illgot

ran into a wall hacker last night

1v1 against a player that was an 80s gold threat.  The point was in a Waterfront building, the one with only 2 entrances, both requiring ladders to reach a small hallway with a generator room to the side, it's near Akiko.

I already know he's up there because his car is parked outside and the east door is open.  I blow up his car spawner vehicle and get my radar equipped car and park it under the "car garage" where NPC cars vanish.  I can see him on the radar as it covers the whole hallway.

I move to the west door and open it, notice he is guarding that because I just kicked the door in and made a lot of noise.  I move over to the east door and see he has moved.  I then move back to the west door and see him covering that door now.  I can see him on my radar covering the ladder.

My character doesn't wear shoes (socks only) to reduce noise and I have my car radio on so he can't hear me.  I walk back and forth a few more times and every time he moves to the ladder I move to with out fail.

There is absolutely no way for him to see me and I seriously doubt he can hear me moving around outside.

This is probably the only time I have been certain a player was using a wall hack because he was being pretty blatant about it.  This makes me wonder how often wall hackers notice each other as they mirror each others moves.

Edited by illgot
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, illgot said:

1v1 against a player that was an 80s gold threat.  The point was in a Waterfront building, the one with only 2 entrances, both requiring ladders to reach a small hallway with a generator room to the side, it's near Akiko.

I already know he's up there because his car is parked outside and the east door is open.  I blow up his car spawner vehicle and get my radar equipped car and park it under the "car garage" where NPC cars vanish.  I can see him on the radar as it covers the whole hallway.

I move to the west door and open it, notice he is guarding that because I just kicked the door in and made a lot of noise.  I move over to the east door and see he has moved.  I then move back to the west door and see him covering that door now.  I can see him on my radar covering the ladder.

My character doesn't wear shoes (socks only) to reduce noise and I have my car radio on so he can't hear me.  I walk back and forth a few more times and every time he moves to the ladder I move to with out fail.

There is absolutely no way for him to see me and I seriously doubt he can hear me moving around outside.

This is probably the only time I have been certain a player was using a wall hack because he was being pretty blatant about it.  This makes me wonder how often wall hackers notice each other as they mirror each others moves.

when that happens, usually, one of the two will invite the other one to a group, and will start playing together and defend each others against "hackusations". I've seen streamers say "XX is cheating, this is so sad", 3 days later they were playing together.

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 2

I ran into a wall too, was a tad tired and dozed off for a few seconds, woke up just to see myself running against the wall. There was no hacker, though. 

But I feel you, regardless.

• Like 1

Sad part is he will think you're also a cheater which will reinforce his opinion of cheating himself since "everyone else is cheating too"

Usually what happens with the ones that lack the skills to even realize how they are beat (this case radar).

Reminds me of the time when carspawners were visible on the map and we hunted down all those afk'ler that didn't want to play us. People went mental.

Who cares about the cheater, the more interesting part of this tale is that somehow your Mobile Radar Tower is actually functioning.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Who cares about the cheater, the more interesting part of this tale is that somehow your Mobile Radar Tower is actually functioning.

if you use it right mobile radar tower can be used to get a permanent radar tag on enemy players 

another gg for little orbit :^)

Just now, Glaciers said:

if you use it right mobile radar tower can be used to get a permanent radar tag on enemy players 

another gg for little orbit :^)

it's funny how u can park it next to a spawn location and it gives u perm 2d radar hacks ! gr8 game🤣

1 hour ago, Bambola said:

I ran into a wall too, was a tad tired and dozed off for a few seconds, woke up just to see myself running against the wall. There was no hacker, though. 

But I feel you, regardless.

You beat me to it. I was going to make that joke. xd

• Like 1

Title made it seem so casual

like... did ya'll go out for a drink, or did you just say hi and went your separate ways? i wanna know more

3 minutes ago, InkieTheSauzeGod said:

Title made it seem so casual

like... did ya'll go out for a drink, or did you just say hi and went your separate ways? i wanna know more

they were actually old high school sweethearts and they’re now rekindling their relationship after 20 years apart

i give them 18 months, tops

4 hours ago, Pinpuce said:

Passioning story. 👍

I was excited, it was the first time I have ever witnessed a wall hacker directly.  I've suspected a few people when they immediately charge at me when I spawn and start going around the back way or when I see them charging at my team mates as they spawn after the wall hacker kills me, but I have never actually watched one follow me through a wall.

I have seen it a few times, some players let slip after they kill you and you can see them following where your team mates are. Some times they are very blatant when they start going around long ways as they know you are going to ambush them, they do this over and over again. There is one guy i know of, he has a few videos up. Somebody pointed him out to me before. He will come on with a sniper rifle and just annihilate teams. I remember one time i managed to get shot through a building by him. This happened during BE's first day. I have not seen him since......

On 7/13/2019 at 10:56 AM, illgot said:

This makes me wonder how often wall hackers notice each other as they mirror each others moves.

maybe you'd be interested to know that in some games there are "hack v hack" communities, where everyone plays as blatant as possible to see who has the best hack

they're usually filled with children, but you know. they exist.

Edited by Uru!

I did this some years ago putting my radar car in the police garage under the area needed to defend. So it made it easy to keep the other team out and we won the match. I got an angry whisper from one on the other team saying his teammate was wall hacking and that I must be also wall hacking since I kept following him to each entrance. They were both low level.

I then explained radar tower to him to no benefit.

Once again, I just posted saying the same thing. But, alas Cookie has to  crap on it, then experience it for himself before any real discussion is had.

15 minutes ago, Havana said:

Once again, I just posted saying the same thing. But, alas Cookie has to  crap on it, then experience it for himself before any real discussion is had.

My guy was tbotting actually.

Also I have bowel issues so I have to crap a lot.

Thanks for bringing it up... jerk.

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

My guy was tbotting actually.

Also I have bowel issues so I have to crap a lot.

Thanks for bringing it up... jerk.

omg leave it to you to make me spit food everywhere