Sign in to follow this  
CaptainTeamkill

unofficial patch 1.3

disclaimer: this is not a official little orbit post, all the changes are invented by me.

Ladies and gentleman,

to make the waiting time for the engine upgrade a little bit more enjoyable, we have decided to fix some gameplay issues.

We finally realized that the community of apb dont want a new mod for now and rather like to have some changes to the gameplay.

We obviously cant fix the whole game and things like threat and matchmaking have to wait after the engine upgrade,

but there are some things which have been on the line for way too long.

You guys have suffered long enough from undeserved deaths and silly game mechanics.

Weapons: 

Primary

NFAS: We are going to remove this weapon and bring it back in a new rebalanced design.

N-tec 5: reducing the magazine capacity from 32 to 25 ( jesus christ why does this laser weapon have so much ammo).

JG : We are going to remove this weapon and bring it back in a new rebalanced design.

OCA:  reducing the fire rate to what it used to be before it got buffed for no reason a long time ago.

Explosive weapons:

We will remove all of them and bring them back in a less annoying and more fun and skilled way.

Secondary

FBW: reducing the magazine capacity from 15 to 13 ( just a small change to make it less spammable)

showstopper 'thunder': dropoff range from 10m to 7m ( this weapon is super broken in the rights hands, its basically a better secondary csg)

Grenades

People have to do a IQ test now before they get their hands on grenades.

Low-Yield Fragmentation Grenades: We are going to remove these grenades and never bringing them back.

Percussion Grenade: We are going to remove these grenades and probably not bringing them back, fuck that shit.

Missions: 

antisocial networking

Stage 1: time from 300 seconds to 800 seconds

creme de la crime

removing and bringing back reworked

basically removing all missions with car delivery, maybe bringing them back with a better design.

2vs2 VIP missions are not possible anymore

Bounty system: 

Removed. 

Ammo:

you dont need to buy ammo anymore

Fight club: 

maximum player amount in both abington and baylan from 40 to 30

car spawner removed

grenades reduced to 1 per player

item in abington is stuck in 1 place now and cant be moved

vip mission in abington removed

hvr dissabled in baylan ( that might piss off some silvers)

inventing a kick system where people can be voted to get kicked ( the majority of the district has to accept)

Chat: 

you need to earn your chat rights now:

1. you have to do a IQ test

2. you have karma points now, by logging in for the first time, you are allowed to chat.

people can now honor you after every missions, if you are never honnored your karma points sink and you lose your ability to chat.

RIOT:

removed and reworked after engine upgrade

this has no priority for us anymore 

its dead anyways

bug fixes:

fixxed the bug where you cant see points anymore after swapping districts.

fixxed the car spawner bug where a big car is blocking the whole spawner

vandalize missions are not abusable anymore

I know there are more things which we need to work on fast but I hope these tweaks make waiting more enjoyable

kind regards 

Hello

I have moved this topic to the Game Suggestions section.

- Mina_

You know, some of the things you try to attribute to your imaginary version of Little Orbit in this post sound really unprofessional (and a bit concerning in general) - but whatever; this thread is basically a glorified fanfic.

12 hours ago, CaptainTeamkill said:

NFAS: We are going to remove this weapon and bring it back in a new rebalanced design. [...] JG : We are going to remove this weapon and bring it back in a new rebalanced design. [...] Explosive weapons: We will remove all of them and bring them back in a less annoying and more fun and skilled way.

Okay... rebalance them how?

If you're proposing a rebalance of the weapons, you should have some kind of an idea as to what should be done about it. Saying that "it needs a rebalance" and not pointing to anything in particular is akin to saying "I don't like it, change it to something" and never specifying what needs a change in the first place.

People have to do a IQ test now before they get their hands on grenades. [...] you need to earn your chat rights now: 1. you have to do a IQ test

You seem really hellbent on insisting that some specific types of people are idiots. You also seem really confident that you would pass the same tests you want to impose on other people.

(There's also the issue that IQ tests don't accurately measure for all types of intelligence and have been said to be fundamentally flawed since you cannot accurately boil down someone's intelligence to a number on a scale - but that's a separate topic that I don't want to get into here.)

Percussion Grenade: We are going to remove these grenades and probably not bringing them back, fuck that shit.

Devil's advocate here - percussion grenades are fine as they are due to their very limited versatility. They aren't practical when it comes to dispatching vehicles or getting rid of targets hiding behind walls - other grenades do that way better. Percs are basically only good when you're already in close range and are very desperate for that finishing blow.

creme de la crime

removing and bringing back reworked

basically removing all missions with car delivery, maybe bringing them back with a better design.

