TheMessiah

Threat

Removing Threat?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Removing threat right now?

• Yes
    • No
    • I can not decide

This subject is actual again so decide to make this poll(i think is important,cant remember if is done before)

My pros and cons about it(add yours in the comments)

pros:

new players will be out of the vicious circle with dethreaters ;

new players will have bigger variety for matchmaking (entire pool of players,chance to team up with some of the best players) ;

no more abused players because of threat stereotypes (also verbally) ;

dethreaters will start facing again their worst nightmare - true golds (personal satisfaction)

cons:

new players will have to face the best players in the game in some occasions

This operation can reach from one extreme to the other.Either gonna revive the game/matchmaking and will bring more/old players or gonna decrease population even more.I think 1st will happen(LO can go back and restore threat anytime ofc)After threat is removed - ranks can be visible like blue for enforcers and red for criminals

Edited by TheMessiah

is there even a need for this discussion anymore? orbit has made its plans pretty clear for the future of the threat system

No visible threat segmentation

• Thanks 1

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand pointllllless

See post above for info and recommendations.

Removing threat outright will cause problems. One of the things that contributed to Dirty Bomb dying (no further development will take place) was that the 'casual' matches that most people played made little or no effort to group players by skill and at least half the matches I played were complete kerb-stompings one way or another. I think with a small squad based game like APB, there has to be some effort to match players by skill.

We also had (have? I don't even look anymore) districts where threat wasn't used to matchmake and they never took off. So for all the valid complaints about threat, I don't think it should be binned.

My view for the past few years is that threat should've been hidden, but still used to determine matchmaking. That could cause problems with regard to district selection though, especially with the game's pop being as low as it is currently. Maybe this will be a viable option if cross district matchmaking is ever implemented.

7 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

s there even a need for this discussion anymore? orbit has made its plans pretty clear for the future of the threat system

the never ending future?removing threat right now is my point

The only threat I know off is Hell and Damnation.

Seeing the Messiah making this thread doesn't help..

52 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

is there even a need for this discussion anymore? orbit has made its plans pretty clear for the future of the threat system

Matt didn't say that they remove threat altogether. Hes talking about after implementation of phasing with "no visible threat on districts" but still with players having their threat.

Whoever thinks making a pvp game with no threat/elo is a good idea doesn't understand pvp. 

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

thank you for posting that.

Sign in to follow this