CookiePuss

Bronze district should be ashamed of itself, and why in god's name is LO doing nothing about it?

1 hour ago, iRawwwN said:

If you want people to STRIVE for something you need to make Gold something you want to play in

r255 npc only in gold with difficult but good rewarding dailys only there perhaps?

12 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Same, when last time did you have fun against bots in cs? Personally then I was 12

i remember practicing against highest difficulty bots with the deagle to get better at flicking a long time ago, but at some point i just realized that it's way better practice to just play against real people.

i don't think i ever really found it fun to play a multiplayer game against bots, it always felt lonely to me.

Edited by Uru!

19 minutes ago, Uru! said:

i remember practicing against highest difficulty bots with the deagle to get better at flicking a long time ago, but at some point i just realized that it's way better practice to just play against real people.

i don't think i ever really found it fun to play a multiplayer game against bots, it always felt lonely to me.

Yeach same

20 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

r255 npc only in gold with difficult but good rewarding dailys only there perhaps?

Yeah, but it won't mean much when there will be like 20 people in Gold haha. If we had our old 2013-ish Pop and if old G1 had actually done the threat-segregation properly we could have Gold only districts. They didn't do it correctly though, hence the Gold Rush event, hence the low population. :^(

I could add a lot to this subject, but on this forum it would be rather pointless, I'll just say reading OP made me to feel contented to some extent, knowing a few of very competent gamers, and all very experienced with shooters, gave up on the point where I haven't, despite of being completely inexperienced with shooters before APB, as it is my first and the last game of this type.

Edited by Bambola

39 minutes ago, Glubbable said:

Or they are forced to quit. Thank you for misquoting me.

No one is forced to do anything, some choose to quit over facing a challenge. 

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

No one plays in ...

Currently it look like this:

* Current Green District = Empty (because unlike gold players, beginners don't know how to manually select it)

* Current Bronze District = "Low Threat District" (default for green and bronze players, but silver and gold dethraters may manually select it)

* Current Silver District = "High Threat District" (default for silver, but gold may manually select it)

* Current Gold District = Empty

Fix:

* Current Green District = Rename to "Low Threat" (make it default for current bronze players)

* Current Bronze District = Rename to "Medium Threat" (make it default for current silver players)

* Current Silver District = Rename to "High Threat"(make it default for current gold players)

* Current Gold District = Delete

OR

* Current Green District = Delete

* Current Bronze District = Prevent silver players from joining

* Current Silver District  =  Prevent gold players from joining

* Current Gold District = Only mission district for gold players

• Thanks 1

Just give new accounts a separate district to learn in til rank 40 or so then dump them into 1 district type that everyone has to play in. Threat segregation only works if you got a huge population, something LO will never ever have in this game.

It's literally the only fix and until they accept it and do it, new players will never make it past a week in this game and the ones that do will be bronze/silvers forever because they will never improve,

Edited by Ohshii

2 hours ago, Uru! said:

what is the actual mental process that promotes dethreating

easy matches 

that’s all it boils down to, whether the given reason is “tryhards” or “cheaters” or “relaxing” or whatever other thinly veiled excuse people use

2 hours ago, wHisHi said:

1. As OP said, why LO don`t take any actions against dethreat.

For the same reason as Refer A Friend was exploited but no one got punished for it.

Too many people have abused an exploit which at this time cannot be rectified.

Trying to tell who dethreated deliberately and who went down a threat level by chance is also a logistical nightmare for some cases, for other cases it is clear cut.

Also this had been an issue for YEARS, predating LittleOrbit's acquisition of APB and GamersFirst.

Advanced issues found

37 minutes ago, Bishada8800 said:

Unfortunately, this won't work because further segregating an already small and divided player base will just make queue times longer and servers more dead.