Same thing as with "rebalancing weapons". You're saying that these missions are flawed, but you're not really pointing to any flaws. You want to assure us that they are there, but you're not bringing up any of them, nor any ideas how to fix them, for that matter.

item in abington is stuck in 1 place now and cant be moved

In that case, why even have the mission be focused on an item in the first place? You might as well replace the item with an area to hold - in both scenarios, the target is immobile.

antisocial networking

Stage 1: time from 300 seconds to 800 seconds

That's 13 minutes and 20 seconds.

For comparison, Explosive Material has its first stage last 8 minutes - or 480 seconds - and asks the Enforcers to raid three targets and deliver the items to the drop off.

You don't need me to tell you why your suggestion is silly.

All that being said, this thread isn't entirely filled with bad ideas. I, for one, support the removal or reworking of the Bounty system so that it can no longer interfere with mission flow. (I've already posted about it on the forums before.) Fixing car spawning spots so that single cars can't block the entire spawning area is a change that's honestly long overdue. Perhaps we (as a community) could assemble a list of places affected by this issue.

3 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

replies

Why did you actually bother replying to all those non constructive ideas.

Im sorry but op is literally saying "fuck this, this is bad" without any proper argument.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

You seem really hellbent on insisting that some specific types of people are idiots. You also seem really confident that you would pass the same tests you want to impose on other people.

(There's also the issue that IQ tests don't accurately measure for all types of intelligence and have been said to be fundamentally flawed since you cannot accurately boil down someone's intelligence to a number on a scale - but that's a separate topic that I don't want to get into here.)

He only said people have to do an IQ test.... nothing about having to pass the test.

VXZa.gif

Few good ideas, but a ton of bad ones. you're trying to limit the game to much.

Vote to kick would be a disaster xD
Gonna agree with Ketog.

You need to point out what u would change. Instead of just saying that is sh*t

Besides this is ur opinion (which i can respect) tho that dosen't mean everyone else share that vision

42 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Why did you actually bother replying to all those non constructive ideas.

Im sorry but op is literally saying "fuck this, this is bad" without any proper argument.

Because if I just left my reply at the "everything you're saying is terrible" stage, it wouldn't be any better than saying "fuck this, this is bad" about parts of the game. I'd rather spend some time on constructive feedback than try to squeeze in a witty one-liner.

patch notes
1. introducing joker box 23
2. introducing joker box 24
3. introducing joker box 25
4. introducing joker box 26
5. introducing joker box 27
6. servers fixed soon tm

7. engine upgrade soon tm

8. cheaters banned soon tm

9. game balance soon tm

10. new content soon tm

11. riot mode with >0 pop soon tm

52 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

You know, some of the things you try to attribute to your imaginary version of Little Orbit in this post sound really unprofessional (and a bit concerning in general) - but whatever; this thread is basically a glorified fanfic.

Okay... rebalance them how?

If you're proposing a rebalance of the weapons, you should have some kind of an idea as to what should be done about it. Saying that "it needs a rebalance" and not pointing to anything in particular is akin to saying "I don't like it, change it to something" and never specifying what needs a change in the first place.

Devil's advocate here - percussion grenades are fine as they are due to their very limited versatility. They aren't practical when it comes to dispatching vehicles or getting rid of targets hiding behind walls - other grenades do that way better. Percs are basically only good when you're already in close range and are very desperate for that finishing blow.

Same thing as with "rebalancing weapons". You're saying that these missions are flawed, but you're not really pointing to any flaws. You want to assure us that they are there, but you're not bringing up any of them, nor any ideas how to fix them, for that matter.

In that case, why even have the mission be focused on an item in the first place? You might as well replace the item with an area to hold - in both scenarios, the target is immobile.

That's 13 minutes and 20 seconds.

For comparison, Explosive Material has its first stage last 8 minutes - or 480 seconds - and asks the Enforcers to raid three targets and deliver the items to the drop off.

You don't need me to tell you why your suggestion is silly.

All that being said, this thread isn't entirely filled with bad ideas. I, for one, support the removal or reworking of the Bounty system so that it can no longer interfere with mission flow. (I've already posted about it on the forums before.) Fixing car spawning spots so that single cars can't block the entire spawning area is a change that's honestly long overdue. Perhaps we (as a community) could assemble a list of places affected by this issue.

"Okay... rebalance them how?

If you're proposing a rebalance of the weapons, you should have some kind of an idea as to what should be done about it. Saying that "it needs a rebalance" and not pointing to anything in particular is akin to saying "I don't like it, change it to something" and never specifying what needs a change in the first place."

NFAS needs a whole rework, its either overpowered or underpowered due to its easy gameplay mechanic ( no recoil, lmb holding, big spread) you cant balance it by only changing a few stats.

"You seem really hellbent on insisting that some specific types of people are idiots. You also seem really confident that you would pass the same tests you want to impose on other people.

(There's also the issue that IQ tests don't accurately measure for all types of intelligence and have been said to be fundamentally flawed since you cannot accurately boil down someone's intelligence to a number on a scale - but that's a separate topic that I don't want to get into here.)"

