Weapon Modifications Opinion  

63 members have voted

1. 1. If you could change one weapon modification, which one would it be?

• Hunting Sight
    • Reflex Sight
    • High Magnification Scope
    • Improved Rifling
    • Cooling Jacket
    • Heavy Barrel
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Magazine Pull
    • Extended Magazine
    • Bandolier
    • Mobility Sling
    • 3-Point Sling
    • Tagger (Legendary and Valentine's variants included)
    • Flare/Firework Ammo
    • Any Legendary Modification
    • Any Norseman Modification
    • Agrotech Aces Smg/Rifle Barrel Modification
    • Any Suppressor
  2. 2. What should I do a poll on next?

• Character modifications
    • Car modifications

On 7/16/2019 at 12:17 AM, CookiePuss said:

High Mag Scope just because it's basically useless now. 

Not on a DMR. dont use it thats how I stomp HVR plebs.

well if i could... i would change the advantages and the disadvantages weapon mods have on different types of weapons. a total overhaul. mod descriptions would be hella long then but it'd help balance gun play and make more options available to keep it fresh. i would also test out a mod synergy system where weapon mods would have different extra advantages -and extra disadvantages- when combined together with other mods to spice up variety, also having different types of those extra advantages and disadvantages depending on the type of the weapon on which the double and triple mod combinations are applied.

just a small example:

RS3 on OCA-EW 626 -> regular run and gun accuracy improvement and ads mess up

RS3 + CJ3 on OCA-EW 626 -> on initial fire, even more bloom -wider crosshair- than just RS3 but rof has a ramp up mechanic and as the rof ramps up, the crosshair also gets tighter up to a cap. more spread and muzzle climb to compensate.

RS3 + CJ3 + EM3  on OCA-EW 626-> more rounds in the clip, same ramp up mechanic but reaches a higher cap with more bullet count in the clip. however, as you reach the lower half of the clip, the weapon heats up and has a fixed ratio(no luck element) to cause a tiny kick to either side for every 5th(or 6th) bullet shot; requiring even more precision to get that tiny crosshair on the target. but has no reload speed penalty like the current EM3 has on weapons. that kick to side mechanic would be similar to the kicks the shaw has. (yes the one that someone once said was predictable and controllable, but i digress)

players could decide how tiny they want their crosshairs to get, how fast the rof gets and how soon the weapon starts kicking by putting lower or higher levels of the mods mentioned above. and the synergies would have different effects on different types of weapons.

just an idea that i suddenly had after thinking about how dull and uninspired the current mods have been for a game that is competing with other evolving and changing titles. the synergies i mentioned are just examples i wanted to give without much thought put into them. we have some smart people in our community, they can think of reasonable synergies. not saying the synergy idea was smart to begin with but customization is the strongest suit of this game. why not evolve? 

Edited by PoshDoll

IK I'm late to this, but IR is a mod that needs immediate change since it almost literally has no downside, and is powerful considering the meta rn in mission districts is to sit far away with snipers/rifles/ntecs from the objective; and since shotguns benefit off of it disgustingly well.

But if we were to remove IR from this list, they definitely need to update Supressors. They are basically useless and keep you from using god-tier mods such as CJ and IR. Not only that but they decrease your hard damage, and in some cases even mag size. Overall, a trash mod, but I love the look of supressors so I use it anyways. I feel like the first thing they should do to it is remove any negatives to suppressors and add back tracers with the engine upgrade.

15 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

they definitely need to update Supressors. They are basically useless

Silencers also reduce recoil on pistols, SMGs, and snipers.

On 7/17/2019 at 11:39 PM, CookiePuss said:

Silencers also reduce recoil on pistols, SMGs, and snipers.

and actually dont show you on the minimap like they used to

3 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

and actually dont show you on the minimap like they used to

That was a bug, not intended behavior.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:03 AM, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Today's biweekly poll will be on weapon modifications. If you could change one weapon mod (it doesn't matter if you nerf, buff or completely change it), which mod would it be?

No remote detonator on the list, so I suppose Heavy Barrel.

They need to look into weapon balance as well not just the mods... in the current state of the game there are just a couple of weapons that everyone play because the rest are just useless if you compare them.

