Parthian

Are you planning on fixing the FPS issue soon?

sucks having my premium running without being able to play the game

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Parthian said:

sucks having my premium running without being able to play the game

What happened to your fps?

1 minute ago, Parthian said:

Link to a thread with a link to a thread...threadception. 

Jokes aside, for whatever reason LO hasn't commented on this. Seems odd tbh. 

i predict there’s actually several different causes, orbit will fix half of them, claim they’re all fixed, and then promptly move on to something else

This game always stutters for me during up close firefights which is the worst time for a game to stutter and lag. Ironically, this only became a consistent problem after upgrading my core 2 duo. Have had many upgrades since then... running a 6 core cpu and it plays like garbage. Hence my use of an opgl. This is the only game that bottlenecks my cpu.

1 hour ago, Kylegrey2 said:

This game always stutters for me during up close firefights which is the worst time for a game to stutter and lag. Ironically, this only became a consistent problem after upgrading my core 2 duo. Have had many upgrades since then... running a 6 core cpu and it plays like garbage. Hence my use of an opgl. This is the only game that bottlenecks my cpu.

Cores are irrelevant in APB, you can throw 32 cores at it and get the same FPS as you would with 2 or 4 cores of similar performance, because it only utilizes one core.

5 minutes ago, Similarities said:

Cores are irrelevant in APB, you can throw 32 cores at it and get the same FPS as you would with 2 or 4 cores of similar performance, because it only utilizes one core.

So ive been told... seems like a pretty big flaw considering where cpu technology is headed. They might want to do something about that. Shouldnt have to downgrade to a single core just to play an ancient game. I wonder if the engine upgrade will have any beneficial effect in that regard.

1 minute ago, Kylegrey2 said:

So ive been told... seems like a pretty big flaw considering where cpu technology is headed. They might want to do something about that. Shouldnt have to downgrade to a single core just to play an ancient game. I wonder if the engine upgrade will have any beneficial effect in that regard.

don't quote me on this but i believe so, hopefully performance optimization moves apb away from being so dependent on single core clock speed

my fps is fine

its healthy i can even boost it to 143 if i overclock my monitor to 166 xd

44 minutes ago, Kylegrey2 said:

They might want to do something about that..

Yeah... like 64 bit programming and multi-threaded rendering, like what's coming in UE 3.5? :^)

Edited by Acornie

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

i predict there’s actually several different causes, orbit will fix half of them, claim they’re all fixed, and then promptly move on to something else

This tbh ^

Thank you LO very cool.

Same, big fps drops from the big riot patch, and even worse since very last patch, it's getting pathetic at this point

I'm still above 120fps average. I get drops into the 80s when there's 10+ players shooting at the same time, but it's always been like that. I would say there hasn't been much in terms of performance different in at least 5 years.

10 hours ago, Acornie said:

Yeah... like 64 bit programming and multi-threaded rendering, like what's coming in UE 3.5? :^)

Sounds good but theory and practice are 2 different things. After years of gittery gun fights, im not entirely convinced... we will see.

12 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

nothing is getting properly fixed without optimization and that will take a engine upgrade

It can be fixed because this issue was not present beforehand for me.

6 hours ago, cheater said:

It can be fixed because this issue was not present beforehand for me.

you didn't even pay attention to what i was talking about

it has always existed and is well documented on it

taking my posts out of context now too?

Have you tried lowering the resolution or graphical fidelity yet?

1 hour ago, Eisena said:

Have you tried lowering the resolution or graphical fidelity yet?

Theres no amount of tweaking that will completely fix the performance issues... ive tried them all. As stated above, the issue is that this game performs poorly on multicore cpu's. I have an above average gaming rig and can hadle every game i throw at it, including a huge library of oculus titles. They need to optimize the game for modern hardware.

For anyone viewing this thread, the patch in question caused a detriment in performance (severe in some cases) without the players themselves changing anything. 

This isn't a thread about the typical and long known performance issues APB has. 

after all these patches my game runs from 115-135 fps now between 100-120 fps nice shit bois keep molesting the molested live engine.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

you didn't even pay attention to what i was talking about

it has always existed and is well documented on it

taking my posts out of context now too?

you posted in a thread about a specific and recent issue, what’s out of context?

• Like 1