9 minutes ago, Kylegrey2 said:

You realize people who dethreat arent just magically better than the silvers and bronze players they are destroying? They too were once bronzes getting decimated by dethreaters... this is why they feel no shame about their behaviour. Its a visciuos cycle and unfortunately that is just how apb is. It sucks, I know, but pointing fingers one way or the other is dishonest. Its an issue from both ends. I agree that dethreaters should get the ban hammer but so should people who throw matches and screw over their teamates because their egos cant stand a terrible loss. Keep in mind, i dealt with the same crap when i was a beginner. Eventually you get better and learn that dethreaters are actually garbage at the game. If they joined a silver district and went up egainst legit pros, they would get owned. At a certain point, you have to consider it part of apb's learning curve. Its been this way for near a decade, either get through it or play something else.

Again you miss the point by miles.

It's not about whether dethreaters are part of APB or not. My point is that the sole nature of this ban is highly inconsistent with what's going on on a daily basis. Whether we can accept dethreaters as players or not doesn't really matter. I'm also not talking just about OP but about OP's situation compared to the larger picture, which again brings me to the conclusion that a ban like this is based on rules that are enforced too inconsistently to be justified in this case. 

You can't just ban someone leeching through a mission and then turn a blind eye on everyone doing this on a daily basis "just because it's part of the game". Anyone that would look at it with a sober mind would turn away from the game instantly, before even trying the game out. If you want more decent players to leave as a developer and further kill your game, this is exactly the way to do it. 

Edited by Haganu
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

Again you miss the point by miles.

It's not about whether dethreaters are part of APB or not. My point is that the sole nature of this ban is highly inconsistent with what's going on on a daily basis. Whether we can accept dethreaters as players or not doesn't really matter. I'm also not talking just about OP but about OP's situation compared to the larger picture, which again brings me to the conclusion that a ban like this is based on rules that are enforced too inconsistently to be justified in this case. 

You can't just ban someone leeching through a mission and then turn a blind eye on everyone doing this on a daily basis "just because it's part of the game". Anyone that would look at it with a sober mind would turn away from the game instantly, before even trying the game out. If you want more decent players to leave as a developer and further kill your game, this is exactly the way to do it. 

I uderstand what youre saying. Im not convinced he got banned for leaching his way through one mission one time. Its more likely hes been reported by multiple players for pulling this sort of thing on a regular basis. That absolutely merits a ban. And to say "others do it all the time and they dont get banned, so its not fair" is just a deflection. Ive gone afk many times during missions because of phone calls or people knocking at my door... never been banned. So maybe youre right, maybe the rules arent being applied consistently, or maybe im right and op has been pissing of tons of teammates who just want to play the game with a team who gives a damn. Crappy behaviour is crappy behaviour regardless of the twist you put on it.

I also should point out that dethreaters dont go afk or refuse to participate so they can go back to silver. They run direcly into the action with the intention of getting killed by the opposition as many times as they can. Its more difficult to determine if someone is throwing a match than it is to determine someone is actively not participating in a match.

Edited by Kylegrey2
something to add

On 7/20/2019 at 5:32 AM, Fortune Runner said:

while it is wrong for detrheaters to be in bronze , it is also wrong to throw matches and screw over your team

two wrongs do not make a right and in this case its why they  came to their decision.

i have no personal opinion on the matter.

There's something like kick for AFK demerit if someone minds...most prefer to rage over it instead of kick tho

1 minute ago, NoobQueen said:

There's something like kick for AFK demerit if someone minds...most prefer to rage over it instead of kick tho

some people keep moving just so they can not be afk kicked.

when you can not call in backup and someone goes afk but avoids the afk demerit intentionally  it only hurts the team they are on.

I do not know about the situation with op , but there's people who do this intentionally  the way I mentioned and it really hurts the missions then.

in situations like that the person avoiding the afk kick to throw the mission is in the wrong.

5 minutes ago, NoobQueen said:

Yup. There's tools ingame that let the team simply kick the afk/teamkiller, but nobody bothers using them because why do the logical thing when you can just throw a tantrum instead? Then the person doing nothing wrong gets the banhammer, because those tantruming children spam reports on them.

It's like games with a chat filter, where players get banned for foul language. Like, mods, the fuck is wrong with you?

(before the mods here lose their shit, I'm talking about the mods in those games. calm yourselves)

On 7/19/2019 at 6:38 PM, Bambola said:

Playing a game by not playing it is probably the silliest way to play. 