Edited by Similarities

30 minutes ago, Bishada8800 said:

Fix:

* Current Green District = Rename to "Low Threat" (make it default for current bronze players)

* Current Bronze District = Rename to "Medium Threat" (make it default for current silver players)

* Current Silver District = Rename to "High Threat"(make it default for current gold players)

OR

Lol there is it!

Yeah you can rename districts and delete or even add some threat levels... It won't change a thing as this doesn't solve HOW people dethreat!

This forum software is terrible, I can't even click the quote button without it breaking my post.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

As was made perfectly clear, this was about the new player experience. I have no interest in taking candy from babies. This is the difference between me and dethreaters.

As was explained, there are two types of districts in APB at this point. Bronze is where beginners go. Silver should be for non beginners. Color has lost all meaning when it comes to districts. Im not sure how much more clear I can make that.

lmao. Come on dude, you still do not the address my question 🙂 you said it's full of veterans but you play fbw to make it fair,  you don't want to take candies from babies. Wasn't it full of vets though? This story of yours is just horse shi.t sorry. Things just don't add up.

How about some logic and not feelings here? There can'be two types of districts because there are 3 types of threats(not counting green). You can't just lump two  skill brackets together and expect everything to go just fine. 

But hey, whatever suits you, if you wanna farm silvers and complain silvers runaway and they "farm newcomers" and be hypocrite about it - sure, go  ahead 🙂

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Bishada8800 said:

GREEN is the beginner / low threat district where you find beginners and bronze players.

Bronze is the MEDIUM threat district where high bronze, mostly silvers and the occasional low golds fight it out.

Silver is the high threat district where you can find all elite gold clan players, regular gold players and some high silvers.

(Gold is almost always empty - it is only used for racing, ram raiding and pre-arranged match-ups)

Agreed. Dethreating should be a banishable offense. It hurt the game more than cheaters.

To be fair, you are a gold player in a bronze district. Adding to the problem. SPCT at that.

Agreed. But it is not too late to change. Just because its been this way for a long time does not make it right.

To be fair, there are a lot of random low to medium silver threat PuG players (even with hundreds of hours or high ranked in-game characters) that are simply not ready to fight teamed up elite gold players that coordinate with voip. 

They need to rename the districts and change default districts to make it more obvious for new players where they should play:

OR

* Current Bronze District = Prevent silver from joining

(the effect is identical, it is only the wrapping that changed)

To discourage dethreating they should use a mix of carrot on a stick and whip. 

Carrot on a stick:

Perhaps consider giving gold players some sort of advantage, such as faster XP and APB$ per mission or maybe 1 JT  per mission or whatever.

Whip:

At the very least make it harder / more time consuming to dethreat and disable "ready" ("K") if you become gold in medium threat district or if you become silver in a low threat district.

Ppl in this game refuse to change no mater how much they themselves complain about the problem. Unless the community is willing to change it wont happen.

Threat segregated districts is how this dethreating problem started in the first place, all thats going to do is make more ppl dethreat not to mention lower overall district populations. Yes LO needs to make a hard stand on this issue and enforce punishments but as I said above unless the community is willing to change and stop this it will continue to be a problem, much like hacking.

Edited by Darkzero3802

10 hours ago, Sayori said:

Come on dude, you still do not the address my question 🙂 you said it's full of veterans but you play fbw to make it fair,  you don't want to take candies from babies.

Im not sure why this is so difficult for you to understand.

Bronze has two types of players, noobs and vets... this is literally the point of this entire 4 page thread.

As Ive stated, unlike the dethreating crowd, I have no interest in stomping on noobs.

Merged.

11 hours ago, Ohshii said:

Just give new accounts a separate district to learn in til rank 40 or so then dump them into 1 district type that everyone has to play in. Threat segregation only works if you got a huge population, something LO will never ever have in this game.

It's literally the only fix and until they accept it and do it, new players will never make it past a week in this game and the ones that do will be bronze/silvers forever because they will never improve,

That's actually a really interesting idea.

