Sign in to follow this  

ViVox Refuses to Work for me... Anyone know a Work-Around?

Pretty much title, I saw a post saying it was broken and then fixed ( from MattScott ) but I havent been able to get it to work for the past week or so.

I got the same thing going on, says it's running but it's not listed in my volume mixer. Went through and deleted vivox and config files and reinstalled/repaired them, still dead. Cool game

turn it off/delete it or something, gives me terrible input lag.

why bother tbh

is there anything better that we could add to APB instead of this?

we change anti cheater programs when needed so I wonder if there is  or not.

not my expertise so i dont know

• Like 1

Most use discord or other form of voice coms program to speak in. Vivox is very old, works sometimes but other times not. I don't think ingame voice (mic) is reliable, but at the same time prevents music spammers and squeakers from making my ears bleed. APB has alot more bigger issues to attend to, voice coms ain't on their agenda right now. 😛

I have always turned it off in task manager cuz it will make my game lag a lot.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:24 PM, a Pair of Socks said:

Pretty much title, I saw a post saying it was broken and then fixed ( from MattScott ) but I havent been able to get it to work for the past week or so.

I remember my vanilla acc never had voip somehow and when I later on hopped on a smurf it was working... so after searching all these years why it wouldnt work the answer is just that it doesnt work on your account thats it. Gotta make a other one bud... I wish I could had mine ON when beta was around... i only started hearing the rage around 2012 or 2013

... When I say I tried everything to fix it I really tried everything even check ON check OFF... etc all the stupid (fix) for it. All GM can do too is ask you for a dxdiag report which does nothing really lmfao. U just fukt

Removed Insults - Sal

2 minutes ago, moxxichixx said:

i remember my vanilla acc never had voip somehow and when I later on hopped on a smurf it was working... so after searching all these years why it wouldnt work the answer is just that it doesnt work on your account thats it. Gotta make a other one bud... I wish I could had mine ON when beta was around... i only started hearing the rage around 2012 or 2013

... when i say I tried everything to fix it I really tried everything even check ON check OFF... etc all the stupid (fix) for it. All GM can do too is ask you for a dxdiag report which does nothing really lmfao. U just fukt

Well it used to work but I appreciate the info!! Thank you ❤️

Mine's been pretty iffy as of late as well, can't pinpoint when it stopped working though as it's so rare to see someone else use it.

4 hours ago, moxxichixx said:

Wow this is such a bad meme and it is coming from your mouth too? You are a pathetic loser, thanks for making my day worse you unoriginal poser!

That wasn't even a joke. You should be disabling/uninstalling Vivox in every game it comes with, not just APB. Especially with APB since you broadcast proximity chat.

17 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Especially with APB since you broadcast proximity chat.

arresting a crim

hearing a crim talk dirty and wanting it rougher.

me killing the crim to get the heck away

used to happen a lot on Jericho lol

Hope they either fix it or add an alternative to it. is sort of nice not having to inv every person in ur team to a discord. 

Maybe just add a way in the launcher to diabled it, so those who dosen't wanna use it can permanatly toggle it off.

Hi all,

We are looking at this issue. The problem is that we are using an extremely old version of Vivox which is no longer supported and requires custom servers. Once we upgrade the console builds of APB, we can move to their newer solution.

For now the network team is troubleshooting to see what the issue is. I’ll post an update once we know more.

Thanks,

Matt

On 7/17/2019 at 8:13 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Imagine running vivox in 2019.

maybe not in APB. but they service a lot of super famous games. Fortnite, PUBG, Siege...

2 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

Siege

siege vivox is honestly amazing 

Just nice to know someone's looking at it.

Thank ya Sir

21 hours ago, MattScott said:

For now the network team is troubleshooting to see what the issue is. I’ll post an update once we know more.

Glad to hear it, I miss it a lot.

Yeah I know work around. It's called Discord. 😉

Yes yes we all use Discord, but sometimes we dont have a full group and communication with randoms isnt ALWAYS a toxic mess.

Playing mostly Siege these days a majority of the people I meme with on voice chat turn out to be pretty cool people. A new voice chat system would be awesome when the engine upgrade comes out. I wonder if @MattScott would be able to weigh in on something like this. I mean I just tried out Secret Neighbors and even that mess of a Beta has voice chat.

Sign in to follow this