Zolerox

"patch notes" july 17th stuff

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/patch-notes

PC

Balance and Bug Update - July, 17th, 2019

Build number: 1.20.0 (1152)

OVERVIEW

Minor bug fixes and Joker Store updates.

CHANGES/FIXES

• Reduced the experience required for the RIOT contact for levels five and up
  • The dragon weapon skin now applies correctly for the N-TEC 5
  • The following guns now have permanent unlocks in the Joker Store

* S1-TIC 'Rabid' JT1 now sells for 6000 JT and 60000 APB$

* S1-TIC 'Rabid' JT3 now sells for 10000 JT and 100000 APB$

* S-247 'Oblivion' JT1 now sells for 6000 JT and 60000 APB$

* S-247 'Oblivion' JT3 now sells for 10000 JT and 100000 APB$

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's great they are adding the ARMAS-only guns to JT perma choices, in the long run, it means we can actually say this game isn't P2W - you CAN earn every gun with enough time investment.  

I hope they introduce a few more ways to earn JT or maybe bump up the JT's earned per daily missions.
Some missions you only earn 5/10 tickets, which feels low to me.

(edit)
also a positive side effect of having perma JT weapons that are worth something, is that it makes accounts a little more precious when you sink hours into them.
*cough* in other words, some players will be a little more deterred to break game rules and potentially lose their permanent JT weapons that they spent X amount of hours collecting:)

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 4

nice to see the joker store continue to get updates

pretty clear that riot is getting left by the wayside, i feel like each patch has just a little bit less fixes

2 hours ago, Tigrix said:

It's great they are adding the ARMAS-only guns to JT perma choices, in the long run, it means we can actually say this game isn't P2W - you CAN earn every gun with enough time investment.  

That's not really the definition of pay to win. APB isn't p2w even without the new JT weapons. Most Armas-exclusive weapons are far from viable while pretty much all excellent weapons are standard contact weapons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, thelinux said:

That's not really the definition of pay to win. APB isn't p2w even without the new JT weapons. Most Armas-exclusive weapons are far from viable while pretty much all excellent weapons are standard contact weapons.

But it is still seen as p2w by most reviewers sadly because they have no way of accessing most weapons without paying money.

Adding items to the Joker Store is the right direction imo. I do hope everything will be added to it at some point with an option to select "Buy with JT" or "Buy with G1C".

Edited by Speedz
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tigrix said:

Yesss. They should bump up all the rewards. Maybe balance some but only balance them up, not down. 

Just now, Speedz said:

But it is still seen as p2w by most reviewers sadly because they have no way of accessing most weapons without paying money.

Adding items to the Joker Store is the right direction imo. I do hope everything will be added to it with an option to select "Buy with JT" or "Buy with G1C".

Most reviewers are borderline crayon eaters and just see the existence of a Cash Store = P2W. Although I don't blame new players entering the game and seeing gold/purple guns everywhere and thinking that it is P2W, it takes time and experience to realise all the different avenues for gaining new weapons. And the ultimate god tier skills to realise that the STAR is the best gun you'll ever get anyway.

54 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

it takes time and experience to realise all the different avenues for gaining new weapons

yeah but a lot of people won’t bother to invest either in a game they feel is p2w, mitigating that perception is something that will help apb a lot in the long run imo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedz said:

Adding items to the Joker Store is the right direction imo. I do hope everything will be added to it at some point with an option to select "Buy with JT" or "Buy with G1C".

Absolutely! I merely criticized Tigrix's statement about p2w.

I just won one round got 5 kills.Im lvl 4 and progress seems the same.Like not moved at all..

5 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

I just won one round got 5 kills.Im lvl 4 and progress seems the same.Like not moved at all..

reading is hard

12 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

is rabid a reskin? is it good?

No it's not. I think it's fine, you can even shoot from the passenger seat.

39 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

Rabid is not a reskin, but it's also not very good. It's got this ridiculously high zoom angle when ADS (like sniper rifle high), despite being a medium range weapon. Once slotted with Hunting Sight (which you do by default because it's got no hipfire accuracy and its base accuracy isn't great at range), that zoom gets even more extreme. It competes in a niche shared by actually good weapons like STAR, FAR, and NTEC. Naturally, it loses out to these.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tigrix said:

It never was. Half of legendaries were good options.