Joshua would disagree. "Strange game, the only winning move is to not play." 

2 hours ago, Kylegrey2 said:

I uderstand what youre saying. Im not convinced he got banned for leaching his way through one mission one time. Its more likely hes been reported by multiple players for pulling this sort of thing on a regular basis. That absolutely merits a ban. And to say "others do it all the time and they dont get banned, so its not fair" is just a deflection. Ive gone afk many times during missions because of phone calls or people knocking at my door... never been banned. So maybe youre right, maybe the rules arent being applied consistently, or maybe im right and op has been pissing of tons of teammates who just want to play the game with a team who gives a damn. Crappy behaviour is crappy behaviour regardless of the twist you put on it.

I also should point out that dethreaters dont go afk or refuse to participate so they can go back to silver. They run direcly into the action with the intention of getting killed by the opposition as many times as they can. Its more difficult to determine if someone is throwing a match than it is to determine someone is actively not participating in a match.

I didn't really mean the generic deflection like phone calls or whatever urgent stuff that pulls you out of the game. You're probably right though that OP did it multiple times and got actioned, but that's still too inconsistent to be justified, because dethreaters do it daily on purpose just to lose gold threat.

But yeah, deflecting it with "but everyone does it" doesn't really justify anything either. Basically the same with traffic tickets.

I do want to say it's rather easy to determine if it's feeding or participating and doing bad though. Sure it's more activity than AFKing, but feeding is about as obvious as AFKing, hence why it can be reported in other shooters.

14 minutes ago, Haganu said:

I didn't really mean the generic deflection like phone calls or whatever urgent stuff that pulls you out of the game. You're probably right though that OP did it multiple times and got actioned, but that's still too inconsistent to be justified, because dethreaters do it daily on purpose just to lose gold threat.

But yeah, deflecting it with "but everyone does it" doesn't really justify anything either. Basically the same with traffic tickets.

I do want to say it's rather easy to determine if it's feeding or participating and doing bad though. Sure it's more activity than AFKing, but feeding is about as obvious as AFKing, hence why it can be reported in other shooters.

I suppose youre right, when someone is constantly dethreating, it should be easy enough to detect and i think people should be at least temporarily banned for it. People have been saying it for years but nothing has been done. The only advice i can give the noobies is to power through. You will lose over and over but will come out stronger in the end.

Sadly the only thing we can do yeah.

Guys the whole point of this is ""

They ban me for afking an refuseding to fight gold players .. yet teh same FAKE GOLDs DeRank every day..without fail.. yet nothing is done to them.. this is my point.. 

u want it fair>> start to ban the Derankers that u can find everyday all the time..right now in fact if u went in to bronze u would see it looks like silver.. its crazy..

An just as a note .. reson i dont try hard as i should is due to not knowing if the hackers have been delt with or not..an from all i see read.. hackers still run APB.. now soon as i know for real..this is a problem delt with then ill gladly join silver an pwn .. right now u dont know if its a hacker or a pro thats killed u... 

"there is NO trust"  an it dont help u ban someone for " not really doing alot" u go afk takes 1 min... then u can be kicked.. i dont get how that =  a ban but im sure some smart patootie will say something..

1 hour ago, BoomLion said:

right now u dont know if its a hacker or a pro thats killed u

if you cant tell the difference then i question whether it matters at all tbh

Welcome to the LO Mindset.

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Yup. There's tools ingame that let the team simply kick the afk/teamkiller, but nobody bothers using them because why do the logical thing when you can just throw a tantrum instead? Then the person doing nothing wrong gets the banhammer, because those tantruming children spam reports on them.

It's like games with a chat filter, where players get banned for foul language. Like, mods, the fuck is wrong with you?

(before the mods here lose their shit, I'm talking about the mods in those games. calm yourselves)

Ye that's pretty interesting to ban people for AFK while cheaters breed in asylum lmao this game.

anyone stop to think that the OP is probably not telling the whole truth? usually with people getting banned they claim it was "this one thing i did that would be silly to ban for" but its actually the 100's of other little horrible things they did in game that got them banned, it just took time to accumulate past the ban level?

3 minutes ago, Seadee said:

anyone stop to think that the OP is probably not telling the whole truth? usually with people getting banned they claim it was "this one thing i did that would be silly to ban for" but its actually the 100's of other little horrible things they did in game that got them banned, it just took time to accumulate past the ban level?

well that is just it , Little Orbit does not ban off of the smaller things the first time it happens so i am sure most are aware of that.

