Seedy

Am I the only one using decent graphic settings?

Just been on Twitch. Seen some streamers with crazy seriously bad graphics settings. One guys character and all AI and other players looked like they all had the same colour clothes on and his explosions were really low quality. It looks like most people streaming right now on Twitch are using this or similar settings.  Plus no sign graphics were there and the buildings had 1 level of detail which was the lowest quality i have ever seen! 

Isnt this some kind of file mods and can be considered to be file hacking?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

For some, it's edgy having low quality graphics.  Some people are just seriously stubborn about having halfway decent computers.

The computer I had in 2012 ran the game at max just fine, minus the unavoidable stuttering here and there from garbage collection, 90ish fps max 2560x1600.  The fact that some people STILL can't play the game with the graphics turned up is absurd to me,

I personally believe that those that still can't run the game decently have no right to complain in 2019.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hey you are not the only that use good graphic settings and i dont know whats going on with those that says theyr pc cant handle this game at high graphical settings.

I used to run the game with Maximum video settings even with my previous "ancient" pc ( an 8 years old pc with 6 gb ram, intel i7 860  2.80 GHz and GTX 470 lol).

Edited by iDontThinkSo
  • Like 1

I used to play on high graphics and have around 25 fps.

Im not sure if your computers are at the level where you dont feel APB or if you cant tell but people play on low settings for performance only.

15 minutes ago, iDontThinkSo said:

"ancient" pc ( an 8 years old pc with 6 gb ram, intel i7 860  2.80 GHz and GTX 470 lol).

I dont even

Edited by Mozie
-.-

17 minutes ago, mynd said:

For some, it's edgy having low quality graphics.  Some people are just seriously stubborn about having halfway decent computers.

The computer I had in 2012 ran the game at max just fine, minus the unavoidable stuttering here and there from garbage collection, 90ish fps max 2560x1600.  The fact that some people STILL can't play the game with the graphics turned up is absurd to me,

I personally believe that those that still can't run the game decently have no right to complain in 2019.

I totally agree. I dont get why the company is pandering to people with PCs running shit OS and less than adequate hardware.

My Spec. I run the game on Full EVERYTHING

CPU: Intel i7 4790k
Board: ASUSTeK Maximus VII RAnger
RAM: 16gig DDr3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX680 GDDR5 4 Gig
Connection: 100meg up, 30meg down

(my PC was built in 2010)

1 minute ago, Seedy said:

I totally agree. I dont get why the company is pandering to people with PCs running shit OS and less than adequate hardware.

Because they actually play the game instead of complaining about other players on the forums.

you're not the only one: i have my shit on high, looks decent, runs good, i don't need 140fps if i can have 100-120 and still clap, i used to play all my games on low til 2017 and i'm not in the mood of playin a play-doh game anymore

hope that helps.

Edited by _chain
  • Thanks 1

I used to have a low end PC when I started playing APB & had to play with almost everything on low. I have a much better PC & play on the highest settings but I haven't felt much of a difference in graphics other than the brighter lights etc. Most of the things feel the exact same, esp the character & vehicle models. But yeah, people with C2Ds still exist. 

Some have to use graphics like that to get a playable FPS count, some do it for the little advantage it brings.

• Thanks 1

The problem is that even rather adequate setups still get crappy FPS, stuttering, and freezing.

For some, dropping all settings is a way to help, others are edgy and do it for the advantage, and some are straight up just used to it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mynd said:

I personally believe that those that still can't run the game decently have no right to complain in 201

they aren’t, that’s the people whining about how other people play

On 6/21/2019 at 6:03 PM, MattScott said:

Here are the benchmark results:

upgrade_benchmark.png

Remember this chart from the latest engine upgrade progress thread? Those 0.1% lows for the LIVE run are presumably what the potato graphics players with monster rigs are trying to avoid. I don't know if it actually works, but that's the theory I last heard.

I have always played the game with the highest settings.

Even with my last potato.

If you have quality cpu and gpu, running low or high makes little difference. We need the engine upgrade so the game can make proper user of multicore cpu's. I get 100 fps on max and maybe 120fps on low but during gunfights, everything stutters so hard. Game needs to be optimised.

• Like 1

file hacking lol

messing with config files has been generally fine for the last like 8 or so years xd

There's nothing wrong with the red clay characters. To each their own. 

I play on low settings because that is what I am used to. I don't need fancy graphics, and honestIy don't want 'em either

On 7/20/2019 at 3:14 PM, Seedy said:

My Spec. I run the game on Full EVERYTHING

CPU: Intel i7 4790k
Board: ASUSTeK Maximus VII RAnger
RAM: 16gig DDr3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX680 GDDR5 4 Gig
Connection: 100meg up, 30meg down

(my PC was built in 2010)

the  i7 4790k was released in f**kin 2014 how did you build it in 2010? oof stop.

• Like 1

people play on minimal graphics for the a e s t h e t i c and because its 'edgy'

Feel free to donate me a new PC so I can run with higher graphic with no problems! 🙂

On 7/20/2019 at 7:59 PM, iDontThinkSo said:

I used to run the game with Maximum video settings even with my previous "ancient" pc ( an 8 years old pc with 6 gb ram, intel i7 860  2.80 GHz and GTX 470 lol).

I can top that, intel i5 with 4 gbs of ram : ) .

How would you feel if people literally couldn't play because game dev. teams stopped careing about the "Potatoe farmers" to the point 15 fps was the maxium they could hit, and you lost 40% of the population .

Free games tend not to attract monster rig pc's.

On 7/20/2019 at 2:45 AM, Seedy said:

Just been on Twitch. Seen some streamers with crazy seriously bad graphics settings. One guys character and all AI and other players looked like they all had the same colour clothes on and his explosions were really low quality. It looks like most people streaming right now on Twitch are using this or similar settings.  Plus no sign graphics were there and the buildings had 1 level of detail which was the lowest quality i have ever seen! 

Isnt this some kind of file mods and can be considered to be file hacking?

while i have not seen the video , nor am i aware of details about the advanced launcher as others are, i can say that there is a reputation for those who use cheats to use the bare crappy settings  like that , from some who used to steam when they did use cheats.

its one reason why when someone does use settings that terrible that people suspect them of cheating , myself included.

most normal people want a game to look and feel awesome , and the industry's direction to please the consumers with better graphics and performance the past few years show that.

• Like 1