Easiest

hello matchmaking?

http://prntscr.com/oftgu2

lmao? why i can't call backup i am against 2 golds & 1 silver and there is 2 silvers w/ me? even if we won the mission, during the mission it was impossible to call backup so... LO for real you should do something for that cause' atm it's so annoying (already lost lot' of missions cause' the MM was broken).

7 minutes ago, Rosi said:

http://prntscr.com/oftgu2

lmao? why i can't call backup i am against 2 golds & 1 silver and there is 2 silvers w/ me? even if we won the mission, during the mission it was impossible to call backup so... LO for real you should do something for that cause' atm it's so annoying (already lost lot' of missions cause' the MM was broken).

Remember there are 10 levels of the different colors.

Silver 10 isn't very different from Gold 1.

• Thanks 1

I am an excellent silver player.

I would have been a great asset to your team

Actually... getting gold is so easy that im concerned that silvers still existing.  

Problem is not matchmaking, its the lack of players.

That massive merge will create ping issues, load screens all the time and im calling that teh end... unless fc survives, it will be filled and emptied eventually.

Actually... getting gold is so easy that im concerned that silvers still existing.  

That massive merge will create ping issues, load screens all the time and im calling that teh end... unless fc survives, it will be filled and emptied eventually.

Woah what happened here...

Phone is possesed im not editing that.

Edited by BlueB

Oh please.
Also.. you won. Why are you complaining about not being able to call backup in a clearly balanced mission?

739f7137257b939fcff091754d06f170.png

Edited by Kiida
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiida said:

Oh please.
Also.. you won. Why are you complaining about not being able to call backup in a clearly balanced mission?

739f7137257b939fcff091754d06f170.png

just go back to second life youll be fine

27 minutes ago, BlueB said:

I dunno how people can say that considering most players are silver.

It may be easy for you and I, but that's just anecdotal.

5 hours ago, Rosi said:

why i can't call backup i am against 2 golds & 1 silver and there is 2 silvers w/ me?

Because it is 3 vs 3....?

Matchmaker value numbers quite high and player skill quite low.

In my opinion 2 medium threat silvers is "worth" roughly as much as 1 medium threat gold

That for example a match-up with 1 gold and 2 silver vs 2 gold would be a "fair".

Matchmaker disagrees and would give the 2 gold backup (not really needed!)

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Remember there are 10 levels of the different colors.

IIRC there are still 300 unique threat levels (behind the scenes, that matchmaker is utilizing)

6 minutes ago, Bishada8800 said:

IIRC there are still 300 unique threat levels

lol... you may have added an extra zero there m8

54 minutes ago, BlueB said:

That massive merge will create ping issues, load screens all the time

where are you getting this info from?

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I dunno how people can say that considering most players are silver.

It may be easy for you and I, but that's just anecdotal.

considering it’s possible to get gold without ever firing a weapon and at one point a player with no hands was consistently gold, i think it’s safe to say the threshold is relatively low

Just now, Glaciers said:

considering it’s possible to get gold without ever firing a weapon and at one point a player with no hands was consistently gold, i think it’s safe to say the threshold is relatively low

what I wouldnt give to find clips of the no hands guy playing

if anyone has any please DM me

34 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

what I wouldnt give to find clips of the no hands guy playing

if anyone has any please DM me

This is about the only clip left where you can somewhat see how he plays, he quit APB about 4 years ago. But he was consistently gold, yes.

Edited by Kiida

Just now, Kiida said:

He stopped playing a few years ago now, no idea if any clips of him playing still exist. But he was consistently gold, yes.

Bless your furry heart Kiida.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

lol... you may have added an extra zero there m8

You are maybe thinking about the 30 visible threat levels we had back during RTW times...?

But no, behind  the scenes (in the code) it used to be 300 threat levels. This was then split into 30 "visible" levels client side (bronze 1-10, silver 1-10 and gold 1-10) which was then, later, changed into just 4 visible levels (green, bronze, silver and gold) but behind the scenes, in the code, it have always been 300 unique internal threat levels that matchmaker used to gauge individual skill level (unless I remember incorrectly and unless it changed recent years).

1 hour ago, Bishada8800 said:

You are maybe thinking about the 30 visible threat levels we had back during RTW times...?

But no, behind  the scenes (in the code) it used to be 300 threat levels. This was then split into 30 "visible" levels client side (bronze 1-10, silver 1-10 and gold 1-10) which was then, later, changed into just 4 visible levels (green, bronze, silver and gold) but behind the scenes, in the code, it have always been 300 unique internal threat levels that matchmaker used to gauge individual skill level (unless I remember incorrectly and unless it changed recent years).

Source? 

today i was playing with a gold against 2 golds and i was able to call backup.

next mission i was with a SILVER against 2 golds and i wasn't able to call backup.

16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Source? 

That would be a technical matchmaking discussion on the original RTW forums back in 2010 or so..... 😕

8 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

today i was playing with a gold against 2 golds and i was able to call backup.

next mission i was with a SILVER against 2 golds and i wasn't able to call backup.

There is a much bigger difference between high gold and low gold than a low gold and a high silver.

The first two gold you were matched against were probably very very skilled (and either you or your partner or both of you are close to silver).

In the second match-up you probably got a silver player that is about to become gold and the two you faced where probably close to silver.

Edited by Bishada8800

That would be a technical matchmaking discussion on the original RTW forums back in 2010 or so..... 😕

There is a much bigger difference between high gold and low gold than a low gold and a high silver.

The first two gold you were matched against were probably very very skilled (and either you or your partner or both of you are close to silver).

In the second match-up you probably got a silver player that is about to become gold and the two you faced where probably close to silver.

actually the silver was really bad, and the gold was like r200 and he play all days.

Ahh... Nevermind then. 

6 hours ago, BlueB said:

Welp, i guess silver is only for dethreat. 🙃

and for OP you win, most of the time backup a clear win will become a loss.. or it only to me 😦

edit: but those 8vs8 mission are fun asf!

Edited by EnriquexD