6 hours ago, Glaciers said:

easy matches 

that’s all it boils down to, whether the given reason is “tryhards” or “cheaters” or “relaxing” or whatever other thinly veiled excuse people use

yeah i get that like i said, but my point was that i don't understand why someone would want to only play against people who can't provide even a slight challenge. it's so boring to play an unchallenging game, i figure it must take an incredibly fragile ego for someone to feel good about themselves by stomping on bots.

Hi.

I am a piece of shit. 

make the game hell for me . you and your friends are gonna love this .

47 minutes ago, Uru! said:

yeah i get that like i said, but my point was that i don't understand why someone would want to only play against people who can't provide even a slight challenge. it's so boring to play an unchallenging game, i figure it must take an incredibly fragile ego for someone to feel good about themselves by stomping on bots.

i think the point where you understand the underlying mentality is also probably the point where you start dethreating lol

• Like 1

Hide threat, hide names during missions (red bar instead of name), prioritize quantity when matchmaking (3v3, 4v4, etc), and bring back the training district that actually let you screw around before playing for real.

Edited by SquirrelFace
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Trying to tell who dethreated deliberately and who went down a threat level by chance is also a logistical nightmare for some cases, for other cases it is clear cut.

there are golds who daily go into bronze.

not as hard as you think to tell who is intentionally dethreating because someone of that skill level would have to dethreat from not belonging there

its one thing to be a silver in bronze and even then that can be a problem for new players but  its another thing to be gold daily in bronze district

Where were the solutions? Or anything else.

Nothing personal, but isn't this a generic "add it to the pile" thread?

I mean, props to some of the talking points in the first post are worth talking about, but they're kind of just stated and that's it.

To me, there is not a lot to respond to other than "Yeah, this happens."

What about some changes that can be put up for discussion? Short term solutions vs long term solutions.

What about an open question about the state of player GM's?

I havent read the thread until now so if things have actually happened in the thread thats great. However im not surprised about the time at which im reading this, even if i saw this on the first hour it is a hard thread to engage with because it has topics but just kinda, states them and then confirms what others have been saying for a long time.

Which is blatently obvious by almost every response starting off with some veriation of "[This is/i have] been [happening/saying] this for years".

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

I don't really like to talk  much on the forum because, I feel that no one really care about the  Suggestions but sometimes I do but still no one really cares

I agree with you but, the main problem with this kind of topic that it's going nowhere. All the time there are arguments on the forum about things that have to be changed But, they are not change at all

It's disappointing for me at least that Admins not really want to be involved with the community conversation for listening to the community, to talk with us (not to talk to us)  and be our voice to the  CEO.

as a community, we can also make changes and the question is what will we do? what will be our next step?  how can we make changes? how many will be involved, one person or thousands of people? the final question is when will we stop being so negative when someone offers suggestions (there is no need to agree with everything but for that, you need to explain and not be toxic).

tl;dr:  the community need to stop with toxicity, we need to  unite, talk about the problems and try to fix them 

if admins can't be our voice for the CEO so the community will be the voice for the CEO

I recently posted a topic about a suggestion that would help for the new players that we can do it even without GMs

( not perfect but still better)  but no one really cares about that. I hope now if someone would care about that.

Edited by Bowie
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That's actually a really interesting idea.

this is pretty much exactly what I said 2 pages back but also do not allow new alts to enter the trainee districts even though that will start sub rank 40.

This would discourage all dethreating and as everyone is in the same district, we could even bring back "a high ranked player has entered the district" in the UI as per RTW days. Then the Super Golds would have something to be proud of!

When player become gold threat in bronze district-disable hes/shes option to start missions in bronze district.Player will have to manually switch to silver district if want to keep playn.This will reduce the dethreaters significantly simply because takes much more time to dethreat from gold to silver-than become gold from silver.The time difference between 1st and 2nd is at least double-triple.Thats how many players will quit dethreating cause not gonna be worthy wasting theyr time