Seedy

Am I the only one using decent graphic settings?

On 7/20/2019 at 4:45 AM, Seedy said:

Just been on Twitch. Seen some streamers with crazy seriously bad graphics settings. One guys character and all AI and other players looked like they all had the same colour clothes on and his explosions were really low quality. It looks like most people streaming right now on Twitch are using this or similar settings.  Plus no sign graphics were there and the buildings had 1 level of detail which was the lowest quality i have ever seen! 

Isnt this some kind of file mods and can be considered to be file hacking?

8pfSNfx.png

My last benchmark I ran in fraps I was getting this:

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
 37408,    300000,  88, 146, 124.693

This is center of a full district with some combat round,on an 8 year old Xeon X5690. Idk what ya'll are doing to get your fps so low.

TBF, I am using a GTX 1080 and have APB installed to a separate NVMe drive, but still I would think newer CPUs would be getting better fps. Maybe the extra 2 cores help.

I have a 1070 and the advanced launcher low settings takes care of the majority of stuttering.  The game also runs at a higher consistent FPS instead of constantly dipping to 60 or below for seconds at a time.

I'm playing every shooter and kind of competitive games on low graphics just for the performance and better visibility. Maybe the FPS are better with the use of the Advanced Launcher but without it, I've got < 100 FPS with a 7700k @ 4.6 GHz and a 1060.

Everything on low except cars/character/weapons is just fine for me at the moment x)

Again, if you're streaming or recording for an external audience, you should ideally be running decent graphical settings.

If you're just playing by yourself, it doesn't really matter unless manipulating the settings gives you a significant advantage.

On 7/20/2019 at 12:45 PM, Seedy said:

Just been on Twitch. Seen some streamers with crazy seriously bad graphics settings. One guys character and all AI and other players looked like they all had the same colour clothes on and his explosions were really low quality. It looks like most people streaming right now on Twitch are using this or similar settings.  Plus no sign graphics were there and the buildings had 1 level of detail which was the lowest quality i have ever seen! 

Isnt this some kind of file mods and can be considered to be file hacking?

Im using fully up'ed graphics and reshade+sweetFX

On 7/20/2019 at 3:50 PM, Nite said:

Remember this chart from the latest engine upgrade progress thread? Those 0.1% lows for the LIVE run are presumably what the potato graphics players with monster rigs are trying to avoid. I don't know if it actually works, but that's the theory I last heard.

no, that's not how it works. the 0.1% lows are the fpsdrops.

it's benchmarks from one system. you can even read the specs of said system on the left side to each of the bar-groups. (plus the build number etc)

Edited by neophobia

I only have bloom off, but everything else pretty much maxed. I get a frequent ~20 fps drop that makes the game pause for a moment no matter what I do unless I lock it under 60 fps. Even then it'll still do it randomly though slightly less. It's frustrating since it tends to happen just as I engage and therefore will always miss a shot or two or my tracking will be thrown off.

Whatever changed with the shaders a while ago makes bloom really bothersome, so I have it off with brightness turned up @ 1080p. If I'm going to play for a while I'd rather suffer without whatever edge I might have from lower rez/graphics to instead have something halfway decent to look at.

What really troubles me is how those with extremely low graphics sometimes also remove muzzle flashes which as far as I understand isn't allowed by LO. But hey if all that gets them their 50+ kills MVP with their PMG skillz to screenshot and hang on their refrigerator to feel accomplished then I wish them a happier life.

2 minutes ago, liliya said:

I get a frequent ~20 fps drop that makes the game pause for a moment no matter what I do unless I lock it under 60 fps. Even then it'll still do it randomly though slightly less. It's frustrating since it tends to happen just as I engage and therefore will always miss a shot or two or my tracking will be thrown off.

I get the exact same problem. I thought I should lower my settings to make it stop but I guess it's not something I can fix.