Sign in to follow this  
Farbon Ciber

Possible idea to get engine upgrade out sooner

This may not be possible, but what if the focus was to get the map closest to completion done  then release the Engine upgrade with the single map, which would allow us to start enjoying sooner, then LO would focus on the other maps, perhaps focusing on the maps with contacts first

i realize you need both Financial and Waterfront to rank up, but perhaps that can be worked around somehow

• Like 2

Crossmap pledge... coff coff...

How long ive had this idea? Is not just now, its something necessary for the reasons i gave with my "first" acc.

yeah we just need to bribe one of the little orbit employees to push the "upgrade engine" button in mattscott's office

in all seriousness i don't think the engine upgrade progress has much to do with either map, it seems to be more about the underlying systems - releasing earlier might mean that missions won't activate or that the UI doesnt work or any one of a million other things

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Farbon Ciber said:

This may not be possible, but what if the focus was to get the map closest to completion done  then release the Engine upgrade with the single map, which would allow us to start enjoying sooner, then LO would focus on the other maps, perhaps focusing on the maps with contacts first

i realize you need both Financial and Waterfront to rank up, but perhaps that can be worked around somehow

the engine is what makes the game move.

if it is not complete then you can not rush it or it will simply not work.

I don't really think rushing out the engine upgrade is a good idea.. If you're going to release something important you might as well get release it when it is 100% complete. You don't want people to come in, have a bad first impression, and then leave for an indefinite amount of time. I hate that they're taking this long to get this out (especially knowing that G1 allegedly made a lot of progress on the engine upgrade pre-LO) but I also don't want it to be rushed out. All we can really do right now is hope that the engine upgrade isn't given the Soon™ treatment and that it is completed before the game dies due to lack of content/improvement..

Edited by Goldtiger

1 hour ago, Farbon Ciber said:

That was pretty much the idea with Riot that it's a new game mode which would would provide new content for new and old players, while also being trendy as a Battle Royale but not so tradition in the way it is that it won't piss off existing users with the fact it is a battle royale.

but of course Riot was not well received.

As for a new map with new contacts and rewards... do you have any idea how long that would of taken?

1 minute ago, VickyFox said:

That was pretty much the idea with Riot

i don't think thats what op meant

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

i don't think thats what op meant

My point was that LO was and is trying to get new content out in the meantime while the Engine Upgrade is being down, The OP wan't a new map while the Engine Upgrade is being done instead.

LittleOrbit spent more time with coding for Riot than actually altering the map.

It's easy to say what people want and what people don't like, But when asked what people like, they tend to become unsure and disagree with others.

I don't think making a new map is going to be any more quicker than the Unreal Engine upgrade to 3.5

11 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

As for a new map with new contacts and rewards... do you have any idea how long that would of taken?

with the current menu for choosing districts we can only have so many anyways so a new map isnt a good idea without an engine upgrade

i dont think people really know that yet though

2 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

My point was that LO was and is trying to get new content out in the meantime while the Engine Upgrade is being down, The OP wan't a new map while the Engine Upgrade is being done instead.

LittleOrbit spent more time with coding for Riot than actually altering the map.

op isnt asking for a new map as far as i can tell, he doesnt seem to fully understand what the engine upgrade is and is asking for one the current maps to be "engine upgradified" and immediately rereleased

1 hour ago, Farbon Ciber said:

LO would focus on the other maps, perhaps focusing on the maps with contacts first

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

op isnt asking for a new map as far as i can tell, he doesnt seem to fully understand what the engine upgrade is and is asking for one the current maps to be "engine upgradified" and immediately rereleased

i thought he meant that too.

thank you for translating

17 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Yeah that's not really how an engine upgrade works.  The EU is being done to fix and update the back end systems that the game runs on.  The maps really don't have anything to  do with it.  

You do realize engine is something other than just map?

Before making such threads in future I propose undergoing basic course on how game development works. You got a lot of such videos online.

TL:DR - Engine is heart of game, without it other "organs" of game can't work. It's totally impossible to "update engine" on one aspect of game. Engine affects whole game.

Edited by Mitne

Good ideas here BUT they make too much sense so.... Were not gonna do it.

hjdxD7q.jpg

Dont do this.

Content is apart of the game.

Even if it changed the whole game, its a bad idea to release unfinished products.

Some companies have been trying to normalize this idea for ages, it shouldn't happen. Its bad.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this