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I heard it was a bug and I have heard G1 just wanted it removed so I am not sure which it truly is.

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

I heard it was a bug and I have heard G1 just wanted it removed so I am not sure which it truly is.

It was the code involved with the Condor's mod going haywire.

Just now, Hexerin said:

It was the code involved with the Condor's mod going haywire.

good to know

thank you

Why no Car mods? I would change car ammo supply so it can resupply enemies aswell (kind of like the yellow ammo boxes) instead of less cargo space

On 7/22/2019 at 1:52 PM, Hexerin said:

a cool bug that actually made sense

3 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

a cool bug that actually made sense

Won't argue with you there. That being said, I feel like silencers across the board need to be normalized in functionality and design. For one thing, they should always take the barrel mod slot (red) instead of being a mix of barrel (red) and utility (purple) as they are currently. Also feel like they should have a set list of effects that is universal across the board:

• Remove tracers
  • Prevent location appearing on radar
  • Lower weapon report (fire sound) volume
  • Reduce effective range by 10%

This would fix some of the broken/bad sounds that a lot of the silenced weapons have. It would also remove that strange reduction to hard damage silencers currently have (that does nothing for most of the weapons involved since you aren't shooting cars with them anyways).  It also removes the ammo reduction effect from the pistol silencer, which simply makes no logical sense.

The biggest thing is the effective range effect. Instead of an outright damage reduction like the silencers currently have, they'll instead have reduced range (subsonic shots lose effectiveness faster, etc). However, this doesn't change the minimum damage range, which means that the weapon's total range is maintained. The falloff curve is simply extended, and made more gradual over that range.

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Won't argue with you there. That being said, I feel like silencers across the board need to be normalized in functionality and design. For one thing, they should always take the barrel mod slot (red) instead of being a mix of barrel (red) and utility (purple) as they are currently. Also feel like they should have a set list of effects that is universal across the board:

• Remove tracers

This would fix some of the broken/bad sounds that a lot of the silenced weapons have. It would also remove that strange reduction to hard damage silencers currently have (that does nothing for most of the weapons involved since you aren't shooting cars with them anyways).  It also removes the ammo reduction effect from the pistol silencer, which simply makes no logical sense.

The biggest thing is the effective range effect. Instead of an outright damage reduction like the silencers currently have, they'll instead have reduced range (subsonic shots lose effectiveness faster, etc). However, this doesn't change the minimum damage range, which means that the weapon's total range is maintained. The falloff curve is simply extended, and made more gradual over that range.

I'd rather not have the balancing features of silencers removed. 

HMS - Increase it's accuracy buff to essentially Hunting sight 4, the rest of the mods well I'd rather the one I use the most gets buffed then they get worse.

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I'd rather not have the balancing features of silencers removed. 

The hard damage reduction is basically irrelevant as I pointed out. Pistol silencer has one less shot in the magazine, but that doesn't really impact any of the secondaries that have the mod. My proposed silencer rework maintains the reduced range of the sniper silencer, so that's irrelevant.

If anything, I'm giving the silencer mod line a negative where it didn't have one before.

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:

• Remove tracers

-10% effective range will barely do anything to smgs or pistols but no radar pings is a huge cqc buff, not sure this is an equal tradeoff even if you also cant use cj3

snipers will lose an additional 2m of range and get +50% recoil (realistically only a negative for issrb), further relegating silenced snipers into the garbage can

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The hard damage reduction is basically irrelevant as I pointed out. Pistol silencer has one less shot in the magazine, but that doesn't really impact any of the secondaries that have the mod. My proposed silencer rework maintains the reduced range of the sniper silencer, so that's irrelevant.

If anything, I'm giving the silencer mod line a negative where it didn't have one before.

What about reduced recoil, and when 3.5 hits removal of tracers?

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

arent tracers back on 3.5?

edit: nvm i get it, fuck this thread just makes me lose all brain power

Edited by Glaciers
edit

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You'll notice the distinct lack of reduced recoil in my proposed list. This is intentional, as I still don't feel like the reduced recoil of silencers makes sense (not to mention how completely unbalanced it is with the current lack of any real downside). The removal of tracers and preventing radar pings is the entire baseline point of the silencer and its use case, in my opinion. These things should be baseline on all silencers.