But y'know, with newbies it's mostly talking to wall about that.

I hope they introduce a few more ways to earn JT or maybe bump up the JT's earned per daily missions.

I dunno. Somehow we got a lot of players who "don't know what to do with them".

So it is really that bad? If you play daily... no.

Plus you got FC if you really badly want joker tickets (sure FC would use "clean up" (if you get me) but still is the best option for JTs if you don't need to do missions in action).

(EDIT)

Also this update done miracle and FC started to fill up with normal players for once.

(edit)
also a positive side effect of having perma JT weapons that are worth something, is that it makes accounts a little more precious when you sink hours into them.
*cough* in other words, some players will be a little more deterred to break game rules and potentially lose their permanent JT weapons that they spent X amount of hours collecting:)

Actually that is false. We got some people who buy accs from black market and cheat on them so you think that such time investment will stop them?

No, unlikely. Constant harrasment from LO will.

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

pretty clear that riot is getting left by the wayside, i feel like each patch has just a little bit less fixes

Everybody by now know it's failure. Eh. I must complete level 10 now in this weekend I guess. Last weekend I spent one whole day to level up one damn level.

3 hours ago, Glaciers said:

yeah but a lot of people won’t bother to invest either in a game they feel is p2w, mitigating that perception is something that will help apb a lot in the long run imo

Honestly it's just cherry on top of shit cake, if you ask me.

Dethreaters, cheaters there and there (wish population was bigger so they weren't presenting themselves every few matches), performance of game which is breaking apart, overall boredom in comprasion to other modern games etc.

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Counter bar is bugged. My bar at level 6 was whole time somewhere in middle even when I was like 500 standing away from level up.

And also there is still bug with progression if you die before bribing stage from what I'm aware.

4 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

And the ultimate god tier skills to realise that the STAR is the best gun you'll ever get anyway.

No, that would be N-TEC at current.

Gun which 0-slot version you can take from one of tutorials anyway.

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:

Rabid is unique LMG.

Look up stats here: https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_LMG_Fanatic_Slot3_Joker

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Naturally, it loses out to these.

if you can min ttk it’s a rather threatening weapon, but if you can’t the recoil mechanics will likely screw you over 

18 hours ago, Tigrix said:

Adding JT rewards to the end of each Riot match might make people keep playing Riot after getting the skins, getting more people to play Riot. 

@MattScott can you consider doing this?

4 minutes ago, Xnetexe said:

Adding JT rewards to the end of each Riot match might make people keep playing Riot after getting the skins, getting more people to play Riot. 

@MattScott can you consider doing this?

Not a bad idea but there's just no incentive to play RIOT until next "season".  I hope that with what they've been learning about APBs systems they'll actually make some unique RIOT exclusive clothing or kits.

If they can even make RIOT a game mode worth playing for more than a single week.

Should increase the JT earned from dailies, and then give JT on a per-mission basis (something small, like 2-5 on a loss and 5-10 on a win).

14 minutes ago, Xnetexe said:

MattScott can you consider doing this?

I'm not sure you can save a game mode by increasing the incentives to play.

Its either fun and enjoyable or its not.

Bribing players to do something they don't enjoy isn't a good solution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, thelinux said:

They have no idea what they say.

Thats a good move by the company. I will speak for myself.. if there was not a RAF event back then, where I could get a perm weapons, I would never start buying weapons at ARMAS at the first place if I havent owned any. 

So this way the wolf will eat, while the goat stays whole, and happy.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

APB is becoming more pay to progress than pay to win. The more weapons available the better. My only complaint is how difficult it is to gain joker tickets as a low rank. I think the joker store prices need to come down a bit, or there needs to be more ways in mission districts to gain joker tickets. On Innova, you would get 30 or 35 per day just for signing in. I think that system would work well.

8 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

On Innova, you would get 30 or 35 per day just for signing in. I think that system would work well.

No. If they add more methods to obtain JT, it should be by actually earning JT through gameplay. Even if it's as simple as getting a stipend of JT per mission completion.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:57 PM, Glaciers said:

Some good fixes, but couple of terrible changes such as: 

1. Players now appear on the radar of the final zone of RIOT.

2. RIOT - Players now keep their unlocked weapons when they respawn in RIOT.