Weapon Modifications Opinion  

63 members have voted

1. 1. If you could change one weapon modification, which one would it be?

• Hunting Sight
    • Reflex Sight
    • High Magnification Scope
    • Improved Rifling
    • Cooling Jacket
    • Heavy Barrel
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Magazine Pull
    • Extended Magazine
    • Bandolier
    • Mobility Sling
    • 3-Point Sling
    • Tagger (Legendary and Valentine's variants included)
    • Flare/Firework Ammo
    • Any Legendary Modification
    • Any Norseman Modification
    • Agrotech Aces Smg/Rifle Barrel Modification
    • Any Suppressor
  2. 2. What should I do a poll on next?

• Character modifications
    • Car modifications

Today's biweekly poll will be on weapon modifications. If you could change one weapon mod (it doesn't matter if you nerf, buff or completely change it), which mod would it be?

The best way for LO to make changes that will be accepted is to voice our opinions in an easy analysable manner, so let's put our initial opinions out in the open for them

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

you're missing like 6 mods bro

3 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

I'm only human qq

Which ones?

car mods

consumables

character mods

oh its just weapons please euthanize me im smart

Edited by Glaciers
edit

I have a bit of a disdain for IR3 because of old G1 putting it on Armas guns that they shouldn't (Fang and CSG) and fricking up the gun balance

Definitely Improved Rifling.

Slower accuracy recovery or something. Give it a downside, anything. It currently has none.

• Like 2

Nice more useless spam.

We would need a played desire list of mods within wanted updates and see how many of them coincide... but here on forums dont have them all, so only a few get involved.

Thats why ur poll (i would say all of them to be honest) is useless.

Merged.

------- 

If i would change mods i would remove the yellow ones and remove negative effects and balance them. 

Or instead make a new wave of mods based on the ones we already have called advanced with the previous mentioned benefits.

Ive also readed some interesting mods in other thread like the stacking one: you can use same colour mods, or you can use same mods (for weapons).

There are so many interesting things to do... get to play games if you are going to lead them.

17 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

High Mag Scope just because it's basically useless now. 

Out of interest, what would you change on it?

It's just HS3, but with a scope reticle, a range finder and more zoom.

Are non-bi people allowed to vote, too?

51 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Out of interest, what would you change on it?

It's just HS3, but with a scope reticle, a range finder and more zoom.

Good point. 

Does deleting count as change?

The best HMS change I could think of would be pinning it to the heavy sniper weapons, but that's not really a HMS issue.

Wasn't there a suggestion about ways to make heavy barrel viable on shotguns some time ago? We could try that....

I selected Improved Rifling, but I don't necessarily want to see the existing mod changed since it already caused an uproar the first time around (people afraid of change, rip). I just wish that Little Orbit's variant of the mod they pushed as a rebalance were returned. The percentage range increase (with flat applied after to make the mod not completely useless on shotguns) at the cost of reduced fire rate was absolutely god tier for a few weapons, and made numerous others feel amazing.

I miss it, so much...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nite said:

Wasn't there a suggestion about ways to make heavy barrel viable on shotguns some time ago? We could try that....

I believe @Nitronik has a very good idea for that.

43 minutes ago, Nite said:

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I believe @Nitronik has a very good idea for that.

Color me curious. Heavy Barrel is very useful in a certain niche, but it'd be nice to see it reworked to something useable across the board.

9 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Color me curious. Heavy Barrel is very useful in a certain niche, but it'd be nice to see it reworked to something useable across the board.

Found it, it was this suggestion:

11 minutes ago, Nite said:

Found it, it was this suggestion:

Thanks for the link. Would need to also find a different downside (the damage reduction kills the mod outside the one niche it's already used in), and the spread reduction percentage would need to be at least 25% to have any noticeable impact (the 35% DOW has barely changes it).

I'd say bring the spread reduction at least to 20%/35%/50% (buffing DOW to 50% as well). If it turns out that shotguns are killing too far away, just lower their effective range and/or sharpen the falloff scale and/or reduce minimum damage percentage.

For the downside, I'd say increasing recoil would be an effective substitute to the current damage reduction. A missed shot still reduces damage output, but recoil is something that skill can mitigate.

I'd love to see it tested on OTW at some point - pipe dream however!

Been a bit since I did the math but the damage reduction would (barely) even out, allowing you to hit further out and even improve 2shot distance

On-Topic : I voted Heavy Barrel.

TTK and Accuracy go hand in hand - bad accuracy will worsen your TTK. So if you give means to improve overall accuracy, you decrease damage to compensate.

Works out on paper but in practice the mod is awful, increases STK on almost all guns, and still loses out to IR and CJ 😞

• Thanks 1

CJ3: worsened bloom per shot (and maybe max bloom too) instead of minimum accuracy/spread.

All silencers: They really dont need the hard-damage reduction.

Also change "Silencer" to "Suppressor" god damnit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Helix Reloaded said:

and maybe max bloom too

Despite what the in-game description says, CJ actually affects shot modifier cap (or max bloom). It does not affect bloom per shot at all (it may seem like it but that's because of the increased firerate)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Despite what the in-game description says, CJ actually affects shot modifier cap (or max bloom). It does not affect bloom per shot at all (it may seem like it but that's because of the increased firerate)

Yup. Both Cooling Jacket and Improved Rifling increase max bloom. Surprisingly however, Improved Rifling has significantly less of an effect despite it being the one that is supposed to have it as a downside. Never understood why people always claim otherwise, considering how incredibly easy it is to test.

2 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

I was suggesting that it should increase the bloom per shot, instead of minimum bloom.

the question is posed incorrectly . it has different themes .

1 hour ago, olo said:

the question is posed incorrectly . it has different themes .

thats ok you are a theme