If this person does this behavior daily then its the same as 100 different things piling up

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BoomLion said:

An just as a note .. reson i dont try hard as i should is due to not knowing if the hackers have been delt with or not..an from all i see read.. hackers still run APB..

You lost me here... hacking is nowhere near the problem it used to be. I occasionally have my suspicions about certain players but thats all they are, suspicions. Do you actually believe hackers are running apb or are you just using that as an excuse for poor sportsmanship? Either way, unless someone is speed hacking, you will never know for sure if its a hacker or a pro killing you. You need to change your mindframe if you want to keep playing this game.

2 hours ago, Seadee said:

^ basically this ^ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

^ basically this ^ 

^ what he said ^

there's gold dethreating and then there's what op sounds like as throwing missions.

two wrongs do not make a right since you hurt innocent players in this.

i cant say you did not deserve what happened because of it since you are not innocent either.

As for golds dethreating

some golds are not golds but got carried like what can happen to me.

I have never been able to keep gold status.

just because you see a gold in bronze does not mean anything because of it.

and for cheaters

you posted yourself that you cant tell....so why was that brought up??

If that is you who afk runs to where you can not be booted then I do not have pity for you , since what you do is as bad as a true gold dethreating to bronze.

both are toxic for the mission

Edited by Fortune Runner

Fun fact: if everyone who could attain gold in bronze played in silver districts, you'd have fairer matches in both bronze AND silver

But that would require decent human beings. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

As for golds dethreating

some golds are not golds but got carried like what can happen to me.

I have never been able to keep gold status.

just because you see a gold in bronze does not mean anything because of it.

it's not golds that are dethreating, its silvers, who are on the cusp of being gold, but don't want to put the effort in to actually playing fair, no self respecting player who has attained actual gold would entertain the idea of dethreating to bronze, because fighting silvers is easy enough already...

Really wish people would stop blaming Golds, just call them what they are "losers" both literally and figuratively. 

5 hours ago, Seadee said:

it's not golds that are dethreating, its silvers, who are on the cusp of being gold, but don't want to put the effort in to actually playing fair, no self respecting player who has attained actual gold would entertain the idea of dethreating to bronze, because fighting silvers is easy enough already...

Really wish people would stop blaming Golds, just call them what they are "losers" both literally and figuratively. 

because I play in bronze as well as silver and there's a few golds who blatantly dethreated to do this.

as an example : when you can go 18 and 2 against a group of silvers and golds in bronze when they are lucky to get 5 to 7 kills its a good indication of who to keep an eye on

the ones I refer to tend to dethreat daily and get gold daily , and keep it until they dethreat to lose it then log off , just to keep playing like my example.

its not always that bad but it does happen that way.

also its kinda bad to assume  a gold is respectable just because they are gold , so please don't do that anymore.

no one is saying all golds do this either , but there are a few who are absolutely gold (like my example) who do this as well as silvers who dethreat.

24 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

because I play in bronze as well as silver and there's a few golds who blatantly dethreated to do this.

as an example : when you can go 18 and 2 against a group of silvers and golds in bronze when they are lucky to get 5 to 7 kills its a good indication of who to keep an eye on

the ones I refer to tend to dethreat daily and get gold daily , and keep it until they dethreat to lose it then log off , just to keep playing like my example.

its not always that bad but it does happen that way.

also its kinda bad to assume  a gold is respectable just because they are gold , so please don't do that anymore.

no one is saying all golds do this either , but there are a few who are absolutely gold (like my example) who do this as well as silvers who dethreat.

Self-respecting isnt the same as being respectable, if you earnt Gold through hardwork, you are not going to throw it away for the sake of an easy game, the only people who "dethreat" are the ones who cant hack it at Gold, who get beaten constantly so never feel like they are any good, they stroke their epeen by fighting in bronze when they are silver in order to make themselves feel big.

like i said before, if they are floating from silver to gold, they are at best a mid - high silver with no self-respect, i will iterate again, they are not Golds, they are Losers, it's insulting to players who obtained gold and keep it, as it is in some way also insulting to any player who puts effort into playing the game and wants to have fun. 

just to be clear, i loath the concept of Dethreating and i am glad that i wont ever have to fight those kinds of people, but i do feel sorry for those that do have to put up with them, i hope a solution is found.

thats all opinions on your part.

I spoke from first hand playing on both districts seeing it for myself. *shrugs*