf661.png

6 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

orbit felt that adding new content would do more for the remaining pop, but they are apparently going to start doing smaller fixes

It took almost a year to figure out what players want. They made a lot of good stuff for the live such as Trade system and armas rework. It got only positiove feedbacks, they also added new content such as seasoned events and every new event was a total failure. How was it hard to understand what ppl want?

Edited by Lign
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lign said:

I don't think rebalance patch takes more resources than developing RIOT. But it's not only about rebalance, there were many other good ideas on forums that could be implemented.

Very good point. But just imagine the number of good rebalances that could've taken place if all the resouces put into RIOT were put into that. I'm sure things would be going much better for the game right now if that was the case. 

And yeah, there's a lot more that could be added than just simple rebalances; I've read a number of awesome ideas on the forums that I really hope LO will consider adding in!

10 minutes ago, Lign said:

They started adding permament weapons for JT and it's an insanely good idea that people asked for. Not that hard and doesn't take a lot of dev resources, isn't it? 

This feature is definitely the feature I was most excited for since LO took over. Even though the options are very limited right now, I'm just happy they're even adding this in because this is a feature I and many others have wanted for years. It's not at all hard to implement, I'm sure. It just has to be given time to be considered, much like many other ideas that have been posted.

5 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

It's good that Matt is acknowledging this! I hope that LO will start to really focus on rebalances and minor additions alongside their work on the engine upgrade. 

19 minutes ago, Lign said:

How was it hard to understand what ppl want?

1e048144974e1175669362ccc6c37396.png

at what point to i just link the whole thread

Edited by Glaciers
edit

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

1e048144974e1175669362ccc6c37396.png

at what point to i just link the whole thread

So, basically he listened someone but not the game community? Well, I hope they will change it and it's not too late for the game. I actually understand him why he decided to listen someone over the community, in my memory communities from many games don't know what they want. But apb is exception.

Edited by Lign

4 minutes ago, Lign said:

So, basically he listened someone but not the game community?

Its not fair to pretend the entire community agrees on anything.

Even polls are lucky to get more than like 5% of players to vote.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lign said:

But apb is exception.

apb is no exception tbh, there's tons of contradicting opinions on just about everything

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Its not fair to pretend the entire community agrees on anything.

Even polls are lucky to get more than like 5% of players to vote.

True, but show me those who doesn’t like the stuff LO gave to us such as trade system or armas pricing rework.

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

apb is no exception tbh, there's tons of contradicting opinions on just about everything

In most cases there were very fair points on what the game needs now. Ofc, we get a lot of stupid ideas but mostly on forums I saw  good ideas

15 minutes ago, Lign said:

True, but show me those who doesn’t like the stuff LO gave to us such as trade system or armas pricing rework.

Ahh... very good point.

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Ahh... very good point.

Apb has a lot of huge problems and the entire community agrees on it. For example dethreaters. Basically everyone from the healthy community wants it to be ended and any change on it would be a very positive even the change on crutches  because of the current engine will get a positive feedback. Currently the game is not in the statement when someone will like dev decisions on fixes and someone not. Basically every fix Is positive for us

wait so the dude gives responses on discord but ignores to tell the people on the forums

nice!

guess no one knows how communication works i guess

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Lign said:

Apb has a lot of huge problems and the entire community agrees on it. For example dethreaters.

Seems a bunch of bans went out today for dethreaters and griefers. But yeah, its been too long coming.

42 minutes ago, Alani said:

wait so the dude gives responses on discord but ignores to tell the people on the forums

nice!

When are you rejoining?

...I miss you ya fucking nerd.

2 hours ago, Alani said:

nice!

as "unofficial" as the discord is it has more members than the forum, its not that weird that each get different info releases sometimes

i do wish it was an official discord tho

Edited by Glaciers
typo

4 hours ago, Lign said:

It took almost a year to figure out what players want. They made a lot of good stuff for the live such as Trade system and armas rework. It got only positiove feedbacks, they also added new content such as seasoned events and every new event was a total failure. How was it hard to understand what ppl want?

in all fairness intended , the community kept asking for new content and  received new content then complained about new content

it is hard to know what people want when that happens

Friendly reminder @MattScott that currently (and for a while now), the only thing I've been wanting is Little Orbit's variant of Improved Rifling (the percentage plus flat increase to range, at the cost of reduced fire rate one) implemented as its own mod. Was extremely nice in many of the guns I enjoy using (thus greatly increasing my fun factor with them even further), and would be very nice to get that back...

7 hours ago, Lign said:

I saw many times Matt stated there's no point to do something for the live game such as rebalance, bug fixes etc. until new engine but at the same time they released RIOT and trying to work on it. Who thought this was a good idea to introduce this garbage none asked for over things people usually asked for and probably easy to implement even on the current engine? Some examples such as nerfing rfp, nerfing spotter, fixing radar tower. Every time someone has a good idea that will increase a quality of life on live version, Matt responds "it will take a lot of dev resources, so wait for the new engine"

Riot is a test of their new system like matching.  Weapon balance isn't testing new systems.

Cant agree more..because theyr idea was to put some BR mode no matter what.This was the main reason they bought the game.Try and see if gonna works out.Well failed mostly because what they made sux.More simple BR will work 100 times better.Like "well we cant do anything before 3.5" meanwhile they rework entire financial.But no theres nothing can be done for matchmaking we must wait..who cares matches are unplayable.Huge amount of quality of life changes could be added for this time.Increase amount of decals for free players(cuztomiz)eleminatin rank 16 weapon roles,improving voip,effort to tweak matchmaking and hundred of other small things

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lign said:

It was to train their code monkeys.

The bad thing is that adding new maps splits community and the game would feel more empty, leading to more player loss... but why listening to people who played apb for 8-9k hours?

54 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Cant agree more..because theyr idea was to put some BR mode no matter what.This was the main reason they bought the game.Try and see if gonna works out.Well failed mostly because what they made sux.More simple BR will work 100 times better.Like "well we cant do anything before 3.5" meanwhile they rework entire financial.But no theres nothing can be done for matchmaking we must wait..who cares matches are unplayable.Huge amount of quality of life changes could be added for this time.Increase amount of decals for free players(cuztomiz)eleminatin rank 16 weapon roles,improving voip,effort to tweak matchmaking and hundred of other small things

It just feels hypocrite for me, that's why I decided to create a topic

Edited by Lign

4 hours ago, Lign said:

It just feels hypocrite for me, that's why I decided to create a topic

is not just a feel is fact..like whatever im out of this forums anyway this game not gonna move till end of the year at all 

😃

9 hours ago, Glaciers said:

i do wish it was an official discord tho

I wish there was an official discord, but Id rather the community discord stay independent. LO would never allow some of the shit we get up to in Natzu's.

Edited by CookiePuss

I think OP's pfp is strange.