The part with the IQ test was obviously a joke, how would you even implement that.

"Devil's advocate here - percussion grenades are fine as they are due to their very limited versatility. They aren't practical when it comes to dispatching vehicles or getting rid of targets hiding behind walls - other grenades do that way better. Percs are basically only good when you're already in close range and are very desperate for that finishing blow."

percussion grenades are free damage and can be used as a panick button. OMG I cant aim lets throw a perc to kill/hurt him more than I would with a gun. There is 

nothing fun about getting hit by a perc you couldnt avoid.

Not to mention the PIG/perc "strat".

"Same thing as with "rebalancing weapons". You're saying that these missions are flawed, but you're not really pointing to any flaws. You want to assure us that they are there, but you're not bringing up any of them, nor any ideas how to fix them, for that matter."

"That's 13 minutes and 20 seconds.

You don't need me to tell you why your suggestion is silly."

there are missions in the game like antisocial networking which are a free lose for the attacking team. having to attack 3 points and deliver the heavy items in 300 seconds is a joke,

The only thing the deffenders have to do is making sure that they dont get their items in cars and nadespamming them to death. 

And the 800 seconds was a exaggeration on my part.

"In that case, why even have the mission be focused on an item in the first place? You might as well replace the item with an area to hold - in both scenarios, the target is immobile."

That would work too. But I thougt just making the item stuck is a easier way for a quick fix.

It seems like the message of my post is not clear:

Im not here to show how to fix the whole game or try to explain why things are unbalanced. 

My point is that removing some things would make the game better for now and bring them back in a new and better thoughtful way.

But how to rebalance it is a question for later. 

I dont want to limit the game either but I dont share the idea of "We dont know how to fix it so we keep it in the game".

15 hours ago, CaptainTeamkill said:

Grenades

Low-Yield Fragmentation Grenades: We are going to remove these grenades and never bringing them back.

I would support that idea!

2 hours ago, CaptainTeamkill said:

NFAS needs a whole rework, its either overpowered or underpowered due to its easy gameplay mechanic ( no recoil, lmb holding, big spread) you cant balance it by only changing a few stats.

So how would you rework it, then? You still haven't given us any ideas, y'know.

The part with the IQ test was obviously a joke, how would you even implement that. 

What's the point of this thread then: genuine voicing of opinion or a half-hearted attempt at satire?

percussion grenades are free damage and can be used as a panick button. OMG I cant aim lets throw a perc to kill/hurt him more than I would with a gun. There is 

nothing fun about getting hit by a perc you couldnt avoid.

Not to mention the PIG/perc "strat".

1) This is literally only a thing if you allow the other player to close the distance/get close enough.

2) So basically that (i.e. dealing finishing blows) is the only thing they're good for, whereas regular fragmentation grenades can be used in many more situations. I thought I had already said it, but hey, kudos for confirming that we're on the same page here :V

there are missions in the game like antisocial networking which are a free lose for the attacking team. having to attack 3 points and deliver the heavy items in 300 seconds is a joke,

The only thing the deffenders have to do is making sure that they dont get their items in cars and nadespamming them to death. 

And the 800 seconds was a exaggeration on my part.

There are several missions in the game which require a bit of looking into; Antisocial Networking is just one of them.

I would worry more about things like The Hidden Menace, which to this day has a broken final stage where the winner is decided by who holds the point in the last second, not who controls the objective for the most time.

Or... what about Bad Investment, where two consecutive stages happen in the exact same area, which takes about ten consecutive seconds for the Enforcers to stand in, but about three seconds for the Criminals right afterwards (and both teams have to keep the area clear for 5 minutes)?

Not to mention the famous mess of a mission, The Fast and The Incarcerated, where the winner is whoever jumps into the truck along with a teammate with a Blowtorch. Get a second Blowtorch with Car Surfer on top and you're practically unkillable.

What I'm trying to say is that this one specific mission is part of a bigger concern that you're barely scratching the surface of.

Im not here to show how to fix the whole game or try to explain why things are unbalanced. 

Which you should if you want people to see your point. Without explaining why things are not balanced, you will not convince anyone that wasn't already sympathetic to your ideas.

My point is that removing some things would make the game better for now and bring them back in a new and better thoughtful way.

But how to rebalance it is a question for later.  

Your approach to the problem of a lack of balance is to just remove the outliers and "think of how to fix it some other time" without any concise idea of how to tackle the problem - or how to fill the void that would be created in the metagame upon removing one of its parts.

19 hours ago, CaptainTeamkill said:

[snip]

[snip]

1. you have to do a IQ test 

[snip]

1. an IQ test
  2. you can use numbered list, they are at your disposal with just one single click
  3. 🙂
Edited by neophobia